Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice build and congrats. Who cares if you put a lift kit and off road tires on an OBX that will never leave the pavement. There are no prerequisites. Your money, your business, your build - as long as you are happy that's all that matters. We're all here to celebrate the new Bronco and support one another. Besides, other than the purest who like the aesthetic of the untouched OBX (which I truly respect) and real considerations associated with running smaller tires (weight, fuel consumption, etc.) I think the majority of folks on this forum would agree that the new Bronco just inherently looks BETTER with the larger tires and more aggressive stance, no matter where it is or what it's doing. Even if that "doing" is nothing more than sitting and looking bad ass or going to the grocery store. I have a 4dr OBX SAS coming and I certainly plan on doing more than that but I defend everyone's right to build and use their Bronco as they please, within safety limits.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of people will never take their Bronco off road so they don't need the locking front differential the stronger Dana 44 or the lower gear ratio ( the lower gear ratio does help on the street so you may miss that)
I do some off roading so this is not the bronco for me, but I can see this being an option for some people. It does look nice. Enjoy your new Bronco.
95% or more of typical off-roading can be done with the OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and rear locker. I will admit, that having a front locker is better, but unnecessary for most situations. Also the Dana 44 open is plenty strong.

The 4.27 is plenty low (only a 10% gear difference) compared to the 4.7, but essentially a wash with stock tire sizes.

People make a bigger deal of this than necessary. An OBX is plenty capable off-road.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks way better with the lift and wheels

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good. What is the ofset on those wheels?

Sponsored

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree with you 100%. I'm the OP and this is my daughters daily driver. She just turned 16 and she is beyond excited by the amount of attention she had gotten because of the vehicle she is driving. For six months she researched her vehicle and she probably knows more about Broncos than most of the people who post on this site.
I'll be your son if you buy me a Bronco lol. Nice ride, it looks great. May not have the capability of actual Sasquatch but a 16 year old won't require that.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Actually. The obx screams "won't go rock crawling". Big difference.
Many vehicles can go off road. The Bronco is in that same category and does it well
Then exactly why does it come with highway tires?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then exactly why does it come with highway tires?
Id surmise so that it has a smooth ride on the highway. Someone posted a video one page back of a BASE doing pretty well on an off road trail. One inch tire size down than the outer banks and without ANY lockers. The obx has rear lockers, 4x4 drive, and all the necessary goat modes indicating that it's off road ready

Now what you define as off road may differ than what I define as off road. @Southern Girl has an obx and lives on a dirt road and can attest, it's plenty capable

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Id surmise so that it has a smooth ride on the highway. Someone posted a video one page back of a BASE doing pretty well on an off road trail. One inch tire size down than the outer banks and without ANY lockers. The obx has rear lockers, 4x4 drive, and all the necessary goat modes indicating that it's off road ready

Now what you define as off road may differ than what I define as off road. @Southern Girl has an obx and lives on a dirt road and can attest, it's plenty capable
My take on off-roading is not just driving in the grass and while sand is tricky, it is a one dimensional challenge for most people and the people in the dunes are better prepared than most. Anything that has been prepared as a right of way is a road regardless of composition. This thread is so old, I don't remember exactly what was being discussed, but there is no question, the outerbanks was marketed for the street crowd and beach goers. Base, Big Bend and BD are all marketed as affordable offroad platforms. Painted mirror caps, painted fenders, little tires and 18" wheels make it hard to argue with the demographic Ford was going after.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. I was fording water to get home today. It rained a lot.

Sponsored

Brubes66

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s a sharp looking setup! Apologize if this has already been answered, but I didn’t see it anywhere. Which gears and engine does this one have, and how is it handling the larger tires?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The truck definitely looks way better than stock…take off the running boards would help even more. Better than Sasquatch? No. :confused:

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What interior did you get? Any chance for a pic of seats and/or dash if they're roast cloth? Patiently waiting for my "traced unit" black obx squatch. Looks great!
Did you end up finding roast cloth interior pics? I took one or two at my dealership

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My take on off-roading is not just driving in the grass and while sand is tricky, it is a one dimensional challenge for most people and the people in the dunes are better prepared than most. Anything that has been prepared as a right of way is a road regardless of composition. This thread is so old, I don't remember exactly what was being discussed, but there is no question, the outerbanks was marketed for the street crowd and beach goers. Base, Big Bend and BD are all marketed as affordable offroad platforms. Painted mirror caps, painted fenders, little tires and 18" wheels make it hard to argue with the demographic Ford was going after.
I would argue that it's not fair to say an Outer Banks isn't meant to off-road. I fully expect mine to be as capable as any other Bronco. Making the Sas package available on all models makes blanket statements like that just wrong. Granted I won't be able to rock crawl as well as a Badlands but I can live with that. Oh yeah I may bend my side steps if I get serious but I kinda need em I'm getting a little older.
Sponsored