Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry, it blows my mind that folks are ignoring what is right there in front of you. The post you're quoting from was from 2020, right from the beginning. So, this quote is from the beginning.

"Dealer allocation will depend on a retailer's market size, previous SUV sales performance, the number of reservations tied to their store and competitive off-road registrations in their market, LaNeve said."

So, nothing has changed. FROM THE BEGINNING, Ford said the allocation would be tied to market size and previous sales, as well as Bronco orders. You and others keep saying that Ford changed the allocation system, and they didn't. The best evidence is right in the quote that YOU posted. Again, you keep arguing with me, and every post you make supports my point. So, what are we actually discussing?
And with your post, "The best evidence is right in the quote that YOU posted."

"Dealer allocation will depend on a retailer's market size, previous SUV sales performance, the number of reservations tied to their store and competitive off-road registrations in their market, LaNeve said."

1.) 25% of the new 2022 formula is tied to specifically "Bronco Sport" sales, not "previous SUV" sales as stated in your reposted quote of the description of the 2021 allocation formula.

2.) The "number of reservations tied to their store" is all but completely gone from the new formula.

3.) And "competitive off-road registrations in their market" the extra allocations that were funnelled toward areas of the country with lots of Jeep owners, is also no longer part of the formula.

It looks to me like the quote you reposted shows exact evidence that the allocation formula has changed drastically for 2022.

Now, add to that...

I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service. The woman I spoke with is going to have a meeting with her supervisor because they have been told to tell us that all the reservations will be filled in 2022 AND that people who converted reservations to orders in 2021 but got pushed to 2022 would get their Broncos built first before newly converted 2022 orders. (Accounting for commodity constraints of course.)

They will also be looking at what Mr. Levine has been tweeting these last few days since it seems to contradict what they were told to say.šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
75 percent" of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to sales,... simple 75% of the deposits will be converted to sale.... here is my 100.00.... here is my order.... now I wait for it to be built.... or I want my deposit back don't build it.... now you are the 25% no build... no sale... At this time Sept.2020 they had 165,000 deposits... there had been no sales because they had not been built..... he is talking about the deposits on orders not the delivered sales of Broncos.... which I think ended up being about 125,000 converted orders not delivery of Broncos...
So your saying they planned on taking 75% of deposits and turning them into sales for 2021 without giving anyone their bronco? My guess if you make a sale of a 2021 bronco you should get the damn thing before 2022. Am I wrong with that assumption? Then the 25% left would be converted to sales in 2022 and I would guess they would take delivery before 2023? You donā€™t think they just planned on sitting on sales without delivering the product do you?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called FORD to make my reservation, NOT the dealer. I placed my order with the dealer. My local dealer, that you say I should have used, did not know their ass from a whole in the ground. Luckily I could see this and moved to an awesome dealer. People ARE bothered by the BAD dealers.
I suggest taking another look at the reservation faq.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I read this as an issue with the hard tops, mic or otherwise. So those reservations holders will have a delay because of the hard top. You want it earlier order the soft top.

This has nothing to do with Fords recent allocation debacle of trying to screw all reservation holders that aren't at the dealers they're in bed with.
That's exactly what it was. But when you tell your kid you can't take them to the ice cream shop because it's raining, and it stops raining, you pray they forget they wanted ice cream

Ford covered themselves here with that June email

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So your saying they planned on taking 75% of deposits and turning them into sales for 2021 without giving anyone their bronco? My guess if you make a sale of a 2021 bronco you should get the damn thing before 2022. Am I wrong with that assumption? Then the 25% left would be converted to sales in 2022 and I would guess they would take delivery before 2023? You donā€™t think they just planned on sitting on sales without delivering the product do you?
When this was written there was no sales just deposits.... you could not even order before Dec.... Read this....Make sure you read the disclaimer at the end

Dec 15, 2020
Ford just updated the Bronco FAQ page (here) with some more info.

Reservation FAQs

Will my configuration from Build & Price be sent to my dealer?

No. Bronco reservation holders should use the Build & Price tool to support their upcoming order consultation. Recommend printing and saving a copy to share with your dealer during ordering process.

What is a reservation?

A reservation lets you be among the first to order a new Bronco from Ford with a refundable Reservation Deposit. It is not an actual order and does not guarantee delivery.

What steps are required to complete my reservation?

Go online and select your preferred configuration, create a Ford Account, select your preferred dealer and enter your credit/debit card details and address. A confirmation receipt will be sent to the email address you provide. *

What is a Ford Account and why do I need one?

A Ford Account lets you sign in to the Ford website to save and manage your personal and reservation information. You need to create a Ford Account to reserve your Bronco. Reservations can also be tracked in your Ford Account at owner.ford.com/. *

How much will it cost to reserve a Bronco?

Reservations cost $100 for each model.

Is the $100 reservation fee refundable?

Yes, reservation fees are refunded with reservation cancellation.

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received using timestamp, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

When will customers be able to convert their reservations to order?

Order conversion process will now begin in mid-January and run thru March 19, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order.

Can I select any Ford Dealer?

