Sponsored

Tempered Glass Cover for 12 inch Sync4 display?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t use case so tempered glass is miracle for me. I drop it all the time. Glass breaks and replace w new tempered glass. Phone screen does not break ever. It’s $3 a piece. Changed the iPhone for me.
Mostly I’m worried about scratching than breaking - it gets cleaned w too coarse a fabric etc. or scratch when I’m putting something in the accessory shoe. Anyways just my take.
I'm absolutely brutal with my stuff. I don't intentionally treat my stuff rough, but it sure looks like it. Even with a case I'm always breaking my screen protectors. My hands are almost never clean when I'm out in the field so dirt gets on everything and scratches everything up.

Heck I've gouged (and I mean grand canyon gouge) a sapphire watch lens. Don't ask me how, but it happened somewhere at NTC... probably while OPFOR was trying to kill us, but who knows, it's all a blur.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much bigger was the the F150 one you returned? Thinking about trying to trim one with a glass cutter.
Prob inch or so too wide - can’t remember if was too long too. Couldn’t fit it in the plastic housing of the display.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bigger was the the F150 one you returned? Thinking about trying to trim one with a glass cutter.
Unfortunately on these types of tempered glass panels you can’t. They’re manufactured intentionally to be under internal stress (which protect from scratches / etc), but make them unable to be cut like normal glass.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Prob inch or so too wide - can’t remember if was too long too. Couldn’t fit it in the plastic housing of the display.
Ok so your picture is not deceiving my eyes. The F150 has a real 12" screen and the Bronco has a Subway Footlong screen. It looks like F150 has a lot of edge exposed where the Bronco may have the edge hidden under the dash? May just get the PET one for now, can trim with scissors.

Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trying to find one so I can remove the temp plastic and put on something to keep clean and scratch free.

I bought this one on Amazon that sounded right (12inch sync 4 that is for Ford F-150) thinking it would work but it’s larger than the screen on bronco.

Screen Protector Foils for 2021... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VRLSYC3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Anyone found one that fits yet? Might just be too early for demand to reach the manufacturers to make the right size?

image.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H2J4DRX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

plastic and not tempered glass but maybe it will work?

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands