First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with all the sentiment on this post and agree that Ford changing the rules in the middle of the game is a really crappy deal.

However, I think we have to remember why there is an issue too, they introduced a brand new, hot vehicle, in the middle of a pandemic. I don’t think Ford could have predicted the supply chain issues, as well as the dealer greed that occurs when they have a chance to exploit that supply chain issue. Hell walk into any car dealership right now and try to buy a car below MSRP, they’ll laugh in your face. Supply chain and inflation is a massive issue across the country.

Now, was the MIC top issue in their control from the get go? Possibly, but this third party vendor in Wabasto was going to fake it until they made it not to disrupt the mother ship until it was too late.

I think at the end of the day, you’re going to see some dealer stock at the big boy dealerships next year, but that won’t prevent ford from going outside the allocation to fulfill reservations. At the end of the day, if Grainger has a 1,000 remaining orders and only got allocated 200, I have serious doubts that Ford won’t go outside that allocation to take care of reservation holders while at the same time getting a couple dealer stocks for the big boys to shut them up.

This could end up being Ford talking out of both sides of their mouth. Tell the big dealers what they want to hear, but meanwhile they just keep producing and shipping reservation orders beyond the allocations. We won’t know for sure until 2022, but people should be holding fast, and not listening to the communications/PR mouth piece in Levine as I don’t think the guy actually has any clue beyond what the public knows as well.
The only thing I would take issue with is attributing the delays to supply chain issues. The biggest constraint was and continues to be MIC tops. It wasn’t that Webasto didn’t have the resources or manpower to produce tops…….the problem is they spent months making thousands of tops that ended up in the proverbial scrap heap.
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford also said orders would be filled in order of reservation timestamp and orders would be filled before dealers got any stock Broncos. I don’t care where you bought your Bronco. I just wish Ford’s representations were true.
So, you clearly pick out only the info you want, and ignore the rest. It has been said over and over and over again that Ford clarified the statement you quoted BERFORE any orders were placed. YOU, not me, are ignoring what is clearly out there.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, well before any orders were taken. Do all of you who are bitching so loudly and irrationally realize that for all of us Bronco order holders that did not order from Granger that we are better off? No one is getting screwed here, if you didn't buy from Granger at way back of invoice. The whole "reservations first" argument ignores that Ford clearly stated, BEFORE ANY ORDERS WERE TAKEN, that allocation would play a role. That is a clear, simple to recognize fact.

So, I'll agree that Ford changed how the allocation formula would work between 2021 and 2022. And I'll agree that Ford, between July 2020 and Sept 2020, apparently backed off of it's reservation date only policy. It could be easily argued that they clarified their position, but whatever, what they said changed, so ok, it changed. This was still before any orders. So, who is getting screwed here by Ford except people who bought at way back of invoice from a couple of dealerships? None of the rest of us are negatively impacted.

So, for all of us who are not negatively impacted, what is your argument that we should be all pissed off and blaming Ford? Blaming Ford for what?
I apologize. Unlike some folks, the only dealership experience I have is working in the new car prep at a Pontiac dealer in 1977. The only other experiences at dealerships was the 10 or so times I bought new vehicles and not once I heard the word "allocation".
I am so glad that other companies/businesses don't hang you out to dry because folks didn't understand all the inner workings of their business.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing I would take issue with is attributing the delays to supply chain issues. The biggest constraint was and continues to be MIC tops. It wasn’t that Webasto didn’t have the resources or manpower to produce tops…….the problem is they spent months making thousands of tops that ended up in the proverbial scrap heap.
The fact that those "bad" tops are piled up at dirt mountain is disturbing. I'm pretty sure I'd buy one of those bad hard tops from Wabasto for 1/2 the price. It's just for winter driving anyway, who cares how good it looks.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, you clearly pick out only the info you want, and ignore the rest. It has been said over and over and over again that Ford clarified the statement you quoted BERFORE any orders were placed. YOU, not me, are ignoring what is clearly out there.
Yeah - seems like we are getting “ clarifications “ every week!

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, this is not logical at all. Everyone has been on some allocation from the beginning. My dealer is on the top 150 list. They got 60 2021 Broncos allocated and had over 100 orders, at MSRP. My order is going to be 2022. My order will be included in their 2022 allocation. So, how does your statement apply to me?