Only Ford Dealers that are eligible and have activated online reservations can be selected. The eligible dealers will be provided based on your ZIP code, or you can enter the name of your preferred Ford Dealer and be matched to them.

Will you share my reservation information with my dealer?

Your reservation information will be shared with the dealer you select at the time of reservation. Please see our privacy policy at ford.com/help/privacy for additional information.*

Can I make changes to my reservation?

You will be able to make changes and complete your Bronco configuration at the time you place your order.* The order conversion process will now begin in mid-January and run through March 19, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order.

Can I cancel my reservation?

Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund.* You can do this in your account at ford.com. If for some reason you canā€™t process the cancellation online, you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). After canceling, allow seven to 10 business days for the reservation deposit to be credited to your original form of payment. Once you progress from a reservation to an order with a dealer, however, cancellation requests would be at that dealerā€™s discretion.

What happens to the reservation deposit once I order?

See your dealer for details. The reservation deposit should be credited or refunded based on customer preference.

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?

Bronco deliveries begin summer 2021 and will extend through 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. Actual delivery times will vary based on reservation timestamp, vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive. In May 2021 you will receive an estimated delivery window based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?

No. The purchase agreement will be between you and the dealer, not you and Ford.

Can I make additional reservations and can I transfer my reservation?

Up to two reservations per account. Your reservation number is assigned to you, but can be transferred to a member of your household at time of order placement.

What happens if my order is not built in 21MY?

Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection through March 19, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

I already changed my dealer once, can I update my dealer selection again?

Yes. Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection through March 19, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

Is the 2021 Bronco two-and four-door launch delayed into Summer? What happened to ā€œSpring 2021ā€?

Yes, given the COVID-19 pandemic, customer deliveries of the new Bronco will now begin next summer.

I thought the order conversions were beginning in December. Now I understand itā€™s mid-January, meaning customer orders will be even later. Why the delay? And will it delay vehicle deliveries?

Given the COVID-19 pandemic, Bronco ordering will now start in mid-January, with customer deliveries now starting next summer.

Will orders be built in the order that reservations were received?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. Due to the high number of Bronco two-door and four-door reservations, deliveries will extend into the 2022 calendar year.

Will I be able to convert my reservation to order on Ford.com?

No. Process of placing your formal order is handled by your selected dealer. Your Ford Dealer will begin reaching out to you in mid-January to schedule an order consultation and take your order.

DISCLAIMER:

*By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle.

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not going after any specific dealers. There's more than just one.

If you can assume they did, and blame Ford, I can assume they didn't, and blame them. Since we're all just assuming.

But there's more signs pointing to they didn't. And it looks like other's have been able to produce proof that Ford stated in Sept 2020 that allocations mattered. So based on the information I have, I can't help but look in the direction of the dealer...
Allocations, time stamp, amount of SUVā€™s sold and amount of reservations all played a roll. How much weight did they have percentage wise I havenā€™t the foggiest and I donā€™t think Ford was to upfront with that either. Granger had 200 allocations for 2021. The are supposedly being cut almost by half but who knows till itā€™s all said and done for 2022. I would think as a business stand point ford should at least keep it at 200 but I donā€™t run their business. I donā€™t believe they should get every bronco first either. I do believe they should take care of everyoneā€™s reservation as close to time stamp as they can without costing Ford extra money.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, you are making my point. While reservations were already open, orders were not open. So, when the dealers that chose to market at below invoice made their decisions, and started to take orders, the allocation information was out there. And, yes, it was said from the beginning that all Bronco orders would not be able to be fulfilled in 2021. 75% is an estimate with info available at that time. Things happened, it just is what it is. It is a fact that dealers who chose to market way below invoice knew that their allocations would be tied to previous sales and market size. They knew it! They chose to take a chance on orders being filled outside of the allocation. They took a chance.
It was also tied to the amount of reservations and time stamp not just allocations and sales. You conveniently leave that part out.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And with your post, "The best evidence is right in the quote that YOU posted."

1.) 25% of the new 2022 formula is tied to specifically "Bronco Sport" sales, not "previous SUV" sales as stated in your reposted quote of the description of the 2021 allocation formula.

2.) The "number of reservations tied to their store" is all but completely gone from the new formula.

3.) And "competitive off-road registrations in their market" the extra allocations that were funnelled toward areas of the country with lots of Jeep owners, is also no longer part of the formula.

It looks to me like the quote you reposted shows exact evidence that the allocation formula has changed drastically for 2022.

Now, add to that...

I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service. The woman I spoke with is going to have a meeting with her supervisor because they have been told to tell us that all the reservations will be filled in 2022 AND that people who converted reservations to orders in 2021 but got pushed to 2022 would get their Broncos built first before newly converted 2022 orders. (Accounting for commodity constraints of course.)

They will also be looking at what Mr. Levine has been tweeting these last few days since it seems to contradict what they were told to say.šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Well Tricia, it looks to me like with Ford, as most large companies, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Maybe, just maybe, in this case the old saying will show true. The squeakiest wheel could just get the most grease. Good for you my friend, stay on 'em.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I read this as an issue with the hard tops, mic or otherwise. So those reservations holders will have a delay because of the hard top. You want it earlier order the soft top.

