Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am pretty sure that is for people who is reserving now after the first 70000+ reservations are already prioritized for build. Even with downsizing for Covid, Ford should be more than able to accomplish then reservations by spring time next year. Guess we will see, if 2021 rolls around and our orders are not being processed then we will know.

It only takes about 3-4 weeks to build a car and that is conservative with all the bureaucracy and lunch breaks factored in.
if it really takes 4 weeks to build a car i think it may take ford bout 5,000 years to build all the reservations...
Sponsored

Wrongco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if it really takes 4 weeks to build a car i think it may take ford bout 5,000 years to build all the reservations...

Well Im talking once your commission number is queued up and all. It does not physically take 4 weeks.

BPN_PNW

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed! The delay only puts me in better position to include more add-ons while increasing down payment
Agree with this also. Extra time to save for more downpayment, less financing. Just need a little more time til December to lock into what features I'm getting and how much Bronco I can stuff in my garage... :cool:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It only takes about 3-4 weeks to build a car and that is conservative with all the bureaucracy and lunch breaks factored in.
It takes less than a day

edit:
Well Im talking once your commission number is queued up and all. It does not physically take 4 weeks.
Ah, gotcha (y)

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now Delay.... What’s going on with this car? Broken promises, non production interiors, lifts with 37 tires we can’t buy stock. Is this car all smoke and mirrors?
Which promises were broken? Of course it has non production interiors. Pretty much every manufacturer shows off non production parts prior to actually building vehicles. I'd be willing to bet that the lift with 37" tires is to showcase that with a factory 2" lift you could fit 37" tires. Or it could be "hey look how your Bronco could look with just a few mods", and I bet those doors are one of the 300+ accessories you can get.

Standard marketing practices? Sure. Do I want a manual transmission with the 2.7? Hell yeah. Smoke and mirrors and broken promises? I don't think so. In regards to the delay, there is this thing called COVID-19 that has pretty much screwed everything up, including automotive industry timelines. Regardless of your personal views on this pandemic, Ford has to show its employees that it cares about their health and well being while trying to meet demand. It's a tough position to be in.

This will be a badass vehicle. It won't be perfect for everyone, but it'll be awesome for alot of people.

*steps off of soapbox*

Sorry, I understand your frustrations but we've all got to live through this and just try to make the best of it.

gsides1

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The way I see it is I just have more time for a bigger down payment. So I'm probably the only one happy about this lol
Nope, not the only one, lol! As long as I get one, I can wait a little while if I have to. If we REALLY want one, we don’t have much choice, right?

Last edited:

Austin_Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Viper GTS, '11 WRX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder how this impacts the "late addition" color of velocity blue. Does that date push back too or will that make it available with the initial deliveries?

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets be honest......most people in this forum will probably wait for 2022 delivery because some have been following the news for a few years anyways.....whats a couple more? :p

But in reality, we don't generally represent the "normal" person looking for an SUV in 2020/2021 who might have been willing and able to throw money at Ford for the Bronco.....when those folks realize that delivery is in 2022 (for those that did not reserve early), I could only assume that most of them might not be willing to wait and competitors will definitely take advantage of that in a number of ways which will in turn mean loss business to Ford.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before everyone starts looking at the competition due to longer and longer delivery times, why not go ahead and order a Bronco Sport now? Then you can trade it in on the 2/4 door when it arrives.
As soon as it became apparent Bronco wouldn’t be here until 2021 I bought my Jeep. Was definitely the right choice.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As soon as it became apparent Bronco wouldn’t be here until 2021 I bought my Jeep. Was definitely the right choice.
Indeed. Fortunately Jeep has and continues to make real live Wranglers for real live people to enjoy.
Sponsored