You know, basically a couple dealerships tried to scam the system, very clearly knowing what they were doing, and they took a whole pack of Bronco order holders with them. No one other than those people are negatively impacted by any of this. So, tell me why I should be pissed off at Ford?
Look at your bolded statement.

That's why is doesn't impact you. Now think... if you were at a small dealership and not a high volume top 150 dealership how this policy will impact those reservation holders?

Congrats to you, you happened to order from a golden goose, top 150 volume dealer that Ford loves. Good on you. Enjoy your Bronco.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We are so fortunate to have you and your nearly singular voice of reason on this forum. You are a shining beacon of calm truthiness in our turbulent sea of gullible Ford naysayers. Your efforts will provide me with confidence and steadfastness as I take my day 1, first 10 minute, #1 dealership allocation back to my dealership after nearly a year and a half of waiting and convert my MY21 Bronco order to a MY22 model. And I’m certain the price renegotiations will go swimmingly. Keep up the good work. I know Ford appreciates it.

Last edited:

Pat_McGroin

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The global supply problems are not Fords fault. Everybody in every manufacturing industry is hurting.

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Dad told me last night that there's over 100,000 reservations/orders for the Maverick. Poor people!:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update 10/13/21 9:50 am ET: A Ford spokesperson issued a statement to The Drive, explaining that reservation orders are still prioritized over dealership stock as long as parts availability allows it. Units with “high demand options” are still constrained, and Ford advises customers to change their order configurations if they wish to receive a Bronco sooner. See the full statement at the bottom of this page.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Update 10/13/21 9:50 am ET: A Ford spokesperson issued a statement to The Drive, explaining that reservation orders are still prioritized over dealership stock as long as parts availability allows it. Units with “high demand options” are still constrained, and Ford advises customers to change their order configurations if they wish to receive a Bronco sooner. See the full statement at the bottom of this page.
New text:

And that brings us back to what's going on with this dealership, and how the consumer is potentially suffering from a possible altered sales strategy. Remember; the reservation holders this franchise now represents wanted to do business with them in the first place because of shady actions from other dealerships and a lack of effective communication from Ford.

This shouldn't have to be said, but it's not the consumer's fault for wanting to cooperate with a transparent dealership that offers a discounted price. If the franchise does indeed get just 200 Broncos a year, it could take several years before all of the orders they've received are filled. In an attempt to get their vehicle sooner, these customers are effectively being punished.

"Ford is aware of Bronco customers who placed orders with a small number of dealers that created special deals to attract a large number of orders," a Ford spokesperson told The Drive via email. "Ford’s allocation system treats all dealers fairly and complies with state laws, and while the number of reservations is a component of the allocation model, it is not the only factor. The Bronco team is working hard to fulfill all customer orders as quickly as possible while balancing production, and also managing commodity constraints. Customers can either wait for their order to be fulfilled with their original dealer or they can transfer their reservation / order to another dealer by contacting the Ford Customer Relationship Center.

"With regards to building stock units, we said we would prioritize building reservation orders before stock orders as long as there are parts available to build reserved Broncos," it added. "Production for Broncos with high demand options, such as the 2.7-liter EcoBoost, hard top and Sasquatch package, has always been constrained by the availability of parts to assemble those Broncos. When we can’t make Broncos with high demand options for customers, we make other configurations so we don’t shut the assembly line down, such as 2.3-liter, soft top, Big Bend, that dealers can stock. We have provided advice for customers to change their order configurations if they wanted to receive a Bronco sooner instead of waiting, which some customers have done."

During a phone call with The Drive, the Ford spokesperson reiterated that there are several reasons why Broncos could be sitting on dealer lots right now, but highlighted that it's not because customer orders weren't being prioritized. "If a retail order isn't accepted by the customer, the dealer can sell that vehicle to another customer, it doesn't mean that the customer orders weren't prioritized. Customer orders are prioritized, but if Ford can't build the high-demand versions [due to part inventory restrains], it won't shut the factory down. It will simply build other configurations.

"Our allocation system treats dealers fairly and complies by state laws," it added. "The allocation system goes both ways. This isn't unique to Ford."

Bzol33

Black Diamond
First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco… eventually
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I alone in my confusion why they’re still having production issues? I know they had hard top problems, but that shouldn’t be an issue anymore. They have new hard tops, and regardless, they can build soft tops. I really don’t understand what’s holding them back from cranking these vehicles out whether it’s a reservation or not. What’s the reason they’re not building several hundred units a day?

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided