First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those of you waiting for your Bronco to be released there is light at the end of the tunnel. Friday morning, much to my surprise, I took delivery of my 2 door Antimatter Blue OBX. That's right, I say surprise because on September 23rd I got an email from Ford saying my Bronco was scheduled for a replacement roof in November. The dirt mountain roof replacements must be moving faster than expected because on September 25th I got a follow up message from Ford confirming the Bronco was complete and would be shipping out with an estimated delivery date of October 8th. As the Bronco arrived a week early, delivery from Michigan must be quicker than anticipated or there was one last spot on a truck to Maryland.

As for the vehicle, first impressions have me blown away. Having had multiple Wranglers (JK & JL), Ford found a way to improve everything that is great about the Jeep. Handling is tight with no live axle chop when hitting bumps or rough surfaces. While I haven't pushed it yet, the 2.7 has plenty get up and go and is quiet and smooth when compared to the Jeep's 3.6. The 10spd is taking some getting used to, but that is mainly because my last two Jeeps were manual. With the roof in place, wind/road noise is on par with that of a Wrangler. With the front roof sections off there is not much wind buffeting and it is easy to carry a conversation with both front and rear seat passengers. Seating position is comfortable and the view out the front windshield is very similar to the Wrangler. For me, no issues with visibility out of the rear window either. Coming from the world of low tech, the high package in the Bronco is amazing and very intuitive to use. The non B&O speakers are not as bad as folks are making out. Being a vehicle with a removable roof and doors, you're not going to get concert hall sound, that being said, base out of the rear speakers could be a little better. Overall, great first couple of days with the Bronco.

Hang in there because this Bronco is worth the wait! For point of reference I was a day one, early hour reservation. Converted my order prior to the April order due date. Was issued a VIN in late April with an initial build date of June 28th. Build date got pushed once to August 3rd and from there I went to dirt mountain. Ford communicated (not necessarily the news I wanted to hear) with me the entire time including under promising and over delivering in the last set of emails.

Happy motoring. Can't wait to see more of you in the wild!

E1D161D1-8EF3-493C-B758-B2E076C7F5EB.jpeg

4D4EDD26-7FB7-46C6-B239-D06131EA5288.jpeg

FAC57B82-131D-40C6-BB7E-C90B046F356A.jpeg

D14E7552-5095-4AA9-A7A0-0F1330DA9D31.jpeg

C81DB90C-0927-4640-8B08-5BA89874F4FB.jpeg

8C7BA02D-7FA2-449D-BC32-AF50DF8AAE0D.jpeg
Looks like the same build as mine, and color. What was your original blend date? Curious, I have not even received an email about my roof, I was a 7/14 blend.

First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Blend date was 8/3
Hoping mine is in transit and is one that will be a surprise. This makes me a little more hopeful that is the case. It will take a couple weeks in shipping if it goes smooth because of my location. It has to get a train and then sit and wait for a semi load from there.

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats. This is same color and build as my wife's rig, now looking at our 9th build date. Its a surprise for her, read our story if it interests you. At least its confirmation it can actually be built! What interior did you choose?

Sponsored

67Bronkogirl

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 1/2 cab Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you waiting for your Bronco to be released there is light at the end of the tunnel. Friday morning, much to my surprise, I took delivery of my 2 door Antimatter Blue OBX. That's right, I say surprise because on September 23rd I got an email from Ford saying my Bronco was scheduled for a replacement roof in November. The dirt mountain roof replacements must be moving faster than expected because on September 25th I got a follow up message from Ford confirming the Bronco was complete and would be shipping out with an estimated delivery date of October 8th. As the Bronco arrived a week early, delivery from Michigan must be quicker than anticipated or there was one last spot on a truck to Maryland.

As for the vehicle, first impressions have me blown away. Having had multiple Wranglers (JK & JL), Ford found a way to improve everything that is great about the Jeep. Handling is tight with no live axle chop when hitting bumps or rough surfaces. While I haven't pushed it yet, the 2.7 has plenty get up and go and is quiet and smooth when compared to the Jeep's 3.6. The 10spd is taking some getting used to, but that is mainly because my last two Jeeps were manual. With the roof in place, wind/road noise is on par with that of a Wrangler. With the front roof sections off there is not much wind buffeting and it is easy to carry a conversation with both front and rear seat passengers. Seating position is comfortable and the view out the front windshield is very similar to the Wrangler. For me, no issues with visibility out of the rear window either. Coming from the world of low tech, the high package in the Bronco is amazing and very intuitive to use. The non B&O speakers are not as bad as folks are making out. Being a vehicle with a removable roof and doors, you're not going to get concert hall sound, that being said, base out of the rear speakers could be a little better. Overall, great first couple of days with the Bronco.

