First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm glad to see that your Bronco journey has been able to provide distraction in what has undoubtedly been the hardest time in your life. I'll be honest, I don't know how I could make it through losing my wife so you're definitely a better man (and father) than me.

These vehicles mean a lot to people. For me this is very big life event. I've been through a lot in my life and have had to really fight to get where I am today. Being in a position where I can buy a brand new vehicle, a $62,000 vehicle, that's crazy to think. Growing up I lived in a house that was worth less than $5000, we were the poor kids that the local church bought Christmas presents for.

The guys at work we're giving me a hard time the other day asking what I would do if I showed up to my dealer and they tried to spring $10k ADM on me. I told them I really didn't know for sure but at the very least I would 100% be going to jail for battery because someone would be getting punched in the face. They were surprised (because I'm not really that type of person), and said something like "wow, how do you care about some thing that much?". I told them that it was a little sad that they DIDN'T have some thing in their lives that they cared about that much....
I hear you and thanks for the kind words. I never thought in a million years I'd pay this much for a vehicle, but decided I would treat myself for once. My wife wouldn't want to drive it, but I know she'd want me to have it. My coworkers just constantly ask, when is your Bronco coming in? Now I won't have anything to talk , about, haha. Enjoy yours when it comes in!
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you and thanks for the kind words. I never thought in a million years I'd pay this much for a vehicle, but decided I would treat myself for once. My wife wouldn't want to drive it, but I know she'd want me to have it. My coworkers just constantly ask, when is your Bronco coming in? Now I won't have anything to talk , about, haha. Enjoy yours when it comes in!
My Bronco should be here any day, just waiting for it to come down from the rail head. Can't wait and I will absolutely enjoy it! I know the guys at work (and my friends, and my family) are sick of hearing about it all day every day so I think they want it to be here as bad as I do....

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congratulation Phil. Enjoy the ride. Also, many blessings for strenght and comfort go out to you, and your handsom son.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I picked up my 2-door, Velocity Blue Badlands this evening. She was built on 9/27, shipped the next day via rail, and arrived at the local rail yard, about 30 mins south of me last Wednesday, 10/6. Since then it has been worse than waiting for Christmas morning to come since I was a kid. Last night I noticed the tracker said it was delivered, so first thing this morning I pinged my sales guy. Went in this evening after to work to pick it up. A person at the dealership told me it would be ready tomorrow, but I bugged them enough it was ready at 5.

No dealer issues, I'm happy to say, but of course it was a 2+ hour affair...as always. Finance guy tried to get me a warranty with the works, but I declined and showed him the Flood Ford ESP site. He scratched his head and said, nope, can't beat that. Was out of there just before 8 p.m.

I lost my wife to cancer the end of last May, and this Bronco has been sort of a North Star for me and my 9 year-old son. It's been a frustrating, but great distraction for us. Now that it's over, I hope we can use it to create new memories to guide us forward. My son has had a hard time over the past year accepting we'd trade in his mom's Rav-4, and I constantly had to explain that she never liked it and preferred her 2005 Corolla over it. When we parked at the dealer today, there beside us was the same Corolla, including color, that my wife had before her Rav-4. What a serendipitous thing. It definitely made me smile.

This thing is a beast! I've only ever seen a 4-door, so I didn't know what to expect. It looks small, but at the same time is monstrous. I'm very happy I didn't go with Sasquatch, as the 33's are plenty big for me. The Velocity Blue is stunningly beautiful. The roof rails just complete the look, and I'm very happy these are real roof rails, not flimsy ones you see on most SUVs now. It is much wider than I expected, which is going to take some getting used to. It was getting dark and sprinkling out, but I went over the MIC roof with my hand all around it to make sure it was good. I couldn't notice any defects which made me happy.

I'll be spending the next few days just trying to figure everything out on the interior. It has plenty of get up and go with the 2.7l. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not sure I've had a vehicle over 150 hp before, haha! I played Glenn Campbell's Gentle on my Mind as the first song as we drove off and then we switched to some Elvis. I have the High package, so not the top of the line stereo. I thought it sounded plenty good, so I won't need to be laboring over speaker replacement. The ride was smooth, even more so than the Rav-4 I traded in. It will take me a bit to get used to driving it, but I think it is 100% a winner. I definitely would not have wanted anything larger than the 2-door. I'm so excited for all you still waiting, as you are going to love it. The wait is worth it! I'll get some more pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

20211012_195105.jpg

20211012_172802.jpg
Beautiful Rig, So sorry for you and your son’s loss. Your story brought me to tears and it too early in the morning for tears. I hope you and your son create many new memories in you new Badlands. BTW that’s my build, I’m lovin it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for your loss. Your situation makes waiting in line superficial and trivial. May you and your son have a terrific time creating memories in that terrific looking Bronco. My supposed build to the tee except for the color.

Sponsored

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Beautiful vehicle, beautiful post. Glenn Campbell on the stereo can put you in the right state of mind. I can't wait to get my Base 2dr, Velocity Blue with roof racks. Re-ordering soon for '22.

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry for your loss man. I can't imagine what you and your boy are going through. It warms my heart though knowing how much these things mean to other people. It makes me appreciate mine even more. Wish the best for you guys!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear of your loss. You and you're son are gong to rock the wheels off the FE, enjoy!!

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss. You guys look great with your new rig. You'll create some great memories and will have some good bonding time.

I was off roading with my son since he was 3yr old. All our travels and time together are priceless experiences.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed- the rails really do make it look complete. Well worth $395. Congrats.
The rails are totally a must. Much more utilitarian and substantial visually.

And you didn’t follow the formula of every other post for five pages. Congrats to you!

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry for your loss. I know you and your son will make great memories with your new ride. I'm sure your wife will smile down on both of you while on those adventures. Congratulations good Sir!

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Losing my Wife is my biggest fear. That being said I'm so happy for you & your son that you have something to focus some energy on & build some great memories. The things you do together now will be there stories he tells his grandkids long after you're gone. Hope you both find some peace. Thanks for the story. Got my allergies working up over here! Damn eyes!
Sponsored