First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Updated with the official email from Ford to the Dealer....

Posted by @Ksjrb03

Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] fe8f8321-6d43-4a91-b725-ca48fa4109bd-jpe

Original post

Just received a call from my dealer in Tampa, FL about an email from Ford sent last night regarding the 2 FE orders they have not received (mine included). Ford does NOT have the ability to build all the remaining 2021 FE models and giving the remaining order holders until 5pm EST today to change trim levels for a 2022 model only. If they do not receive a new 2022 trim/model to replace the FE my order will be canceled. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F@CK?!?!?!

Speechless.

Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] FEreservationJesse
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your dealer 99ed your order and didn't tell you, or it was never un-99ed if you had originally selected Mod top or dual tops. I seriously doubt Ford would renege on building all FEs in 2021 and build other lower trims with later reservations instead (such as mine).

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so I've got my own problems with what's going on right now, but you definitely win in the "is this fucked up" contest

I'd suggest emailing your dealer about putting you first in line for their very first raptor at MSRP to make it up to you. Doubt it will work, but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah most instances of this I've seen so far have involved 99'd MOD top orders that where never changed to MIC tops and re-prioritized

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just received a call from my dealer in Tampa, FL about an email from Ford sent last night regarding the 2 FE orders they have not received (mine included). Ford does NOT have the ability to build all the remaining 2021 FE models and giving the remaining order holders until 5pm EST today to change trim levels for a 2022 model only. If they do not receive a new 2022 trim/model to replace the FE my order will be canceled. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F@CK?!?!?!

Speechless.

Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] 84CA2717-8DA7-4B7E-96B3-06C5227440CF
It's your dealer's screw up, not Fords. Ford sent out a memo yesterday to dealers laying out why FEs weren't scheduled. All options for them not being built were dealer issues (99d/MOD Top etc.).

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will just reiterate what other said. This has come up already and in every instance it is the dealer screwing you somehow. They are not going to tell you that, and blaming it on Ford. I guarantee you it was the dealer messed up your order in the system and ignored repeated warnings to fix it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, more confusion resulting in customer screwing. Who would have thought. Multiple calls to Ford, and face to face conversations with different dealerships has provide no factual information. “ Yes you can, no you can’t” changes with whoever you talk to. I am really impressed when I contact Ford and their rep replies “ I don’t know”. Wow is all I can say.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When was the last time you spoke with your dealer before they sent this communication to you?

Like others have said, if you were going for a different top, you were 99'd, which ultimately means "don't build." If you never told them you wanted to switch, you stayed that way.

If you hadn't heard from your dealer in quite some time, it probably would have been a good idea to touch base and see where you are at with your order. But, unfortunately, it seems both of you (dealer and yourself) didn't communicate properly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JesseFSU

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When was the last time you spoke with your dealer before they sent this communication to you?

Like others have said, if you were going for a different top, you were 99'd, which ultimately means "don't build." If you never told them you wanted to switch, you stayed that way.

If you hadn't heard from your dealer in quite some time, it probably would have been a good idea to touch base and see where you are at with your order. But, unfortunately, it seems both of you (dealer and yourself) didn't communicate properly.
I have regular communication with the dealership by phone and email. Spoke to them 2 weeks ago to follow up on the order. No mention of my FE being 99'd.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's your dealer's screw up, not Fords. Ford sent out a memo yesterday to dealers laying out why FEs weren't scheduled. All options for them not being built were dealer issues (99d/MOD Top etc.).
Question: Did Ford also send similar notification emails directly to the reservation holders?

*If not*, then ... I believe Ford shares the blame. By taking reservations directly from end customers I believe Ford owes it to those end customers to better communicate with them. Yeah, the dealer should have acted. But since the initial customer relationship was established directly between Ford and the end customer, I don't see an excuse for Ford not doing a little more here. Honestly, someone reserved early enough to get an FE reservation and Ford won't even give them the courtesy of a warning e-mail about not getting that FE before it comes to this? Seriously??

Bottom line: Ford has screwed up the whole reservation process, as we have seen over and over again. This is just the latest manifestation of their incompetence (or lack of power relative to dealers' interests).

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have regular communication with the dealership by phone and email. Spoke to them 2 weeks ago to follow up on the order. No mention of my FE being 99'd.
OK, well, what was your current status when you spoke to them two weeks ago?

I'm curious because it sounds like you were under the impression your FE was going to be built, and now you feel blindsided by this update. I'm also curious if you ever updated your roof like the email asks that @Monster1926 posted.
Sponsored