Hang in there because this Bronco is worth the wait! For point of reference I was a day one, early hour reservation. Converted my order prior to the April order due date. Was issued a VIN in late April with an initial build date of June 28th. Build date got pushed once to August 3rd and from there I went to dirt mountain. Ford communicated (not necessarily the news I wanted to hear) with me the entire time including under promising and over delivering in the last set of emails.

Thank you for this post! And AMB (my color ordered that I've now lost... very sad).... beautiful. Congrats!!!

bogshotrods

Badlands
First Name
Danny Bogner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Our Wildtrack 4 door has been IN PRODUCTION since June 23rd , received the same generic email September 23rd that it would be BUILT this month ( September) and not a word since meaning it's still on DirtMountain I guess

OP
OP
Sheerhere

Sheerhere

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr OBX 2.7; Toyota 4Runner V8
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats. This is same color and build as my wife's rig, now looking at our 9th build date. Its a surprise for her, read our story if it interests you. At least its confirmation it can actually be built! What interior did you choose?
Navy Pier cloth, you?

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Question Mr. OP.
I just drove a 2 door Wildtrack today. Noticed that there was wind noise coming from the back, almost like there was a window cracked open. on the passenger side rear.

I have had 8 Wranglers. The Bronco is hands down a better driver, but never noticed the wind sound in my Jeeps. What is your experience.

Ford Bronco From Dirt Mountain to Driveway - Hang In There att.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheerhere

Sheerhere

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr OBX 2.7; Toyota 4Runner V8
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question Mr. OP.
I just drove a 2 door Wildtrack today. Noticed that there was wind noise coming from the back, almost like there was a window cracked open. on the passenger side rear.

I have had 8 Wranglers. The Bronco is hands down a better driver, but never noticed the wind sound in my Jeeps. What is your experience.

Ford Bronco From Dirt Mountain to Driveway - Hang In There att.JPEG
Agreed, hands down the Bronco is a much better driver. I'm finding the 2.7 to be silky smooth when compared to the 3.6 in my Wranglers.

With regard to wind noise, my reference point is the premium soft top of the JKU and JLU. The premium tops were tight enough that you didn't get the material flapping sound that you'd get from a standard vinyl top, but it certainly didn't mask the wind or road noise. The MIC 2.0 with sound deadening liner is much quieter, but doesn't eliminate wind noise altogether. I found in my Jeeps I constantly had the audio volume cranked to drown out wind and road noise. In the Bronco I don't have to turn up the audio or shout to have a conversation with passengers. I do find there is a slight (not obnoxious) whistle somewhere along the driver side A-pillar between 63-70 mph. Haven't isolated it yet, but could be the sideview mirror or where the leading edge of the top meets the A-pillar. Haven't heard any wind noise from the back, my guess is if you heard something, it could have been a pinched seal. Did the WT you drove have the headliner? What Jeeps are you comparing Bronco to?

While on the topic of wind.....Not sure if its the hard top or vehicle setup, but the Bronco doesn't get pushed around by wind gusts when being passed by tractor trailers at highway speed.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed, hands down the Bronco is a much better driver. I'm finding the 2.7 to be silky smooth when compared to the 3.6 in my Wranglers.

With regard to wind noise, my reference point is the premium soft top of the JKU and JLU. The premium tops were tight enough that you didn't get the material flapping sound that you'd get from a standard vinyl top, but it certainly didn't mask the wind or road noise. The MIC 2.0 with sound deadening liner is much quieter, but doesn't eliminate wind noise altogether. I found in my Jeeps I constantly had the audio volume cranked to drown out wind and road noise. In the Bronco I don't have to turn up the audio or shout to have a conversation with passengers. I do find there is a slight (not obnoxious) whistle somewhere along the driver side A-pillar between 63-70 mph. Haven't isolated it yet, but could be the sideview mirror or where the leading edge of the top meets the A-pillar. Haven't heard any wind noise from the back, my guess is if you heard something, it could have been a pinched seal. Did the WT you drove have the headliner? What Jeeps are you comparing Bronco to?

While on the topic of wind.....Not sure if its the hard top or vehicle setup, but the Bronco doesn't get pushed around by wind gusts when being passed by tractor trailers at highway speed.
Bronco I drove did not have the head liner. Jeeps I had that I was comparing wind noise to were 2011 JK, 2016 JKU WW. both soft tops, and a 2020 Gladiator with a hard top. Other Jeeps were CJs and YJs
The Bronco wind noise I heard was almost like a whistle from an open window, not the typical wind noise hitting an uninsulated shoe box
Sponsored