First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the off road expo in Ontario California and there were several broncos there. I spent some time talking to the DV8 and their partner company ADD rep about their bumpers. I was told they have 3 front end designs and 2 rear coming. Price will be around $1000 each for DV8 and around $1800 for ADD. I was told these will work for those of us with lux package as it relocates the radar for adaptive cruise to be behind the plastic grill. The camera has minimal interference if you have a top mounted solenoid. They said they've tested everything and it all works. They should have availability starting just after SEMA as that's when they are showing everything. Below is two different designs.
Ford Bronco DV8 & ADD front bumper photos on Broncos at Off-Road Expo PXL_20211009_195125620

Ford Bronco DV8 & ADD front bumper photos on Broncos at Off-Road Expo PXL_20211009_195135393

Ford Bronco DV8 & ADD front bumper photos on Broncos at Off-Road Expo PXL_20211009_195318978

Ford Bronco DV8 & ADD front bumper photos on Broncos at Off-Road Expo PXL_20211009_195328098
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤢🤮 These were once tastefully designed Broncos and now look like high school kids got ahold of them with ridiculous bumpers and body colored beadlock rings.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mirus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first one just looks off. It’s too tall and too narrow.

Also, repositioning the front radar is a bit sketchy.
I'm a little concerned about that as well, but they said they did lots of tests with it and it's much safer to move it higher behind the grill then to move it forward to meet the front of the new bumper as that would through it off. We will see after it gets released.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The ADD one is nice!

OP
OP

Mirus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm a little concerned about that as well, but they said they did lots of tests with it and it's much safer to move it higher behind the grill then to move it forward to meet the front of the new bumper as that would through it off. We will see after it gets released.

I agree. The DV8 guy said they had modular one coming that looks more like the second one.

OP
OP

Mirus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ADD one is nice!
Only down side is that you would need to trim Factory skid plate to fit that one. They also have their own skid plate if you wanted to upgrade. The DV8 had factory metal skid still installed with no issues.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the off road expo in Ontario California and there were several broncos there. I spent some time talking to the DV8 and their partner company ADD rep about their bumpers. I was told they have 3 front end designs and 2 rear coming. Price will be around $1000 each for DV8 and around $1800 for ADD. I was told these will work for those of us with lux package as it relocates the radar for adaptive cruise to be behind the plastic grill. The camera has minimal interference if you have a top mounted solenoid. They said they've tested everything and it all works. They should have availability starting just after SEMA as that's when they are showing everything. Below is two different designs.
Ford Bronco DV8 & ADD front bumper photos on Broncos at Off-Road Expo PXL_20211009_195328098

See any neat rock sliders?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mirus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🤢🤮 These were once tastefully designed Broncos and now look like high school kids got ahold of them with ridiculous bumpers and body colored beadlock rings.
I'm sorry you see it that way. I come from the jeep world where the sheer amount of different customization is what draws people to the platform. Bronco will have this same culture as you can see already. While I might not care for some of the looks, I am so happy for the lots of options. What I don't want for mine is to look like everybody else's.

OP
OP

Mirus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry you see it that way. I come from the jeep world where the sheer amount of different customization is what draws people to the platform. Bronco will have this same culture as you can see already. While I might not care for some of the looks, I am so happy for the lots of options. What I don't want for mine is to look like everybody else's.
See any neat rock sliders?
I wasn't looking as closely to that, but I never saw any from what I did see. I imagine we'll see lots of options come out of SEMA.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I think that’s the thing that I least like about Bronco. I love the design from the factory and I like some of the simpler/cleaner upgrades, but I think it cheapens the brand to have people putting all of this junk on them.

Look at when Ford does a “concept” Bronco like the overland Area 51 bronco and the recent velocity blue black diamond. They have upgrades, are functional, but still have that clean factory look.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mirus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I think that’s the thing that I least like about Bronco. I love the design from the factory and I like some of the simpler/cleaner upgrades, but I think it cheapens the brand to have people putting all of this junk on them.

Look at when Ford does a “concept” Bronco like the overland Area 51 bronco and the recent velocity blue black diamond. They have upgrades, are functional, but still have that clean factory look.
You mean like the factory winch option that looks like a total after thought?
Sponsored