CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
should we place bets on what the next bad news will be? Price changes?

all kidding aside, i guess what it comes down to is that Ford just can't build these things. This whole allocation thing wouldn't matter if they were able to build them all this year and next. If we all knew we were within the allocation, we'd be less frustrated. I just wish i understood the supply chain issue better- i feel like we should be able to produce parts a year and a half into covid.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a great point that isn't brought up in here very often, Bronco is a big money maker but in the grand scheme of things there are a lot of other vehicles that they are trying to sell besides this. It feels like everyone on here seems to think that Ford is only making the Bronco and nothing else. If this were true, then yes they should do things differently. But that's not how it works.
It seems like Maverick and F-150 Lightning have stolen the Bronco thunder. With the amount of reservations for both and Ford investing in 2 new plants for Lightning, the Bronco has become a red headed step child.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That 40k number is all reservations that didn't follow through, not early res holders.

We had a 70% overall conversion. We have a 10% cancellation among 1/2 day reservations holders. Early res holders were most likely to convert based on my store's data.
I hear yah, for me though an early reservation is reserving before people could even see the vehicle in person or test drive. I don't roll that way when buying a vehicle. And so by Ford catering to those sort of people, Ford basically booted me to the back of the bus.

It's interesting that 40k or more persons would reserve but not order. Along with people playing games with multiped reservations, failing to pickup orders and things of that nature. Not a fan of the reservation scheme. If I never have to hear the term "reservation time stamp" again it will be too soon, lol.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really don't recall. I wasn't on the forum for 2-3 months. It could have been then. What happened?
My apologies; More than a year ago, Ford went after a certain dealer and made them take down some of what they posted here. Ford didn't seem to like that they were accumulating a massive amount of reservations and set allocation policies that seemed to work against that dealer. That was when they only had a few hundred reservations. There's a massive thread with play by play somewhere.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spoken like a dealer who is addicted to ADM and the concept of a fair deal to the customer is a foreign concept. I'm sure your package pricing for nitrogen in the tires, VIN etching and floor mats is a bargain.
VIN etching, lol. I bought my first new car last year. After several hours of the typical sales tactics, we finally agreed on the final price, and the sales guy gives me the document to sign. And on there they had slipped in a $400 VIN etching charge! Dealers wonder why so many get a bad name.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bottom line with regards to the whole dealer allocation vs reservation system is the lack of transparency of the whole system is unfair to the person making the reservation. People who didn't know (or for that matter still don't know) that the allocation system takes priority over the reservation are being mislead into thinking that Ford is going to produce these vehicles for customers based on when they reserved/ordered their Bronco. In reality, the dealer they selected had more to do with when they get their Bronco more than any other single factor other than constraints.
It seems this has been covered many times all the way back to last July when Bronco was officially introduced.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That certain unnamed dealer was posting on this forum at 1:30a (in his timezone) last night.
I don't think anyone is disputing that. Said dealer words were they weren't up at 1:30 in the morning worrying about Broncos. If I sold Jeeps also, I sure wouldn't be either.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pl8to said:
What I don't understand is why everyone treats the Grangers and such as somehow better dealers than other "big dealers".

because they are. way better. it is not just about price. trust and honesty go a long way to some of us. this forum has a multitude of threads about reindealer games, and some of us are just tired of it. i was one of those whose reservations were hijacked by the local dealer and i had to go thru that misery. granger cannot help it that these big box dealers cried to ford about how granger was sucking up the reservations and orders, and then ford changed the game to appease them. the 2022 allocation system appears to me to be an anti-granger scheme also.

i want a dealer who tells you what they offer, then delivers. it is irrelevant to me why granger is on this forum, or what their motives are. my motive is the only one that counts. my bronco was the third delivered to granger. everyone at granger was responsive, honest, upfront; i had no issues. isn't that worth a bunch? i gave them my OB factory wheels/tires for a job well done. some people want a dealer they can trust. granger is that dealer. i have proven that.

two more broncos on order with them. if they don't arrive till 2023, then so be it. and yes; those who have reservations/orders should get their broncos in time stamp order, if buildable, regardless of allocation games to the dealers.
They may be a fine dealer, but did people really think they have some magic power to get enough allocations to cover so many reservations in 1 year? You have yours, so you can praise them. What about those that may still be waiting a year from now? My belief is they should have made it more clear that many would be waiting a long while to get their Bronco.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They may be a fine dealer, but did people really think they have some magic power to get enough allocations to cover so many reservations in 1 year? You have yours, so you can praise them. What about those that may still be waiting a year from now? My belief is they should have made it more clear that many would be waiting a long while to get their Bronco.
I reserved as part of their October special, and it was spelled out pretty clear at that time that these were likely to be late in the game.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ber-bronco-reservations-at-granger-ford.5905/
You will not be the first person in your town to receive your Bronco in all likelihood. Delivery may not be until the 2022 model year. Ford has stated they will fill reservations before stock orders. But you will be at the end of the line of 165,000 and counting reservations.
What we didn't know then was how Ford would continue to play allocation games going into '22 given the backlog incurred in '21 fueled in no small part by the MIC debacle.

Ford had a chance to make meaningful amends and improve customer goodwill, and instead chose to comp us Bronco Nation memberships. Yay.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks like those that have been saying "give Ford a chance" are finally smelling the rank coffee.
I have owned Ford's for 40+ years...many of them. I have been loyal to Ford. But this has turned into a total fiasco and will harm Ford's reputation. It is leaving me soured for sure.
Many of us reserved in July of 2020...........2020!!! We had a "promise" of a build date in May of 2021. Well...we all know what has transpired. Up until this post I figured I may get my Bronco by Summer's end of 2022.....a 2 year wait. Well.....it sounds like late 2022 or maybe even into 2023. I went with my smaller local Dealer to support local. From the Formula, using the 25% figure....they may only get 5-6 Broncos for 2022. REALLY ???!!! Damn I hope Ford is reading every single comment on this post. The CEO should be reading everyone of them. I also (tired of waiting) ordered a Ranger Tremor. It is scheduled to build 10-25-21. If it gets pushed back and delayed to 2022....I am going to flip. ---sincere feelings to all of you!---
That's right, you showed Ford, you bought another Ford. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not brand loyal, I have never purchased the same brand in a row. Just give me a model with the features and style I need at the time, through in some comfort and reliability and I'll buy it.

I sold my last Ford 20 years ago, doesn't look like I'll be getting a new one anytime soon.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved as part of their October special, and it was spelled out pretty clear at that time that these were likely to be late in the game.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ber-bronco-reservations-at-granger-ford.5905/

What we didn't know then was how Ford would continue to play allocation games going into '22 given the backlog incurred in '21 fueled in no small part by the MIC debacle.

Ford had a chance to make meaningful amends and improve customer goodwill, and instead chose to comp us Bronco Nation memberships. Yay.
You will not be the first person in your town to receive your Bronco in all likelihood. Delivery may not be until the 2022 model year. Ford has stated they will fill reservations before stock orders. But you will be at the end of the line of 165,000 and counting reservations.

That seems very carefully worded so people pick up on key elements. MAY not be until 22, people thinking in terms of Jan 1 when its more likely to be "by September". At least they said you'd be behind a lot of others.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Ford following the reservation system perfectly, no not at all, that went out the window when everything went to shit (and if you expect otherwise you may be off your rocker). They have a keep revenue coming in and right now with all the vehicle issues across the board they are going to crank Bronco's out in the best way possible. I'm happy if they continue to honor the reservations system 75% of the way, as I know it just doesn't make sense to build all reservations first.

Just remember most people on this forum are customers (many even bought from a big dealer 😲) and some of us are going to be happy customers quicker, but at the end of the day just smile and enjoy your damn Bronco when you get it. And if you can't wait, then move on, go buy a Jeep or a 4Runner and come back to Bronco when you can more easily get one. Just stop your damn bellyaching.
Why the [blank] would I ever come back to the Bronco after being treated this way???? If they piss me off to the point of buying something else after waiting for more than a year, not only am I not ever considering a Bronco, I'm also never going to consider any Ford. IMO FMC is trying so hard to concede to the big dealers that they aren't just burning the bridges with reservation/order holders, they completely nuked it and are yelling at anyone who even approaches the area of where the bridge was supposed to be. :mad: !!! You make it sound like this was just a one time glitch and there was nothing Ford could have done to make it better. Respectfully, I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That seems very carefully worded so people pick up on key elements. MAY not be until 22, people thinking in terms of Jan 1 when its more likely to be "by September". At least they said you'd be behind a lot of others.
Exactly how concrete can they be when Ford itself can't be anything close?
They were completely transparent each and every time anyone asked about timing.

Last edited:

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Granger should have been more clear and upfront, but Ford gets a pass on it? Ford is running the show...they've got the big-boy pants on. They're making the decisions to change things up and they can face the criticism that comes from those decisions.

Granger/Stevens/etc didn't come up with the reservation system, that was Ford. Maybe that's why you guys are confused on this topic? Hope this helps clear it up.

I'm holding off judgment until I know it's real and can evaluate what this means for me, but this relentless need to play defense for Ford and try to blame-shift their fuckups is pretty weird.
Sponsored