Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will Farley step up and do the right thing or dig himself into a deeper hole!

I had 2 reservations at 2 different dealers in MN. After many attempts to contact them trying to gain info on the Bronco, not a peep in return, I switched both my reservations to Granger. Not because of the discount but because of the communication, transparency and trust that Granger provided.

Just recently I was in need of a vehicle (giving my old one to my dad), I did not hesitate as to who I was going to purchase from. Got my new Bronco Sport at Granger!
Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spoke with a dealer today that said he didnā€™t anticipate a wait longer than 8 weeks for a ā€˜22 if I order tomorrow. Then I check this Website and I see ā€œyearsā€, so confused. Can anyone explain why everyone thinks 2 doors wonā€™t happen until ā€˜23? I thought theyā€™d figured out this top situation. Iā€™ve spent more time than in proud of scouring this website, and it conflicts with everything I hear from The dealer. Obviously dealers
May not always be correct or
Honest, but where does all of this info
Come from? I doubt the dealer was 100% on, but I also doubt the doom and gloom here, there is money to be made by selling cars, not holding outā€¦
technically, the soonest a '22 could be built would be that time frame- ordered tomorrow and technically '22 production starts about 8 weeks after that. the odds of ordering tomorrow and jumping in front of everyone else waiting seems, let's just say, unlikely to me at this point. at this point current reservation holders are going to be getting theirs over the next 2 years and theoretically reservation order is supposed to mean something so i think it's unlikely that you will get it in 8 weeks.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with a dealer today that said he didnā€™t anticipate a wait longer than 8 weeks for a ā€˜22 if I order tomorrow. Then I check this Website and I see ā€œyearsā€, so confused. Can anyone explain why everyone thinks 2 doors wonā€™t happen until ā€˜23? I thought theyā€™d figured out this top situation. Iā€™ve spent more time than in proud of scouring this website, and it conflicts with everything I hear from The dealer. Obviously dealers
May not always be correct or
Honest, but where does all of this info
Come from? I doubt the dealer was 100% on, but I also doubt the doom and gloom here, there is money to be made by selling cars, not holding outā€¦
I bet you a crisp high five that if you order a 2022 from this dealer you won't see it in eight months much less eight weeks.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In fact, he has 4 drs on the lot, but said there was a markup, only way to avoid is to order one for Myself and heā€™s going to guarantee pricing in writing
if you don't mind my asking, what dealer in NY has 4 doors on the lot? i would perhaps go buy one myself!

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I joined in on the Twitter fun...
Screenshot_20211012-212418_Twitter.jpg
Post links instead of screen shots. On mobile devices there is a share button where you can copy the link. (Iā€™m the dork who started posting screen shots before I was pointed in the right direction by another member.)

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only way bronco orders will take years if if someone places a new MY22 order and chooses the MOD top or the Braptor.
I really think Ford is going to try and at least take care of any remaining bumped 21 orders before making a ton of brand spanking new orders

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
technically, the soonest a '22 could be built would be that time frame- ordered tomorrow and technically '22 production starts about 8 weeks after that. the odds of ordering tomorrow and jumping in front of everyone else waiting seems, let's just say, unlikely to me at this point. at this point current reservation holders are going to be getting theirs over the next 2 years and theoretically reservation order is supposed to mean something so i think it's unlikely that you will get it in 8 weeks.
Got it, I misrepresented the 8 weeks part but too Late to fix that now as a lot of people are already replying. He implied 8 weeks from production, which he expected to begin very early in ā€˜22. But why are current reservation holders waiting two years? Semiconductors? If thatā€™s it, then Iā€™m just as skeptical with that timeframe as the one the dealer gave me, semiconductors are coming back big, ttere is too much money to
Be made, it will sort itself out much faster than expected. Is it something else?

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you don't mind my asking, what dealer in NY has 4 doors on the lot? i would perhaps go buy one myself!
Baltimore, I hate hew York and every car dealership here, I outsource every car I buy. Long Island is tacky and overpriced, including vehicles

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good article. Calls Ford out without calling Ford or the dealership(s) out. Addresses there definitely is a problem though. Wasn't Ford's slogan for a while there... "We're listening."

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet you a crisp high five that if you order a 2022 from this dealer you won't see it in eight months much less eight weeks.
I might take an 8 month bet, but I misrepresented the 8 week thing, he meant from start of production, which he said shouldnā€™t be delayed past early in ā€˜22 sometime. Iā€™m not saying heā€™s definitely
Right, I just donā€™t understand this ā€œyearsā€ timeframe, I highly
Doubt that without some sort of reasoning or Evidence. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to figure out

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got it, I misrepresented the 8 weeks part but too Late to fix that now as a lot of people are already replying. He implied 8 weeks from production, which he expected to begin very early in ā€˜22. But why are current reservation holders waiting two years? Semiconductors? If thatā€™s it, then Iā€™m just as skeptical with that timeframe as the one the dealer gave me, semiconductors are coming back big, ttere is too much money to
Be made, it will sort itself out much faster than expected. Is it something else?
ford has a lot of parts constraints- they aren't producing many broncos compared to reservations- it's now an allocation system for next year with all dealers only being able to sell based on what allocation they will get- some of the 100+ thousand reservation holders going back to july 2020 will not even be getting their broncos in 2022 at this pace because allocations next year won't be as many as reservations. it will come down to whether you are high enough in this dealer's list of reservations and whether you are ordering any constrained parts. if you have no constraints and you are within this dealer's allocations then you're good and you could see it next year. if you're lower on the dealer's list, like he has 60 reservations dated before you without constraints and 30 allocations, you'll be in 2023. for instance, there are day 1 reservation holders on here in great numbers without so much as a VIN or build date yet. welcome to the party

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ford has a lot of parts constraints- they aren't producing many broncos compared to reservations- it's now an allocation system for next year with all dealers only being able to sell based on what allocation they will get- some of the 100+ thousand reservation holders going back to july 2020 will not even be getting their broncos in 2022 at this pace because allocations next year won't be as many as reservations. welcome to the party
Copy, thanks, the allocation thing makes more sense. If they e announced the numbers that helps, thank you!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Copy, thanks, the allocation thing makes more sense. If they e announced the numbers that helps, thank you! My sisters bf has a day 1 reservation he ordered on my behalf, but in case they break up šŸ˜¬, Iā€™m trying to order one for myself and see what sticks
i would do what you have to to keep them together!

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Pinto rear collision/fire issue was "bad" press. The Explorer/Firestone rollover issue was "bad" press. In this case the "bad" press is free advertising.! For every single one of us here PO'd with this process, my money says there are two people walking in to a showroom or clicking Ford.com to see what all the Bronco, this new WONDER TRUCK, can offer them that will cure what ails them.! šŸ˜

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i would do what you have to to keep them together!
Luckily thatā€™s not really a threat, but I also feel bad mooching someone elseā€™s reservation, kind of wanted to do it on my own, but sounds like thatā€™s not going to happenā€¦I still feel
Optimistic that theyll
Speed up production, it just seems weird that theyā€™d not find a solution when there is this much money to be made
Sponsored