Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apple scans icloud, just like every cloud file provider does. The new piece was baking spyware into the OS to scan every file on your computer for suspected illegal content and directly report you to the police. It will turn into a new form of 'swatting'. Hackers triggering CSAM detection from imessage spam and hacked website browsing on laptops. Innocent people will lose their livelihood and children. I don't know how anybody, especially with children, could trust apple anymore, not knowing if CPS and FBI will come knocking on your door to arrest you and take your children away.
Or, maybe CSAM will work flawlessly and apple will decide to expand detection to 'health and safety' opinions. Then instead of an LEO visit, you get a state psychiatrist. There is no good side to this, except that apple let the cat out of the bag and we know microsoft and google will do the same, if they haven't implemented it already.
So understanding that all of the tech companies "can" do this is one thing, and then weighing the bet on who would or would not abuse it is the next step. For me, I'll stake my risk on the one who doesn't have their entire valuation on monetizing all of the user data they touch. For as much frustration as I have with them, it usually comes back to the limitations of the walled garden that in the end protects me, vs having a wide open and unsecure set of players on my device.

No guarantees out there. In the end, whether you are iOS, Android or whatever, you are also still transiting an often unseen cast of characters who sift your data - just look at Syniverse - hacked for 5 years exposing the content of billions of text messages. I didn't even realize they were in the mix of my communications. Probably goes back to having to assume almost everything you share you will potentially share with everyone, so plan accordingly. Or maybe I should throw out the damned phone and go drive my Bronco. Oh yeah, I don't have it yet...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So understanding that all of the tech companies "can" do this is one thing, and then weighing the bet on who would or would not abuse it is the next step. For me, I'll stake my risk on the one who doesn't have their entire valuation on monetizing all of the user data they touch. For as much frustration as I have with them, it usually comes back to the limitations of the walled garden that in the end protects me, vs having a wide open and unsecure set of players on my device.

No guarantees out there. In the end, whether you are iOS, Android or whatever, you are also still transiting an often unseen cast of characters who sift your data - just look at Syniverse - hacked for 5 years exposing the content of billions of text messages. I didn't even realize they were in the mix of my communications. Probably goes back to having to assume almost everything you share you will potentially share with everyone, so plan accordingly. Or maybe I should throw out the damned phone and go drive my Bronco. Oh yeah, I don't have it yet...
abuse, or just bugs in the software? either one will have the authorities knocking at your door...

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

John might be able to help with accessories I thought ? Also it's so quiet because everyone's sitting and waiting for movement.
Yeah - I'm working on it but it's slow going on the accessory stuff. The GM wants to make sure the owner is on board and all he is worried about ight now is buying more dealerships. I'll keep this crew posted on progress.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's a bit of a simplistic version of boiling down the CSAM safety features. Potentially creepy, yep. Issue it is targeting, really creepy and dangerous. File scanning was on iCloud photo backup - yes, there were algorithms for local detection, but anonymous. Understand you doubt that, and everyone should.

My beef is with everybody who whines about their privacy, but then puts Google Home or Alexa in the house, and even runs cams in their home. You're giving them the keys - they don't need to drive around scanning for conversations like in "V for Vendetta", you put the microphone (and a camera) in your house to spy on yourself.

Def agree on all that location data - we trade bits of our privacy for convenience. Someday the piper will come calling...(and he will know right where to find us)
Thanks for the nightmares - I'll send you my therapy bill.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered the Go Rhino D6 slider/step. Figured I was likely going to need to be more cautious about getting into the Bronco while my shoulder heals, and I want to get them installed before the replacement surgery. If I like them, I'll probably be selling my Badlands stock sliders. If not, I'll be selling the D6's after I am past needing them.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered the Go Rhino D6 slider/step. Figured I was likely going to need to be more cautious about getting into the Bronco while my shoulder heals, and I want to get them installed before the replacement surgery. If I like them, I'll probably be selling my Badlands stock sliders. If not, I'll be selling the D6's after I am past needing them.
I refuse to buy anything until I have the Bronco within my possession. hahaha

then it'll be like...

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? KoEkD3

oh, who am I kidding. No it won't. I have to save for the hardtop. 😂

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That mileage seems good for the weight of a 2.7 4dr badlands.
Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with the hwy mileage I've been getting. 19-20 without even trying. Got over 24 a couple weeks ago really babying it down the parkway. Mostly around town driving with the last tank was in the neighborhood of 15 to 16 so that hurts a bit

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with the hwy mileage I've been getting. 19-20 without even trying. Got over 24 a couple weeks ago really babying it down the parkway. Mostly around town driving with the last tank was in the neighborhood of 15 to 16 so that hurts a bit
Do you use eco mode?

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only get around 17mpg no matter what I do. Probably the price of sasquatch. Probably go down to 33" when I have to get new tires

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you use eco mode?
When I remember to when I get on a hwy. Around town driving in eco is kinda shitty. Not really smooth on take off and the transmission wants to immediately jump to like 5-6 gear once the tires start to move.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel no sympathy for your city mileage. 4.7 and 5.7 jeeps dont exactly sip fuel :LOL:
Sponsored