Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quite frankly, I'm indifferent if Granger gets 10,000 Broncos, or only one, as long as its mine. Ford told me to put in a reservation with the dealer of my choosing and it would be built before stock units. Being patient, I found one that offered it to me below MSRP. All I want is Ford to honor their commitment. This is not on Granger, this is on FORD. If this means that Ford delivers MY Bronco to another dealer or to me directly at the price point I accepted when I submitted my reservation, then fine. But Ford should not expect me to get on the phone and call all 3100 Ford dealers in the country to see what deals I can find because of their refusal to meet their commitments to me.
Agree!
The dealer is just a vessel for delivery. Period!
On reservations! Walk-ins… yeah, screw the hell out of them, impatient money wasters!
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im not trying to learn them anything, just stating there will be no repeat business from me, or good publicity. Id be hard pressed to remember all the vehicles I’ve owned in my 35 years of driving. I’ve owned cars from at least 8 different manufacturers and never in that time had any bad feelings toward any of them. I’ve never excluded brands when it’s time to buy another. I will now, and I’m a repeat customer. 9 vehicles in the last 13 years from the same dealership. ill buy another new vehicle in the next 6 months. I can guarantee what brand it won’t be.

And no, I’m not under any illusions that Ford cares. Just stating where my future money will not be going.
Ford Bronco Article: Bronco reservations could be delayed for years. 1634104611250

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can only say this: Why have an allocation for 2022 at all!!! There are probably 110,000 orders (from reservations) being pushed to 2022. Based on production data, they can build all of that by the end of August. August 2022!!! So why are we hearing information that reservation/order holders may not even get their Bronco in 2022. Why?! I can think of only 2 reasons: 1. More Broncos are being produced and delivered outside of the reserved/order Group (us). 2. There are other issues that are preventing the ability for Ford to get to full production capacity (which they bragged about in late Summer 2021)....issues that like so many we have seen....are kept hush hush and then eventually dropped upon us like a bomb.

July 2022, many of us will have been at a 2 year wait and probably will still not have our Broncos. Many of us have laid down deposits and have altered life decisions that have caused us other personal issues and some financial losses. How much longer will we wait. How much more brand damage, self inflicted pain is Ford going to cause itself? I am a long time Ford customer, owning many Fords. But....this is getting to be draining and ridiculous.
Ford Bronco Article: Bronco reservations could be delayed for years. BroncoRIGHT

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m honestly not worried.

Is it a pain that Broncos are trickling out? Yes, but look at most things where demand outpaces supply, next generation video game consoles, graphics cards. Look at how reduced most dealership lots nationwide have been depleted. From thousands of vehicles to 100s if not less. Sure it’s easier to get some makes then others, a jeep isn’t using a brand new platform and isn’t based on such an ancient design compared to the bronco.
If you’re tired of waiting or “playing fords game” CANCEL! It’s that easy instead of making post after post that the sky is falling and shaming Ford. The hilarious thing is even if thousands of people cancelled, there’s still thousands more ready and waiting to order….
Same thing happened with the new Supra, the new corvette, etc. when demand exceeds supply things are going to get uncomfortable.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So why are we hearing information that reservation/order holders may not even get their Bronco in 2022. Why?! I can think of only 2 reasons: 1. More Broncos are being produced and delivered outside of the reserved/order Group (us). 2. There are other issues that are preventing the ability for Ford to get to full production capacity
I would say there are three reasons, and phrase them a little differently:
  1. They want to produce some % of Broncos for dealer stock since at least in the near future that will be more lucrative for their dealer network than reservations. Dealers may not get this rare opportunity to soak people for well above MSRP for long.
  2. They don't necessarily already know there will be major production limitations, but are preparing for the possibility due to the uncertainty around covid, processors, and global supply chains.
  3. They don't want to distribute Broncos among the dealerships in the proportion that they are reserved at the dealerships (i.e. they want to steer more Broncos to the big boys than to Granger, so later Granger reservations will be forced to wait).
#3 is the problem that has been the focus for the last several days, but Ford could fix that one and we'd still be in for a rough 2022 if #1 and #2 turn into major factors.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Way to move those goalposts. You going to admit that your initial post was completely wrong or not?

