Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to pick my new Bronco to go with my 1978. Thanks @StephensAutoCenter for being easy to get a hold of, answering questions, and of course offering this deal. I will hopefully be making the trip in a couple of weeks. Build date just got moved up from Oct 25th to the 18th.

20210907_105230.jpg
I love that ‘78! I really wish I still had our old ‘82!
Sponsored

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The issue in my case is that the original OBX res was converted to a deferred OBX order despite the fact I had notified John that I wanted mine to be a BL. His response was that due to the volume, they were simply entering all as they originally were, and we'd be able to change it when the new order banks opened up. That made sense at the time b/c everyone assumed that price protection meant just that - in fact, Ford's language about price protection seemed geared toward saying that if you ordered in 21 and deferred to MY22, pricing would not increase for you, regardless of trim levels.

However, now Ford says you get a credit based on the amount of price increase for specific trims. OBX gives a credit of $250, whereas the BL increased $825. So my price increase for the BL is $575 (825 - 250). That's not a gigantic amount in the grand scheme, but it's not what was communicated, either. I could have wasted John's time by demanding he change my order in the system to a BL and I'd be good now, but the dealers and customers understood from Ford that the issue was whether you had an order in the system, not that the trim level mattered.

Chart stolen from another post:

1633728592041.png

As a community, when the ordering took place prior to March 19, there was no real talk about price protection. Price protection discussions were held much later. I deterred people from placing an actual order and staying 99 (what happens when a reservation is converted to the order banks by default) if they did not want/plan to take delivery of a MY21. There was no reason at that time to specify a build into the system knowing that the customer didn't want a MY21. It made no sense to do it. And, it was on the advice given through communications from Ford as they specifically stated (paraphrasing) "...if a customer doesn't want to take delivery of a MY21, 99 (defer) their order."

Much later, Ford mentions the price protection thing. Then, eventually on Oct 8, they detail it.

Sure, in hindsight, it would have been better to specify the exact Bronco each customer wanted, and then have the order 99'd (which I have to contact my Ford rep to make happen, we can't do it from the dealer's side of the ordering system). It is unfortunate that things have worked out the way they've worked out, however, without prior knowledge that things would go this route, we took the logical steps, with the information we had available, at the time of ordering (or deferring).

/john

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@StephensAutoCenter any speculation or insight on potential allocation numbers given the current allocation formula? If nothing changes it looks like Grainger is taking a good hit.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@StephensAutoCenter any speculation or insight on potential allocation numbers given the current allocation formula? If nothing changes it looks like Grainger is taking a good hit.

My speculation is, based on our previous reservation conversions, ordering, sales, three year history, etc. etc. that it may not be "that bad". Our reservations isn't anywhere near Grainger (from what I've gathered), although our Res number is probably higher than most, if not all of the other dealers in the Mid Atlantic region. That being the case, we're not so far out that an equilibrium cannot be had between reservation holders and delivered allocation units. Also consider this, we will have a small percentage of hold-outs for 2023, based on the mod tops, some folks don't want MIC or soft.

/john

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My speculation is, based on our previous reservation conversions, ordering, sales, three year history, etc. etc. that it may not be "that bad". Our reservations isn't anywhere near Grainger (from what I've gathered), although our Res number is probably higher than most, if not all of the other dealers in the Mid Atlantic region. That being the case, we're not so far out that an equilibrium cannot be had between reservation holders and delivered allocation units. Also consider this, we will have a small percentage of hold-outs for 2023, based on the mod tops, some folks don't want MIC or soft.

/john
Thank you so much. We all appreciate everything you guys are doing.

Will you be running down the list and contacting us later this week when order banks reopen or do we call you?

Sponsored
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you so much. We all appreciate everything you guys are doing.

Will you be running down the list and contacting us later this week when order banks reopen or do we call you?

I will be calling everyone in timestamp order and going over their specifications that are showing in the order banks vs. what the customer wants to make sure everything is correct and to give the customer the opportunity to modify the existing order. I can usually contact somewhere between 30 and 40 customers per day. If you miss my call, either give me a call or wait until the next half-day, either after noon for morning missed calls or the following morning for previous day evening calls and I will be calling again. If I don't make contact with you, I will guarantee I will try again. I circle back to every non-contact for multiple phone calls.

/john

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@StephensAutoCenter Really hope you guys see some trucks show up this week. I've been following various build week groups on here and it seems things are starting to show up at dealerships. I find it hard to believe there isn't a truck full ready to go at MAP given the numbers you guys have in reservations/orders. The odd thing is that I am seeing people with rail/convoy combos getting theirs delivered quicker than us who are simply just convoy. I'm going on two weeks now of my unit being built but sitting at MAP awaiting transportation.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

/john
Good to see a relatively positive take on that; I've been concerned for you guys. It seems almost like Ford is trying to punish dealers that offered a really good deal on the Bronco. Thank you for the update. Here's hoping it works out well for everyone.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be calling everyone in timestamp order and going over their specifications that are showing in the order banks vs. what the customer wants to make sure everything is correct and to give the customer the opportunity to modify the existing order. I can usually contact somewhere between 30 and 40 customers per day. If you miss my call, either give me a call or wait until the next half-day, either after noon for morning missed calls or the following morning for previous day evening calls and I will be calling again. If I don't make contact with you, I will guarantee I will try again. I circle back to every non-contact for multiple phone calls.

/john
Thanks! I'm completely changing our trim and options, wanted to make sure I got changes in before scheduling begins.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@StephensAutoCenter Really hope you guys see some trucks show up this week. I've been following various build week groups on here and it seems things are starting to show up at dealerships. I find it hard to believe there isn't a truck full ready to go at MAP given the numbers you guys have in reservations/orders. The odd thing is that I am seeing people with rail/convoy combos getting theirs delivered quicker than us who are simply just convoy. I'm going on two weeks now of my unit being built but sitting at MAP awaiting transportation.

We do have several stock orders that are making their way through the system.

As for the wait times on shipment, there's limited numbers of truck drivers and it appears that rail is running as always. Drive it to the rail depot, ship it vs. take 8 or so on a truck at a time on a 7 hour tour of Ohio and WV :)

/john

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We do have several stock orders that are making their way through the system.

As for the wait times on shipment, there's limited numbers of truck drivers and it appears that rail is running as always. Drive it to the rail depot, ship it vs. take 8 or so on a truck at a time on a 7 hour tour of Ohio and WV :)

/john
Don't these truck drivers know how gorgeous WV is during the fall?

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection 1633962215519

My GF and I are SO excited to visit you guys in Danville... we are just getting antsy as we know it can happen at any moment. ;)

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
John, is the number on the email communications from you the number you'll be calling from?

I'd like to make sure I have it programmed in so I don't think you're a Junk/robot caller!

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

John, is the number on the email communications from you the number you'll be calling from?

I'd like to make sure I have it programmed in so I don't think you're a Junk/robot caller!

It will be a 304-369 number, I can't guarantee the last 4.

/john

MZBHAVN

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor, 2016 JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

/john
John, is there any known constraints that would be a holdup (beside the hardtop that we are sticking with) …We want to stick with what we have on Order but if dropping the tow pkg really do anything we could probably live without that. Of course we have to switch from AMB and will probably go green.
Sponsored