First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Lux package in my Badlands which includes the wireless charger. My phone was running a little low on battery before leaving the house, but hey my Bronco has a wireless charger. I went for a couple hour drive and it literally only went up about 10% in battery life. I wasn't running any apps on the phone that would lead to battery draw. It has been like this since delivery. Has anybody else noticed less than ideal charging?
Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i have found that wireless charging in most cases is much much slower than wired, especially if the screen is on

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do not have a Bronco, nor have I ever had a vehicle with wireless charging. However, I have used wireless charging pads before and this has always been my experience. Also, my phone gets super hot.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems normal for a wireless charging pad. If your battery is pretty dead, I'd plug it in. I use wireless charging pads overnight (too lazy to plug it in) or if I'm driving around and just want to top up my phone a bit.

Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of the reasons I decided to go High and install my own MagSafe.

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd ask the dealer about it.... I'm a bit surprised so many people have experienced a slower charge on a wireless charge pad.

I am no expert but I have one on my nightstand and it charges quickly for me. I'll be bummed if this is reality and not a bug... but I go the lux package for the heated steering wheel so it won't be a total loss if this is the case, lol.

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like this is normal then. I didn't want to have to take it to a dealer. I just figured the wireless charger would have been a little better than my 2016 Tacoma, but it's the same experience. Hot phone and no decent charge. Almost makes me want to turn it off.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like this is normal then. I didn't want to have to take it to a dealer. I just figured the wireless charger would have been a little better than my 2016 Tacoma, but it's the same experience. Hot phone and no decent charge. Almost makes me want to turn it off.
Are you using CarPlay or Android Auto while doing so? That will impact battery life.

That said, high quality alignment just won't be very realistic, and therefore charging times will vary.

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd ask the dealer about it.... I'm a bit surprised so many people have experienced a slower charge on a wireless charge pad.

I am no expert but I have one on my nightstand and it charges quickly for me. I'll be bummed if this is reality and not a bug... but I go the lux package for the heated steering wheel so it won't be a total loss if this is the case, lol.
I had to have some heat as well for cold winters. I'm glad this wasn't a deciding factor, more of an added bonus... if it worked well lol

Sponsored

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just downsized my phone to an iPhone mini - with the phone being light it moves around a lot more. I rarely use the wireless charger now.

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you using CarPlay or Android Auto while doing so? That will impact battery life.

That said, high quality alignment just won't be very realistic, and therefore charging times will vary.
I will try turning Android auto off on my next little road trip and see how it does.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your charge % actually increases, that's the most you can expect out of most built-in wireless car chargers. There's a few decent ones out there, but I haven't heard of any Fords with them.

Even if you get a fast charging aftermarket one that lines up perfectly with magnets, in my experience it'll trickle charge if you are using it for nav and audio too. It's more about preventing your phone from draining than recharging from 10%.

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I worked at the Ford dealer, the Explorer ST I would cruise around charged my phone fairly well. A little disappointed but it is what it is I suppose.
Sponsored