Say it with me. Ford screwed this up. They lied. They told people it was a reservation and time stamp based system when they wanted your reservations, then changed it over and over to screw the customer. I am aware that Ford is apparently your dad or something but it’s okay to admit they screwed this up and stop dragging the only transparent and honest party in this whole mess. Good lord.
No, I won't admit it at all, because it wasn't. You are ignoring the time line, to justify your self serving conclusions. Sure, focus on reservations. But, the real deal is orders. A dealership was chosen when it was time to convert the reservation to an order. And the revised (yes, revised for clarity) statement that reservation date would drive production, subject to parts constraints and individual dealers allocations, was made before anyone made an order and chose a dealership. We keep saying the same thing, going round and round.

So, you say the only transparent and honest party. The party that chose to sell WAY more Broncos than they ever had reasonable expectations to receive. The party who KNEW allocation would play a part before they EVER TOOK AN ORDER. I'm not defending Ford. I'm pointing out that dealers had knowledge that allocation would play a role, and yet a few dealers wished for the best and went ahead with a marketing strategy that might not end up working. It's not that hard to understand. I am just a customer with a Bronco on order. Are you defending your Dad who owns the dealership in question?

All we're saying is the dealership has some responsibility in this. Period. Are you saying they have no responsibility in this?

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BTW, is everyone who is so adamant that they are getting screwed by Ford getting their Bronco from this dealer? Who else is getting screwed so badly?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will Farley step up and do the right thing or dig himself into a deeper hole!

I had 2 reservations at 2 different dealers in MN. After many attempts to contact them trying to gain info on the Bronco, not a peep in return, I switched both my reservations to Granger. Not because of the discount but because of the communication, transparency and trust that Granger provided.

Just recently I was in need of a vehicle (giving my old one to my dad), I did not hesitate as to who I was going to purchase from. Got my new Bronco Sport at Granger!
What most people didn’t realize is that not only are the Granger people up front, but the pricing process was haggle free. I knew the formula and it was applied. I never felt I was dealing with a 2 bit carney salesman or a dealer that was screwing me. The buying experience was pleasant . That is a win for Ford and a win for Granger- and a win for me!

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, is everyone who is so adamant that they are getting screwed by Ford getting their Bronco from this dealer? Who else is getting screwed so badly?
It's safe to assume that the handful of dealers who pursued the business strategy that worked great for the 2021 allocation are all going to be problematic under the 2022 formula -- assuming Ford sticks with that formula.

Beyond that, the formula change will help holders at some dealers and hurt holders at others, but it's going to be pretty opaque to the end customer which is which unless the dealer discloses numbers. That's part of the frustration here, that we're in October 2021 and people who reserved in July 2020 still have zero guidance on when they can expect their orders, in large part because the single most important factor is now some opaque formula, the existence of which wasn't even disclosed in July 2020.

Sponsored

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I don’t think this article would be understood outside of the Bronco community
you're right.

it's written in way where as it tries to explain things in a long and wordy way.

while it paints a bad picture it doesn't tell you in a short, concrete way that ford is basically a scum bag company enough.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only way bronco orders will take years if if someone places a new MY22 order and chooses the MOD top or the Braptor.
I really think Ford is going to try and at least take care of any remaining bumped 21 orders before making a ton of brand spanking new orders
you must been drinking the Ford Kool-AID

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

C'mon man. Ford doesn't actually have any incentive to screw over their customers. We are the ones that are driving profits. Ford wouldn't be a company without its customers. I do think however (and I'm not placating) that they've caught themselves in a difficult situation given constraints where they are trying to find a balance between not pissing off dealers OR customers. This doesn't mean they are not at fault here... it just means that given their (self-imposed) position, this was the answer they felt was going to work. I hope they see how erroneous it is. We all want our Bronco's but, chill on the "Ford is a nefarious actor" bit.
I dont think Ford thought it would take so long to fill orders and would have them filled by 2022 back in July 14 2020 and now they just said fuck customers because we can sell more Broncos by changing the rules of the game.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I dont think Ford thought it would take so long to fill orders and would have them filled by 2022 back in July 14 2020 and now they just said fuck customers because we can sell more Broncos by changing the rules of the game.
They'll sell every one they make. They considered that when they looked at their options: piss off some customers or piss off their largest dealers who are sad they can't charge ADM on dealer stock units because there are still pesky reservation holders waiting. They chose their large dealers.

Ford made their decision. Now we'll provide the backlash and harass them.
Sponsored