Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I joined in on the Twitter fun...
Ford Bronco Article: Bronco reservations could be delayed for years. Screenshot_20211012-212418_Twitter
Sponsored

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good. Ford did this period and technically Farley was the one who nixed Xplan that caused this trainwreck. Ford owns it.
Wholeheartedly agree.

Xplan doesnā€™t save that much money overall, but it cuts through all of the dealership mumbo jumbo bullshit. Of all the things to allow it for, it would seem a pre-order, on blind faith without opportunity to test drive would be where it most belongs.

Iā€™ve heard stories of heroic actions or praise toward dealerships. Hasnā€™t been my experience at all.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This reminds me of that scene in the movie My Girl, when a young Macaulay Culkin throws a rock at the hornets nest. Well the dealer is Macaulay and the hornets are Ford Motor Company. Iā€™d be willing to bet the regional rep will either be at the dealer or on the phone with them in the AM.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I was a Lightning reservation holder, I would have zero faith in that roll out. Ford really screwed the pooch on this one. Iā€™m sick of being asked when Iā€™m going to get my bronco

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I promise you I will never buy a Ford after my Bronco, and maybe Ford doesnā€™t care. Iā€™ve bought 11 new vehicles in the last 13 years and will most likely continue to buy new vehicles in the future. They will not be Fords.
Me Too!
Of course I think its just world changing to all ā€œonlineā€ stuff. And it is not an easy transition apparently! Dealers are going away eventually.
I wish they were all like Carmax. Heres the price. Take it or leave it.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm certainly not going to promote the dealership model as the best sales model (nor am I implying that Teslas methodology works, because it's farcical and horrendous for the end-user), but there's going to be problems with any dealership, of any size, in any part of the country, in any market, submitting X thousand orders for a single model of vehicle for the same model year.

They could be ordering Flex's and it would take years for Ford to deliver enough units to fulfill the orders.

It's a bit self-serving of the B6g community to think that any single dealership would take delivery of that many units given the orders and volume that Bronco generated in a single model year.
Youā€™re the same guy that said we shouldnā€™t blame Ford because no manufacturers can build vehicles right nowā€¦shared from a friend.

Ford Bronco Article: Bronco reservations could be delayed for years. 8AC08487-957A-4BB3-B125-A4AAC6D1139E

Ford Bronco Article: Bronco reservations could be delayed for years. F7C19AC9-5D0B-4B5D-AF65-CAA4567BB723

All you do is defend Ford.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This reminds me of that scene in the movie My Girl, when a young Macaulay Culkin throws a rock at the hornets nest. Well the dealer is Macaulay and the hornets are Ford Motor Company. Iā€™d be willing to bet the regional rep will either be at the dealer or on the phone with them in the AM.
Then they should stop being fucking hornets!

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with a dealer today that said he didnā€™t anticipate a wait longer than 8 weeks for a ā€˜22 if I order tomorrow. Then I check this Website and I see ā€œyearsā€, so confused. Can anyone explain why everyone thinks 2 doors wonā€™t happen until ā€˜23? I thought theyā€™d figured out this top situation. Iā€™ve spent more time than in proud of scouring this website, and it conflicts with everything I hear from The dealer. Obviously dealers
May not always be correct or
Honest, but where does all of this info
Come from? I doubt the dealer was 100% on, but I also doubt the doom and gloom here, there is money to be made by selling cars, not holding outā€¦

Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Time=money. By the time most get their Bronco, the interests rates are going to be substantially higher.
Probably true but by the end of 2023 I'll be able to pay cash.

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with a dealer today that said he didnā€™t anticipate a wait longer than 8 weeks for a ā€˜22 if I order tomorrow. Then I check this Website and I see ā€œyearsā€, so confused. Can anyone explain why everyone thinks 2 doors wonā€™t happen until ā€˜23? I thought theyā€™d figured out this too situation. Iā€™ve spent more time than in proud of scouring this website, and it conflicts with everything I hear from The dealer. Obviously dealers
Come from?
In fact, he has 4 drs on the lot, but said there was a markup, only way to avoid is to order one for Myself and heā€™s going to guarantee pricing in writing

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I promise you I will never buy a Ford after my Bronco, and maybe Ford doesnā€™t care. Iā€™ve bought 11 new vehicles in the last 13 years and will most likely continue to buy new vehicles in the future. They will not be Fords.
Yeah thatā€™ll learn em! ā€œHeres 50k but not a dime more you SOB ! ā€œ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜­

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Write an actual letter.
Have it on blue paper for added fun affect.
Youā€™re the same guy that said we shouldnā€™t blame Ford because no manufacturers can build vehicles right nowā€¦shared from a friend.

All you do is defend Ford.
Thank you for calling this out. One of the biggest apologists on here who is held in the highest regard for no good reason.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spoke with a dealer today that said he didnā€™t anticipate a wait longer than 8 weeks for a ā€˜22 if I order tomorrow. Then I check this Website and I see ā€œyearsā€, so confused. Can anyone explain why everyone thinks 2 doors wonā€™t happen until ā€˜23? I thought theyā€™d figured out this top situation. Iā€™ve spent more time than in proud of scouring this website, and it conflicts with everything I hear from The dealer. Obviously dealers
Come from? I doubt the dealer was 100% on, but I also doubt the doom and gloom here, there is money to be made by selling cars, not holding outā€¦
anyone want to take this one?
Sponsored