Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss and congrats on picking up the camera again.

Looks like you are on 33s, did they perform well on your trip? Also what size engine did you go with and how did it handle the elevation?
Sponsored

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome stuff! I'm in Reno, and have purchased many vehicles from Capital Ford as well as used their service department. It's a great dealership all around. Unfortunately, they wouldn't honor x-plan, so we moved our reservation to another dealership that would honor it. Our 4 door Badlands Sasquatch in Velocity Blue has been built and shipped, and will arrive at the dealership in a couple of weeks. So excited!

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Damn thunder, that's a proper story. I'm real sorry about Big Max. Nothing fills the hole a good dog leaves in your heart. But, I'm happy you found Sam. That's a gorgeous Bronco. Now go make new memories.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Oneand0 - Man, this story hits too close to home. I found out last Thursday that my Bronco was at the dealer and would be ready for pickup on Saturday. On Friday, my dog started acting weird and I got an emergency vet appointment. The vet could tell that he had an advanced case of lymphoma, and was running a really high fever. (He's 8 1/2 years old). We admitted him to the ER where they tried to get the fever down. He was there while we went to pick up the Bronco on Saturday. He was able to come home on Sunday while we tried to get in to see a canine oncologist. One of my dreams for the Bronco was to get to take him on a ride with the doors off and the top down. Going for rides with the window down has always been one of his favorite things. He's actually seeming better now and starting chemo today. As long as his quality of life is good we'll keep going with it. This is him on Sunday once he got out of the ER.

Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! chili_1

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Beautiful pics and story!! You’ve inspired me to make that drive when my bronco arrives. Will have my son and golden retriever on board too ❤

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goldens and Broncos are like peas and carrots! Sorry to hear about Big Max but what a great life at 15 1/2! ’Savvy’ here is almost 9 and is slowing down but anyone who’s ever been around a golden knows how much they‘re a special part of the family. And you’re their world. Glad to see that you and Sammy found each other. Enjoy the Bronco it’s awesome!

A41AC2D2-1C3D-4662-8A53-2A7AA3A3CC3C.jpeg

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss and congrats on picking up the camera again.

Looks like you are on 33s, did they perform well on your trip? Also what size engine did you go with and how did it handle the elevation?
You’re welcome and thank you for the condolences.

Yes 33”s. I didn’t have to go over any large rocks just smaller ones and divots, and on gravel even and uneven at high speed they performed great. Didn’t have to use lockers for anything yet.

2.3 Engine. This is different person to person. I don’t drive fast, mainly due to my boy being in the back and I would hate for an animal, or car to come into my path, and I don’t want to get any tickets. That being said, for my type of driving and at the 8k elevation Sunday, it performed more than enough for me. When he has not been in the vehicle, I had no problem passing in normal driving situations in the Tahoe basin 6k elevation, or going over the mountain into the next city over, none whatsoever.

I was worried about the 2.3 while waiting for my vehicle. Since I don’t tow, now I know I would have been wasting my money, because I’m more than happy with it. I did not order the 2.7 due to rolling the dice in hopes of getting my Bronco sooner. I was told the dealership had 90 allocations and mine last week, was the 5th one to come in. I did have a day one reservation at 7:30 pm PST.

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome stuff! I'm in Reno, and have purchased many vehicles from Capital Ford as well as used their service department. It's a great dealership all around. Unfortunately, they wouldn't honor x-plan, so we moved our reservation to another dealership that would honor it. Our 4 door Badlands Sasquatch in Velocity Blue has been built and shipped, and will arrive at the dealership in a couple of weeks. So excited!
Congratulations on being closer to getting it. It seems the closer you know it’s almost here, time just drags. Have fun!