This has nothing to do with Fords recent allocation debacle of trying to screw all reservation holders that aren't at the dealers they're in bed with.
Dec 2020.....

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received using timestamp, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But what, from what Ford has said, made them think they'd get 1000's of allocations? From what I'm reading. Nothing... They probably should've cut themselves off at some point.

as the saying goes "pigs get slaughtered".
Post below sums up pretty well

Allocations, time stamp, amount of SUVā€™s sold and amount of reservations all played a roll. How much weight did they have percentage wise I havenā€™t the foggiest and I donā€™t think Ford was to upfront with that either. Granger had 200 allocations for 2021. The are supposedly being cut almost by half but who knows till itā€™s all said and done for 2022. I would think as a business stand point ford should at least keep it at 200 but I donā€™t run their business. I donā€™t believe they should get every bronco first either. I do believe they should take care of everyoneā€™s reservation as close to time stamp as they can without costing Ford extra money.
As I have said many times, you can only go off of what you know when you know it. And again at least in grangers case, they have been up front and clear that allocations will play a roll. I don't recall them ever saying for sure you will get your vehicle on or by x date.

Sponsored

PITTGT3

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few Italian, a few German
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ehhh. Whatever. This whole thing has been an absolute fiasco.

I'm out. I trusted Ford with the "reservation" aspect. My mistake.
Turned out to be a simple revenue generator for dealers. Never again will I fall for the same trap.
I'll be happy, at this point, to just get my $100 back.

Enjoy the ride guys and gals.

Last edited:

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ehhh. Whatever. This whole thing has been an absolute fiasco.
Mark LeNeve is in charge of the marketing at Ford? Tells me all I need to know about Ford.

I'm out. I trusted Ford with the "reservation" aspect. My mistake.
Turned out to be a simple revenue generator for dealers. Never again will I fall for the same trap.
I'll be happy, at this point, to just get my $100 back.

Enjoy the ride guys and gals.

DISCLAIMER:

*By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with you, which I understand is the minority viewpoint.

A few dealers actively sought to steer traffic away from local dealers by offering insanely great deals, deals that were completely unnecessary given the market conditions and the sought-after nature of the Bronco. It almost made no sense for them to do so given that so many people were willing to pay full price, and some well above full-price for a vehicle they were selling for % points below invoice. This was also done in a very public way, all over this and other forums. I respect the hustle.

As a consumer, I am fine with prices being lower. From a corporate perspective, I wouldn't want a few dealers driving the price (value) of my new, well sought after, vehicle down. From a dealership perspective, dealers shouldn't actively poach sales away from other dealers.

All this said, Ford should honor the commitments made to those who placed orders already...they need to be taken care of.

For those who are only reservation holders, but not order holder, I don't think Ford owes those people anything at this time.

As for pricing, Ford has not done a good job at communicating this. Ford has communicated "Price Locks at MSRP", but then has allowed dealers to take on some insanely high fees (ADM). This needs to stop ASAP. People who started this journey with a price expectation, communicated by a dealership in writing or verbally, should have that expectation realized when the Bronco arrives. It is, IMO, a form of bait and switch pricing that Ford should not allow.

TLDR: take care of order holder first, transition into allocation adjustments as reservation holders convert into order holders, stop the ADM bait and switch practices.
Granger sells vehicles with the below invoice pricing on their other vehicles too. It isn't just Bronco pricing. It's their business model. The only vehicles they don't sell with this model are the performance models (GT500, Raptor, etc.). @Zach@Granger can verify if I'm full of it or not, but I remember Albert discussing this early on or via a phone call with me.

If Ford wasn't ok with this model or advertising their price, then it would've been nice to know that well before the changes over the last 10-12 months.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger sells vehicles with the below invoice pricing on their other vehicles too. It isn't just Bronco pricing. It's their business model. The only vehicles they don't sell with this model are the performance models (GT500, Raptor, etc.). @Zach@Granger can verify if I'm full of it or not, but I remember Albert discussing this early on or via a phone call with me.

If Ford wasn't ok with this model or advertising their price, then it would've been nice to know that well before the changes over the last 10-12 months.
That is correct. We did not sell a Demon above MSRP. It's our company policy. I also knew I sold it to the right guy when he was going through options and he said, "no sunroof, my helmet won't fit if I have a sunroof."

šŸ˜‚

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When this was written there was no sales just deposits.... you could not even order before Dec.... Read this....Make sure you read the disclaimer at the end

Dec 15, 2020
Ford just updated the Bronco FAQ page (here) with some more info.

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?

Bronco deliveries begin summer 2021 and will extend through 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. Actual delivery times will vary based on reservation timestamp, vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive. In May 2021 you will receive an estimated delivery window based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

*By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle
Like it says, they figured on delivering all Broncos by the end of 2022 and I am assuming thatā€™s 165,000 of them. Thatā€™s not happening now. I donā€™t think that fault falls on any dealer. The disclaimer is just covering their butts on any issues or changes they want to make.
Sponsored