First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last Thursday I picked up my new A51 Badlands in Carson City, at Capital Ford. They were great to work with. Definitely use them if you’re in the area.

From the moment I saw it, I was more than happy. After getting behind the wheel, you couldn’t get the smile off my face. This Bronco will be my at home and weekend vehicle. I bought this to get me back out shooting photography again, after taking a 2 1/2 year break.

Two and a half years ago my golden retriever “Big Max” came down with Laryngeal Paralysis, and a tumor on his larynx (with a 3% survival rate). Well, he survived the tumor and it was up to me to make his life the best it could be with Laryngeal Paralysis. It took most and eventually all of my free time. I canceled plans for traveling and stopped my photography and dedicated my time to his health until he passed over a year ago. Before his illness, Big Max went with me on more than half of my photo shoots you can see here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1and0hound/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1and0hound/albums/72157629034037105

Fast forward, I got a new boy named Samson (aka Sammy), but my heart just wasn’t into going out to shoot again. This Sunday morning I woke up and had an urge to pack up the Bronco (AKA Sammys Bronco) and Sammy. We headed out of Tahoe onto 395 scenic route to asses the Eastern Sierra fall colors. We took a turn to Summers Meadow. Never been there before, but it was a gravel road, that led to rocky road several miles. Boy, was it fun traveling in that Badlands at full speed. Then having to put it in 4A as things got steeper and rockier. I was nervous and thought I was going to put new pin striping along as the road got more narrow. Im scheduled for Off Rodeo in Nevada Oct 30th, because I don’t know squat about off roading.

What happened today is that between the Bronco and my new boy Sammy, it clicked! Im now going to be adventuring out like I used to, during my off time. It’s not about the picture you take and hang on the wall, or sell, it’s about being there at that moment you’re taking the pictures and seeing it with your own eyes.

Thank you Ford, for making the best vehicle I could want, for getting me to new places, to experience and capture. Bronco is worth the wait!!!

I left my professional cameras at home for this scouting mission and used my iPhone.

Edit: Max was adopted at 3. He did live a wonderful life, over 15 1/2 years old. I couldn’t ask for more.

4880A834-BE02-4E89-8C82-C554B5425E84.jpeg

A2765836-E049-44DD-ADE2-243306565F9F.jpeg

000F8E26-CDB7-42A9-B444-FB2C483D8979.jpeg

65227152-9C20-4791-8676-8172177CD203.jpeg

59D0F497-B0EC-4BDD-8451-33AF9E76DF47.jpeg

F2842EAE-B027-4B69-9EB2-8026F50F94A6.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MWCK35

Outer Banks
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not me crying on a Monday morning at work. :cry:

I am so sorry about Big Max. As a Golden owner myself, this touches my heart. You have a gift though - truly. Your pictures are beautiful and I am so glad that Sammy and your new Bronco are helping you find that spark again.

I hope you and Sammy have an amazing time on your adventures to come!

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Approve… my screen name is a shout out to my 3 legged bullmastiff Bruno and that will be my Bronc’s name. Simple as that.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last Thursday I picked up my new A51 Badlands in Carson City, at Capital Ford. They were great to work with. Definitely use them if you’re in the area.

From the moment I saw it, I was more than happy. After getting behind the wheel, you couldn’t get the smile off my face. This Bronco will be my at home and weekend vehicle. I bought this to get me back out shooting photography again, after taking a 2 1/2 year break.

Two and a half years ago my golden retriever “Big Max” came down with Laryngeal Paralysis, and a tumor on his larynx (with a 3% survival rate). Well, he survived the tumor and it was up to me to make his life the best it could be with Laryngeal Paralysis. It took most and eventually all of my free time. I canceled plans for traveling and stopped my photography and dedicated my time to his health until he passed over a year ago. Before his illness, Big Max went with me on more than half of my photo shoots you can see here.

Fast forward, I got a new boy named Samson (aka Sammy), but my heart just wasn’t into going out to shoot again. This Sunday morning I woke up and had an urge to pack up the Bronco (AKA Sammys Bronco) and Sammy. We headed out of Tahoe onto 395 scenic route to asses the Eastern Sierra fall colors. We took a turn to Summers Meadow. Never been there before, but it was a gravel road, that led to rocky road several miles. Boy, was it fun traveling in that Badlands at full speed. Then having to put it in 4A as things got steeper and rockier. I was nervous and thought I was going to put new pin striping along as the road got more narrow. Im scheduled for Off Rodeo in Nevada Oct 30th, because I don’t know squat about off roading.

What happened today is that between the Bronco and my new boy Sammy, it clicked! Im now going to be adventuring out like I used to, during my off time. It’s not about the picture you take and hang on the wall, or sell, it’s about being there at that moment you’re taking the pictures and seeing it with your own eyes.

Thank you Ford, for making the best vehicle I could want, for getting me to new places, to experience and capture. Bronco is worth the wait!!!

I left my professional cameras at home for this scouting mission and used my iPhone.

Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! F2842EAE-B027-4B69-9EB2-8026F50F94A6

Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! F2842EAE-B027-4B69-9EB2-8026F50F94A6

Great story awsome dog and bronco congrays

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Approve… my screen name is a shout out to my 3 legged bullmastiff Bruno and that will be my Bronc’s name. Simple as that.
That is awesome! Three strong legs and I bet Bruno doesn’t know the difference. Dogs are the best!

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not me crying on a Monday morning at work. :cry:

I am so sorry about Big Max. As a Golden owner myself, this touches my heart. You have a gift though - truly. Your pictures are beautiful and I am so glad that Sammy and your new Bronco are helping you find that spark again.

I hope you and Sammy have an amazing time on your adventures to come!
Thank you for the kind words! I love Goldens and miss mine everyday there is, sometimes multiple times a day. Sorry for the tears. They are contagious. Have yourself a good morning.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am holding off on getting a puppy before my Bronco, because I fear the dog would pass from old age before my Bronco arrived. Enjoy your pooch and ride.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! 9E9ABECC-0E5B-4883-9D0D-59BE932C71D0

Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! 9E9ABECC-0E5B-4883-9D0D-59BE932C71D0

I’m not crying you’re crying. For Chance.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are few things as heartbreaking as losing a great dog buddy,just know you gave him the best life he could have!
Enjoy sammy and see you on the trails i go to the nevada event just before you.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

congratulations and have a great time with your camera!
I picked mine up at Walnut Creek Ford on Friday (also top experience with them, zero games, great deal and quick buying process). I also bought this as my adventure mobile, dust off my camera gear and get out and exploring again after a longer hiatus.
I've driven more over the weekend than I have in the last couple of months and I still can't wipe the grin off my face 🙃

I hoping to fit in a trip to the sierras before the snow comes Love the Hope Valley area up there and so much more to explore.

Hopefully more and more people will get their Broncos, it's worth the wait for sure. I'm heading out for mini adventure #3 a bit later today :)

Keep sharing photos from your adventures!
Sponsored