Sponsored

Reaching Out To Dealerships — Any advice, or feedback on the approach I now plan to take?

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not poll people on here from your area on who they have had good experience with purchasing their bronco or through the process thus far? Narrow it down to top 3, then do some basic online scouting.. who has good reviews, bad reviews (are people complaining about reasonable things or they just didn’t like a sales guy?), look at the good, bad and ugly and make an educated decision on who best you think you would feel comfortable working with.. then go “interview” them in person.. don’t tell them everything just play it cool, ask some basic questions, play dumb and see what they say.. your gut instinct should tell you who is the right dealer once going in.. but again, keep your cards close. They don’t need to know you have cash or how much you want this vehicle.. don’t give them ammunition to play on your emotions or your pocket book.

At the end of the day,as much as you want to find a solid dealer, it’s still a business transaction. You just want the least sleezy sales person in your corner. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look for one where they have a point person for special orders. Two of the larger dealerships in my market do this. You avoid a lot of idiots that way.

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bob, I wish you the best in your quest. But there are so many of us out there with reservations from the first week of launch and are not expecting them anywhere in the near future. We will all be reordering and waiting in line for the time stamp, constraint parts and allocation mess to work it’s way through in order for us to get our Broncos. At this point I may not even be able to get mine in 2022.
I pretty much know that I'm stepping in at the back of a very long line. And fumbling around, just to find the end of the line to join. I'm braced for a long wait, and hoping that the result will be well worth it. I knew, from the moment I decided I was going to try to get a Bronco, that doing so, especially getting the one that is right for me, is going to be an exercise in patience.

In the past when developing programs for work the vendors had a saying, “good, cheap, and fast; pick two.” Meaning that there was always a trade-off. I really want you to be able to get what you want at the price you want to pay for it. Just know that to get it more quickly you may have to step up and pay more for it.
Yes, I definitely hear that. I've accepted that “fast” is probably not going to happen. If an opportunity presents itself for me to get one faster, I might consider paying a bit more, or giving up some options I wanted, but I'm not really giving much thought or intent in that direction. This is probably the only new vehicle that I will ever buy in my entire life, probably the most expensive thing that I will ever buy, and I don't want to ruin it by being too hasty.

One thought would be is to check with these dealers on what mannequin units that they have and see if any match your desired build and see if they will cut you an acceptable deal on that one when it hits the six month time requirement. Good luck.
If such an option comes to my attention, I would certainly consider it. Assuming price is similar, I might consider it worth getting one with some months and some miles on it, in order to get it sooner.

PD63

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX - SOLD, 2023 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Possibly. I remember accompanying my parents, in 1988, as they were shopping for their second-ever new car; and observing different paths that the negotiations took.

At one dealership, the negations started at MSRP, and then the dealer just kept adding assorted fees and markups over that as the conversion went on, until my father walked out.

At another dealership, we were negotiating for a leftover last-year's model, a 1987 Topaz. The salesman started out by saying something like “If I could sell you this car for $5,000*, would you buy it?”, to which my father easily agreed, that yes, at that price, he would buy it. The salesman kept saying he'd have to go back to talk to the manager, then repeating the question with a somewhat higher price. My father walked out when the price got up to what the MSRP was of the current-year model.

Finally, we wound up at the same dealership at which my parents had bought their first new car, nineteen years earlier. My father had a price in mind, that he was hoping to negotiate down to on the 1988 Tempo being offered there. The dealer started out the negotiation by offering it at very close to that price. My father accepted, and the deal was closed. The salesman who sold them their first new car, a 1969 Falcon, remembered them, and the then-six-year-old kid they had in tow; that six-year-old now being a twenty-something-year-old man who was about to get his own very first car, that now very-well-worn Falcon as a hand-me-down.

* Not as unbelievably-low a price in 1988 as it seems by today's standards, but yes, it would have been a bargain, even for a leftover last-year's model.)
This story is why the Granger/Chapman/SAC debacle is happening. I went to my local dealer and test drove their Outer Banks and then was immediately was trying to be sold on a bare bones Big Bend for 15k over sticker. Instead i went home and found Chapman and put my reservation in with them. Immediately told what price I’ll have to pay and not trying to be sold on anything else. But now with the way things are unfolding who knows if the sale will be that easy if I have to find another dealer. If it comes down to it I will follow the same process but with Chapman Jeep and order a Rubicon

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We would take your order at MSRP. Feel free to email me at [email protected].

As for the steps, it's easy to remove the rock rails and add the steps, we just have to order them.
Assuming that my wife and I are there next Saturday or Sunday, will it be you, personally that we will be dealing with, or someone else?

Sponsored

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be a new order. I wasn't going to even think of starting the process until the money came in to pay for it. It came in recently, after orders closed for 2021, and before they opened for 2022.
Find a big volume dealer, due to new allocation formula. Your build is like mine Badlands 2.7 sasquatch mic tow, I'm a 7/14 0100 in AM and pushed to 22. You're gonna be 2023 or find a canceled order close to msrp. May get lucky finding a needle in a haystack

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well..........aren't we special !

Good luck,Bud.:ROFLMAO::LOL::love::sneaky::rolleyes:(y)

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A big shout out to the respondents to the most invidious post I’ve seen in a while.! The OP is serious although somewhat unorthodox in his approach. I read all the replies and counted 3 or 4 to be put in the "snarky" file. The OP received remarkably sound advise and it appears he may have landed a dealer as well. Good job guys.!

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A big shout out to the respondents to the most invidious post I’ve seen in a while.! The OP is serious although somewhat unorthodox in his approach. I read all the replies and counted 3 or 4 to be put in the "snarky" file. The OP received remarkably sound advise and it appears he may have landed a dealer as well. Good job guys.!
I do think I got a lot of good advice, here, and even most of the posts that were “snarky” seemed well-intentioned. I'm grateful for any help and support I've received.

My wife, @Seanette, just joined the forum, and I am tagging her here to draw her attention to this thread.
Sponsored