Rate MIC 2.0

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And did they fix the popping noise? Mine does this quite randomly and no word from the dealer about a replacement yet.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have only driven like 70mi

Quality is what I would expect. Panels are heavier than I expected. It rained last night, no drips inside. No popping sounds heard. No complaints, except for that little alignment pin I had to pull out.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Quality is what I would expect. Panels are heavier than I expected. It rained last night, no drips inside. No popping sounds heard. No complaints, except for that little alignment pin I had to pull out.
Are the seams sealed? Is there any snakeskin/honeycomb effect?

Sponsored

eMan

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

What the pin issue you talk about? And wonder if new MIC helped with road noise

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No leaks, no pops, no squeaks, and no shedding from the sound deadening liner. Rolled edges everywhere except the rear cap, but only minor sharp edges (won't cut skin). Two spots of snakeskin, both out of view and only visual. No signs of delam as of yet.

Last edited:

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some of my edges are finished, lots are not. No leaks or pops yet, knock on wood. I believe my dealer is ignoring the roof problem, simply qualifying it as a potential warranty issue down the road, as opposed to taking it seriously before it becomes a serious problem, potentially avoiding more of a headache down the line.

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, no honeycomb. No complaints.
Same here. Gave it a solid once over before I signed anything and agree with you. Looks good after 100 miles :) We'll see how she does in the MN winter though....

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Snakeskin is starting to show up in the B and C pillars. I have a 60/40 mix of cut vs rolled edges. The flange that gets bolted to the body is broken through on the passenger side from the rearmost bolt hole to the end of the flange. Oh, and I have a bit of a water leak above the driver's door that's coming out of the airbag and over the aux switches. Build date of 9/27. Yeah, it's great...

Edit 12/27: It pops, a lot.

Last edited:

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had my bronco for 6 days. It’s a dirt mountain bronco with whatever revised MIC top they did.

it’s trash.

Im sorry but I have no other way of describing it other than it’s trash.

In 6 days the top has:

1 - Began to show its snakeskin
2 - Has parts of the finish (or primer that they added) starting to come off
3 - 3 of the 4 panels seem to be slightly different shades of gray
4 - Has some SHARP edges

This top will absolutely need to be replaced again. It’s by far and away the worst part of the bronco. It’s actually pretty comical how piss poor the MIC top actually is. It’s BAD bad

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you’re from dirt mountain and waiting for a replacement you’ll be a little let down. I really think they only changed out the mid and front panels. They look fantastic. I haven’t heard any popping noise at all. The back cab looks like it is the MIC 1.0. The edges aren’t rolled like the fronts. So far no cardboard showing but I’m thinking it’s only a matter of time before it starts to delaminate. Also the only place I see slight snake skin is on the back side. If you’re just heading into production then you should be great

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have some edges that look sketchy. Also some snakeskin or honeycomb visible on the inside around the rear windows. I'll try to post up some pictures.

jmcl

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed in the top especially when compared to my Jeep Wrangler JL . The Bronco is everything I hoped for except for the top and I definitely did not want a soft top for my everyday driver. Looks like the front and rear sections are 1.0 and center section 2.0. You can clearly see the center section is a different color and is a little smoother. The back has a primer applied sticker on 8/26. I don't see any delamination or snake skin anywhere yet. I did not notice the difference in color at the dealer when I picked up. I also cut my finger on sharp edge removing the panel. I will definately be making a complaint if it helps. I am a dirt mountain mismatch and hopefully they now have it figured out

20211107_143435.jpg

20211107_143402.jpg

20211107_143916.jpg

20211107_143531.jpg
Sponsored