Sponsored

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In another thread it was quoted that the comment came in Sept 2020. That was before ordering was opened. So, any dealership knew that there was going to be an allocation formula that partly took into account previous sales history. You should be able to see the significance of that. The dealership knew. They chose a marketing strategy that substantially oversold what they could reasonably expect to get. It has backfired on them and many of their customers, yet because they are so "good" and "honest" they are defended blindly and it's all Ford's fault. Well, the dealership has some responsibility in this because they chose a strategy that had no chance of being fulfilled.
Way to move those goalposts. You going to admit that your initial post was completely wrong or not?

Say it with me. Ford screwed this up. They lied. They told people it was a reservation and time stamp based system when they wanted your reservations, then changed it over and over to screw the customer. I am aware that Ford is apparently your dad or something but itā€™s okay to admit they screwed this up and stop dragging the only transparent and honest party in this whole mess. Good lord.
Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Pinto rear collision/fire issue was "bad" press. The Explorer/Firestone rollover issue was "bad" press. In this case the "bad" press is free advertising.! For every single one of us here PO'd with this process, my money says there are two people walking in to a showroom or clicking Ford.com to see what all the Bronco, this new WONDER TRUCK, can offer them that will cure what ails them.! šŸ˜
Well yeah, until they see the price - $25K ADM, or feeding frenzy insanity at $100K.

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way to move those goalposts. You going to admit that your initial post was completely wrong or not?

Say it with me. Ford screwed this up. They lied. They told people it was a reservation and time stamp based system when they wanted your reservations, then changed it over and over to screw the customer. I am aware that Ford is apparently your dad or something but itā€™s okay to admit they screwed this up and stop dragging the only transparent and honest party in this whole mess. Good lord.
C'mon man. Ford doesn't actually have any incentive to screw over their customers. We are the ones that are driving profits. Ford wouldn't be a company without its customers. I do think however (and I'm not placating) that they've caught themselves in a difficult situation given constraints where they are trying to find a balance between not pissing off dealers OR customers. This doesn't mean they are not at fault here... it just means that given their (self-imposed) position, this was the answer they felt was going to work. I hope they see how erroneous it is. We all want our Bronco's but, chill on the "Ford is a nefarious actor" bit.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
C'mon man. Ford doesn't actually have any incentive to screw over their customers. We are the ones that are driving profits. Ford wouldn't be a company without its customers. I do think however (and I'm not placating) that they've caught themselves in a difficult situation given constraints where they are trying to find a balance between not pissing off dealers OR customers. This doesn't mean they are not at fault here... it just means that given their (self-imposed) position, this was the answer they felt was going to work. I hope they see how erroneous it is. We all want our Bronco's but, chill on the "Ford is a nefarious actor" bit.
Which of my points was incorrect? What change have they made to the process to benefit customers? Ford isnā€™t a nefarious actor, they just made promises they had no intention nor ability to keep. No one asked for a reservation system, they just implemented one with no ability to follow up on it and have walked away ever since. Their competitors can make cars. Iā€™m tired of people whining about constraints. Jeep has been pumping out wranglers and gladiators this whole time while some people reserving a Bronco in 2020 may not get it until calendar year 2022. Come on. This is total insanity.

Sponsored

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree not everything was something Ford could control, but they picked a side and now have to live with the backlash.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good. Ford did this period and technically Farley was the one who nixed Xplan that caused this trainwreck. Ford owns it.
So no one can use x plan?

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Stated this elsewhere, but I'm out. Already put an offer on another Defender. I'm not going to miss one, and likely two or three, wheeling seasons waiting on Ford to reward their crybaby big dealers. My order is with that dealer mentioned. I'm sure moving elsewhere makes it even worse for my delivery time. So I'll cancel it completely when I get that call.

I've had Fords in my garage since my very first car in 1983. There was once a day we bought three brand new Fords in a single night. I was loyal. I will never have another after I sell the current one soon. I will steer any friends and family away from them too.

We played by their rules. They changed the rules. They can go just die as a company at this point for all I care.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are 100% correct. Ford has no incentive to screw over itā€™s customers. And they just proved that by protecting their biggest and most valued customersā€¦ā€¦FORD DEALERSHIPS, and throwing reservation holders to the wolves. Please donā€™t tell me you think youā€™re Fordā€™s customer this late in the game. Do you buy directly from Ford ? Or do you buy from a Ford dealership that bought directly from Ford in massive quantities? Is it starting to sink in now? Ford doesnā€™t give 2 shits about you.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew Ford didnā€™t care about the little guy much before, but I did think they cared more than they actually do ā˜¹ Itā€™s sad.

I just pray I get my Bronco early next year and can forget this mess

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this change in allocation model and the damages it causes to consumers (like me) who had to buy a different car while they wait for the bronco (like me) allow for class action against Ford?

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are 100% correct. Ford has no incentive to screw over its customers. And they just proved that by protecting their biggest and most valued customersā€¦ā€¦FORD DEALERSHIPS, and throwing the reservation holder to the wolves. Please donā€™t tell me you think youā€™re Fordā€™s customer this late in the game? Do you buy a Ford from Ford directly? Or do you buy a Ford from a Ford dealership that bought directly from Ford in massive quantities? Is it starting to sink in now? Ford doesnā€™t give 2 shits about you.
clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I promise you I will never buy a Ford after my Bronco, and maybe Ford doesnā€™t care. Iā€™ve bought 11 new vehicles in the last 13 years and will most likely continue to buy new vehicles in the future. They will not be Fords.
I agree have had a Ford since 86 , and just received my Bronco. Ford needs to stick to the original plan and fill reservations first.