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Oneand0 - Man, this story hits too close to home. I found out last Thursday that my Bronco was at the dealer and would be ready for pickup on Saturday. On Friday, my dog started acting weird and I got an emergency vet appointment. The vet could tell that he had an advanced case of lymphoma, and was running a really high fever. (He's 8 1/2 years old). We admitted him to the ER where they tried to get the fever down. He was there while we went to pick up the Bronco on Saturday. He was able to come home on Sunday while we tried to get in to see a canine oncologist. One of my dreams for the Bronco was to get to take him on a ride with the doors off and the top down. Going for rides with the window down has always been one of his favorite things. He's actually seeming better now and starting chemo today. As long as his quality of life is good we'll keep going with it. This is him on Sunday once he got out of the ER.

Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! A41AC2D2-1C3D-4662-8A53-2A7AA3A3CC3C
Still young! I’m sorry what you are going through! He’s a good looking dog and I’m sure loves spending every minute with you. He’s lucky to have you and the care he’s getting. Right on about the quality of life. Im hoping his treatments do him well, and he gets a ton of rides with you in it.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last Thursday I picked up my new A51 Badlands in Carson City, at Capital Ford. They were great to work with. Definitely use them if you’re in the area.

From the moment I saw it, I was more than happy. After getting behind the wheel, you couldn’t get the smile off my face. This Bronco will be my at home and weekend vehicle. I bought this to get me back out shooting photography again, after taking a 2 1/2 year break.

Two and a half years ago my golden retriever “Big Max” came down with Laryngeal Paralysis, and a tumor on his larynx (with a 3% survival rate). Well, he survived the tumor and it was up to me to make his life the best it could be with Laryngeal Paralysis. It took most and eventually all of my free time. I canceled plans for traveling and stopped my photography and dedicated my time to his health until he passed over a year ago. Before his illness, Big Max went with me on more than half of my photo shoots you can see here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1and0hound/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1and0hound/albums/72157629034037105

Fast forward, I got a new boy named Samson (aka Sammy), but my heart just wasn’t into going out to shoot again. This Sunday morning I woke up and had an urge to pack up the Bronco (AKA Sammys Bronco) and Sammy. We headed out of Tahoe onto 395 scenic route to asses the Eastern Sierra fall colors. We took a turn to Summers Meadow. Never been there before, but it was a gravel road, that led to rocky road several miles. Boy, was it fun traveling in that Badlands at full speed. Then having to put it in 4A as things got steeper and rockier. I was nervous and thought I was going to put new pin striping along as the road got more narrow. Im scheduled for Off Rodeo in Nevada Oct 30th, because I don’t know squat about off roading.

What happened today is that between the Bronco and my new boy Sammy, it clicked! Im now going to be adventuring out like I used to, during my off time. It’s not about the picture you take and hang on the wall, or sell, it’s about being there at that moment you’re taking the pictures and seeing it with your own eyes.

Thank you Ford, for making the best vehicle I could want, for getting me to new places, to experience and capture. Bronco is worth the wait!!!

I left my professional cameras at home for this scouting mission and used my iPhone.

Edit: Max was adopted at 3. He did live a wonderful life, over 15 1/2 years old. I couldn’t ask for more.

Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! A41AC2D2-1C3D-4662-8A53-2A7AA3A3CC3C

Yea, bro. You need to get back out there. Great pictures, your exposures look right on. That's not easy.

Sponsored

BroncoRN

Badlands
First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Range Rover & Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if I am tired from working my challenging shifts at the hospital this past week or if it's your eloquent way of detailing your life over the past few years, but I couldn't help but cry after reading your post. I LOVE dog people, and I think you are an amazing guy. Your dogs are so lucky to have you, and I know you feel the same about them, too. It is so cool how we never know where life will take us, yet somehow we always end up where we are supposed to be. Enjoy your rekindled passion and your new life full of adventures ahead!

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if I am tired from working my challenging shifts at the hospital this past week or if it's your eloquent way of detailing your life over the past few years, but I couldn't help but cry after reading your post. I LOVE dog people, and I think you are an amazing guy. Your dogs are so lucky to have you, and I know you feel the same about them, too. It is so cool how we never know where life will take us, yet somehow we always end up where we are supposed to be. Enjoy your rekindled passion and your new life full of adventures ahead!
Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for the work that you do, I know how things must have changed for you in 2020 at work. My sister has been working hard too, at her hospital.
Sponsored