Sponsored

Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion)

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol... can't wait for the responses on the gloss sticker. Your solution for people not wanting other to touch their vehicles is to have them put a sticker on their vehicle? Do they sound like the type that want to adhere a sticker to their vehicle?
The sticker is purely optional. I suppose they could put a post-it note up saying "No Squatch"... or they could just do nothing and maybe they'll never get a 'Squatch visit.

There's only so much which can be done in such situations.
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This should be a fun thread, again. ;)

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) giphy

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the less risky scenario is to develop a sticker to place on your vehicle if you would like to participate. Or develop a sign that lets others know it is okay, something like, wheels turned right, passenger visor down, driver visor up, and mirrors folded in.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dH
Hello everyone,

Terrific response to the concept of 'Squatching from many of you here on the forums. Now that the 6th generation Broncos are finally hitting the streets (I've been driving mine for a week or so now), it's clearly the time to start our own special Bronco traditions... and the enthusiasm is off the charts. In case you missed the other threads, the basic idea is to spread the fun and camaraderie of Bronco ownership in a similar vein to what the Jeep community does -- they call it "ducking." But instead of little yellow ducks, your Bronco is going to get a visit from a regular Sasquatch! Yours to keep and enjoy, or simply place on another Bronco owner's rig that you like.

We have some early challenges.

1. Mini Bigfoots/Sasquatches aren't cheap. Cheapest unit price is around $2/unit.
  2. Squatches in that price range are VERY small. Usually 1"-1.5" in height, easy to miss.
  3. The figurines we're reviewing tend not to be colorful, at least not yet, so they might be missed based on blending in, too.
  4. The figurines we're reviewing don't always easily stand on their own two feet. A little wind or vibration could topple them over... unlike the ducks.
Also, we need to produce a gloss laminate sticker for those who don't wish to be 'Squatched. To be respectful of those owners who simply can't stand for a little plastic Bigfoot to be placed anywhere on their vehicle (sigh) we will provide a sticker which can be ordered via Bronco6G and possibly other facebook venues. This is the best solution to avoid annoying folks who don't wish to receive respect and adoration for their beautiful vehicles, or be part of a special community of owners.

I'm tagging the following users who want in: NewBroncoOwner, who has graphic design experience, Stroopaloop, WerkedPerformance, Bronco72, Kmonty (who truly seems to be "all in!"), and BroncoAdventures, among others.

There are going to be two general categories of responses to this thread.

1) People who are excited about 'Squatching.
2) People who want to complain about 'Squatching.

Let's get it all out there. Don't like it? Don't want it? That's fine, we could use your input on the gloss laminate sticker design, something you'll be comfortable adhering to your vehicle as a form of opting out.

Like it? LOVE it? I'd love to find someone with 3D design skills who might be able to build our prototype 'Squatch. Also, the small paper notes ("You've been 'Squatched!") which will be attached to the figurines.

Hoping to get the conversation started. I'm sure there will be some negativity but this is a very young community and it's to be expected. We can grow from this!

Thanks!
Hmm, I'm a fearin' this could lead to rampant "You squatch my rig and I'll squatch your'n." episodes across our otherwise fine land.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This should be a fun thread, again. ;)

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) giphy
Community's gotta grow. Got a long way to go. We'll get there... and if we entertain you while we're at it, so be it. LOL!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or those who don’t want to apply a sticker to signal “don’t touch my stuff” can simply park their vehicle with freedom just like the other 7 billion people on Earth.
Without having to declare that they would rather not participate.
I don’t mind it.
I’ll smile about it and re-gift it.
But declaring others who don’t share your vision are obligated to notify everyone else is quite pontifical and obtuse.
Unasked for advice would be to not push that side of it, and instead “kill them with kindness”.
No one has jurisdiction over anyone else’s ride or some declaration that they should have to do anything other than park like a normal person.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or those who don’t want to apply a sticker to signal “don’t touch my stuff” can simply park their vehicle with freedom just like the other 7 billion people on Earth.
Without having to declare that they would rather not participate.
I don’t mind it.
I’ll smile about it and re-gift it.
But declaring others who don’t share your vision are obligated to notify everyone else is quite pontifical and obtuse.
Unasked for advice would be to not push that side of it, and instead “kill them with kindness”.
No one has jurisdiction over anyone else’s ride or some declaration that they should have to do anything other than park like a normal person.
Ah, good point! Thank you! There is absolutely no obligation required or implied. The sticker is completely optional. It's just for those who feel it's absolutely imperative not to get a visit from a tiny 'Squatch. "We still have something for you."

Look, we do understand that not everyone is going to want to be part of something unique and special. That's normal, it's a part of the human condition. But to that same point, those of us who enjoy the unique and special aspects of life aren't under any obligation not to do things to further that result, either. So this project will attempt to be as respectful and inclusive as possible while not being beaten down by the curmudgeonly aspects of modern society. Life can still be fun... hope you join us.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, good point! Thank you! There is absolutely no obligation required or implied. The sticker is completely optional. It's just for those who feel it's absolutely imperative not to get a visit from a tiny 'Squatch. "We still have something for you."

Look, we do understand that not everyone is going to want to be part of something unique and special. That's normal, it's a part of the human condition. But to that same point, those of us who enjoy the unique and special aspects of life aren't under any obligation not to do things to further that result, either. So this project will attempt to be as respectful and inclusive as possible while not being beaten down by the curmudgeonly aspects of modern society. Life can still be fun... hope you join us.
I do applaud your level of positivity and optimism. I do.
I just don’t think the majority shares your fervor, and a percentage are outright against it.
Again, advice would be to leave it refreshingly ambiguous and simply leave that breadcrumb out there for people to PM if interested.
then start a private chat only with those on board.
it would help keep your threads on topic, alive, and you wouldn’t get skewered out here in the open forum while trying to do something you view as positive.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve refrained from posting my (admittedly worthless) opinion previously, but seeing as this is the third thread about this,... might as well.

I appreciate what you’re trying to do in building a community/camaraderie thing. However if there are only 7 users “among others” that are on board from this entire forum, then it is never gonna take off.

I don’t even disagree with the premise. However that Bigfoot figurine you picked out in the first thread is an f’ing ugly (if not creepy) little SOB. I don’t want any amount of those things in my Bronco or my house. It would immediately get thrown away. I would much rather receive the rubber duck/horse/bronco thingie that @618TRVLWILD posted in your original thread.

Like others have said too, a Squatch is not inclusive of every Bronco and does not mean something to every owner. A Sasquatch package is not the pinnacle of Bronco to everyone. There are several people on this forum that the pinnacle and lineage of Bronco is a non-Squatch 2 door BD (or even base) with a stick.

My suggestion if you really want to do something like this, is do stickers. Work with the graphic artist, design a cool set of 5-10 stickers for people to collect. You put them under the wiper. People could easily throw them away with little waste since it’s just a small sticker, others could stick them on their bronco if they want, others like me would plaster them on the side of their Yeti’s. Stickers would be more versatile in both their designs and their uses than a plastic figurine.

Just my 2 pennies 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fine, everyone is getting one of these. But in all seriousness, a little kindness goes a long way.
Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) 2F97D208-F4FB-4344-87B2-31D81ACF0446