Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many reservations did this dealer have? How many were soft top? And your Dealer's reservation and soft top counts? Are there similar orders to yours with earlier timestamps that got scheduled? What about location, where is your dealer vs. theirs, how many dealers nearby with similar builds?
Do you just disregard what the complaining on this thread is about? I reserved in February but know that there are others who reserved before me with that same build that are still waiting. Explain why we should wait longer than the person who didn't put an order directly through the dealer should get one so quickly?? I get it you favor an Allocation system. We, the customers were offered a Reservation system. To keep customers happy and to money exchanging hands Ford should be sending built orders to the customers that reserved them in an order that matches reservation timeline. I get it if Ford wants to produce Big Bends for 3 days to maintain efficiency as long as they are building them in reservation timeline. Same goes for any trim level. Why use a reservation system to determine demand and geographics to then throw it out the window? What happens when those dealers are sitting on Broncos that they have to sell under MSRP because the market is tapped out already? I know seems impossible in this Market but it will happen and I would bet this year because Ford has a demographic for this vehicle that they are pushing to the wayside. As a business would you rather sell to the customer at 2% off MSRP - MSRP as soon as the vehicle hits your lot or under MSRP 5 months from the time it hits your lot?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get that I guess I'm just tired of a lot of people complaining about this allocation method assuming that it is automatically hurting reservation holders at small dealerships. If you think about it simply from a numbers standpoint, if a dealer has historically sold more cars then it will most likely have more reservations. If it has historically sold less cars it's probably in a lower population area that has less reservations. If that holds true, which on average it will, then this allocation shouldn't necessarily hurt reservation holders at small dealers anymore than at big dealers.

There will be outliers of course like Granger and such, but on average I don't see how this screws anyone over anymore than anyone else.

Speaking of Granger dealers like that knew this was a risk, whether they relayed that to customers or not it's a different story.
In the scheme of things, even though they have a higher than normal amount of orders, it only represents less than 1% of total orders. That's why Ford takes care of the big dealers. The big dealers will continue to make big money for Ford while the small dealer will go back to selling 5 vehicles a week after the Bronco hysteria goes away.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me help you. Not only did Granger offer a competitive price, they're the most honest and transparent dealer most have ever dealt with. The amount of information they've contributed to this forum alone should answer your question.

I absolutely loathe the dealer car buying experience. Many here do. It's why I typically buy from private sellers. The reason I, and so many others switched to Granger, was because many (not all) of the "Big Dealers" are asshats. The mega dealer I was originally with here in Utah certainly qualifies. It's invaluable knowing the day you walk into a dealer you won't be screwed.

Have you spent much time on this forum and seen what's been going on with mark-ups, reservations being stolen, etc..?

The result is people are frustrated because that bad behavior is essentially being rewarded because a dealership resides in a big city.

Thank you @Zach@Granger!! And we'll see you Saturday!
Everyone's favorite dealer is the "most honest and transparent". Like I stated they seem like a nice dealer, but if you think that Granger is telling every single thing they know or every plan they have then you should probably rethink that. There marketing strategy has been to target this forum and probably other forums that some of the enthusiasts hide out on.

There is absolutely no way that they did not think that there would be risk in them taking on massive quantities of orders. They knew that going in big dealers have and always will have more allocations. And guess what, if they keep these sales up, they will have more allocations in coming year as they are now one of those "big dealers".

In terms of mark-ups and stolen reservations, do you have any data on if that is happening more at big dealers than small dealers? There are scummy little dealers and scummy big dealers. When shopping around some of the small dealers I talked to were asshats and some of the big dealers were asshats.

I think my dealer is great, but since it is in a town of about maybe 4000 they will get less vehicles. But are they getting less cars allocated per customers, probably not.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're talking about the dealer I think you're talking about, I got an email from the owner at 11pm last night. Sure it's not 1:30, but don't claim he doesn't put in the hours.
I'm quoting his words.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine if Toyota brought back the FJ Cruiser for 2022. With either a convertible soft top, or a permanent modular hard top, which would have a permanent frame but removable panels on roof and sides. Maybe then Ford would get their head out of their ass...

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm quoting his words.
Nevermind, thought you were talking about someone else who wasn't up at 1:30am. Misunderstood, i apologize.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This response makes no sense.
Reservation holders selected their preferred dealers based on factors outside the the ones you outlined. We have no idea what 3 years sales volume looks like in 2020 for MY22, and did not pick the dealership based on those numbers. Your logic falls short on equating reservation numbers with allocation numbers too. This vehicle model has not been sold for 25 years and there was no market data available to predict the reservation response. It was not until AFTER the reservations were flowing in that the larger dealers might be cut off from sales. Once X-plan was off the table, the allocation model for MY21 was revealed and the truth was out. Reservations DO NOT matter for anyone at a small dealer. MY21 deliveries was hard enough, but MY22 will be almost impossible for most reservation holders at small dealers. The result will be MY22 dealer stock vehicles being produced WAY before reservation holders based solely on dealer volume and allocations.

Furthermore, if the dealership had less to sell less, the it's also true that if a dealer had more it sold more. However, this has/had/having nothing to do with the Bronco. Your assumption on allocations = reservations did not hold true for MY21, and it will not hold true for MY22. There were way more reservations than allocations for every dealer (I haven't heard otherwise), but the reservation distribution did not follow traditional allocations for sales volume (based on the dealerships I've communicated with over the past year). I get that there was a cutoff, but the math for the MY22 cutoff will be more severe for smaller dealers than the initial math in regards to the Bronco reservation holders vs allocations.
The stated allocation formula does not penalize small dealerships unless you are assuming that all small dealerships somehow have more Bronco reservations per revenue dollar than the big dealers. Most likely the reservation to revenue ratio is pretty much the same across the board. Yes there are outliers as there always are when you average, but that just means that some small dealers will get penalized while some small dealers will actually benefit from this.

Also this vehicle has not been sold for years, but every dealer knows if they historically sell more off road vehicles in that area. There is a ton of market data to predict this, just because this exact vehicle hasn't been out does not mean that they don't know Jeep sales in the area or truck and SUV sales in the area.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone's favorite dealer is the "most honest and transparent". Like I stated they seem like a nice dealer, but if you think that Granger is telling every single thing they know or every plan they have then you should probably rethink that. There marketing strategy has been to target this forum and probably other forums that some of the enthusiasts hide out on.

There is absolutely no way that they did not think that there would be risk in them taking on massive quantities of orders. They knew that going in big dealers have and always will have more allocations. And guess what, if they keep these sales up, they will have more allocations in coming year as they are now one of those "big dealers".

In terms of mark-ups and stolen reservations, do you have any data on if that is happening more at big dealers than small dealers? There are scummy little dealers and scummy big dealers. When shopping around some of the small dealers I talked to were asshats and some of the big dealers were asshats.

I think my dealer is great, but since it is in a town of about maybe 4000 they will get less vehicles. But are they getting less cars allocated per customers, probably not.
You're being fairly presumptuous about what Granger knew. As if they could've predicted this shit show. They developed a business strategy based on a formula Ford conjured up to appease large dealers and it worked largely based on the order conversion component. Now that's essentially meaningless.

Ford is moving the goal posts....again.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also this vehicle has not been sold for years, but every dealer knows if they historically sell more off road vehicles in that area. There is a ton of market data to predict this, just because this exact vehicle hasn't been out does not mean that they don't know Jeep sales in the area or truck and SUV sales in the area.
Please point to the math where regional/local market off-road vehicle sales factors into the MY22 allocation.

You seem to be combining the MY21 allocation model with MY22. This is not what is happening. MY22 allocation, as it stands, is partially relative to volume calculations BEFORE the Bronco was released. Many small dealerships saw a real bump in their reservation/sales potential for the Bronco through the reservation system. That math has been eliminated - period. The MY22 allocations favors large volume dealers that had sales of stock vehicles BEFORE the Bronco hit the market and reservations were made at a higher take rate with non-asshat dealers. This model seeks to reverse that trend.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the scheme of things, even though they have a higher than normal amount of orders, it only represents less than 1% of total orders. That's why Ford takes care of the big dealers. The big dealers will continue to make big money for Ford while the small dealer will go back to selling 5 vehicles a week after the Bronco hysteria goes away.
This is a great point that isn't brought up in here very often, Bronco is a big money maker but in the grand scheme of things there are a lot of other vehicles that they are trying to sell besides this. It feels like everyone on here seems to think that Ford is only making the Bronco and nothing else. If this were true, then yes they should do things differently. But that's not how it works.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please point to the math where regional/local market off-road vehicle sales factors into the MY22 allocation.

You seem to be combining the MY21 allocation model with MY22. This is not what is happening. MY22 allocation, as it stands, is partially relative to volume calculations BEFORE the Bronco was released. Many small dealerships saw a real bump in their reservation/sales potential for the Bronco through the reservation system. That math has been eliminated - period. The MY22 allocations favors large volume dealers that had sales of stock vehicles BEFORE the Bronco hit the market and reservations were made at a higher take rate with non-asshat dealers. This model seeks to reverse that trend.
That statement was just responding to your statement of how there was no way anyone knew what these numbers would look like.

This allocation formula is only based 50% on sales. The other 50 is split between 2021 allocations which helps the bronco heavy dealers and Bronco Sport sales. Even though the Sport is a crossover, it is most likely selling higher in areas that will also sell Broncos. So the formula is literally based 50% on factors that favor places that sell a higher percentage of broncos.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only thing worse than Ford f*cking over its customers is Ford dealers patronizing those customers with half-fast explanations of how Ford did the right thing and we're all just too stupid to understand. You want to know why people hate dealing with car dealerships? Look in the mirror.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
As you obviously recall, Ford made that fact very clear.
I really don't recall. I wasn't on the forum for 2-3 months. It could have been then. What happened?
Sponsored