John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Well with everyone saying that the manual is so much better than the auto and it is more fun to drive shouldn't it be more expensive and people willing to pay for it?
maybe, but why is the A/T still +$1600 on the BB, BD and BL ? Its the principle of the thing too. The B&P had the auto as a free upgrade on the Sasquatch last year at first too, until they decided to make more $ on it. So now its the same story, just flipped (second-verse, same as the first)
Sponsored

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so pissed off, I put my order on hold for MY22 to get the manual Sasquatch. Now they are ripping us off for an auto upgrade we don’t get. I’m just buying my badlands with the 33’s and doing the wheels myself. Just need to figure out if I will have to do a lift to make them work.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so pissed off, I put my order on hold for MY22 to get the manual Sasquatch. Now they are ripping us off for an auto upgrade we don’t get. I’m just buying my badlands with the 33’s and doing the wheels myself. Just need to figure out if I will have to do a lift to make them work.
Yeah I too am extremely disappointed.

The guess the silver lining for me is that my build likely wouldn’t have been built last year anyway—dealer was allocated 34 units and I was reservation #38. But still, just disappointed.

Honestly I would be okay if the manual Sasquatch pkg had a $250-$500 premium over the automatic Sasquatch pkg. But when they announced they would support Sasquatch with the manual transmission, making me pay for an automatic transmission isn’t what I had in mind.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tried it, if I select the 10A the price of SAS does indeed only add $2495.
However, if I have the 7MT selected, it does still add the full $4090.

Maybe they'll give me the 10A I'll be paying for in the back and I'll have a spare for the wife's Explorer ST!!
My sas price shows $4090 but the math actually shows sas being $2,490. Look at attached pictures. $51,920 total price - $1,495 destination - $45,285 base MSRP - $595 tow pkg - $2,790 high pkg - $90 lug nuts - $365 roof rails = $2,490 with only the Sasquatch pkg remaining on my build.
Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing 20211013_133911

20211013_133901.jpg

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why all the complaining?

Ford has given everyone price protection in a hugely inflationary environment. That's a VERY GOOD thing. Manual Sasquatch was not offered in MY21. They developed this for the enthusiast and have set the price. Trying to equate what the manual cost vs the automatic in 2021 is irrelevant. Stop bitching or else get it with the automatic!

My wife is ordering manual Sasquatch with her order and we think it's a good deal. It's a great deal actually.

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But then no Sasquatch package w/ a Manual Transmission.

Yes it does... but on the Bronco the crash bars are bolt-on. So if you get a non-Sasquatch unit you can just unbolt them.

For the manual transmission, the Badlands axles are the same axles and gear ratios that the Sasquatch package gets.

The Badlands trim also gets upgraded suspension as well. It isn't exactly like the Sasquatch package because the Sasquatch package has a minor lift over the base Badlands trim (< 1"). But the suspension setup is extremely similar—both have Bilstein position-sensitive suspension.
Thanks for this explanation, I think the auto discount was what I was missing on the new pricing setup. That absolutely sucks if you're going MT, is it possible this is just a bug?

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well with everyone saying that the manual is so much better than the auto and it is more fun to drive shouldn't it be more expensive and people willing to pay for it?
Does the fact that I'm willing to pay for it and planning to pay for it mean it makes sense?

It's bullshit of the highest order and the apologists aren't helping.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I know is my base sas build is only a few thousand cheaper than a badlands with mid.
I 99'd my order to wait for the manual sasquatch.. and now I might just get a badlands.
Yup.

Stick355

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My sas price shows $4090 but the math actually shows sas being $2,490. Look at attached pictures. $51,920 total price - $1,495 destination - $45,285 base MSRP - $595 tow pkg - $2,790 high pkg - $90 lug nuts - $365 roof rails = $2,490 with only the Sasquatch pkg remaining on my build.
Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing 20211013_133901

Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing 20211013_133901
Interesting

I had a BL selected with SAS, Lux, towing, and some other odds and ends.
Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing SAS2.PNG
Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing SAS1.PNG

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now switch to the automatic transmission and notice how the cost doesn’t change… still $51,920.

And then scroll down to the bottom and you can see the 10-speed transmission is a $0 add on.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why all the complaining?

Ford has given everyone price protection in a hugely inflationary environment. That's a VERY GOOD thing. Manual Sasquatch was not offered in MY21. They developed this for the enthusiast and have set the price. Trying to equate what the manual cost vs the automatic in 2021 is irrelevant. Stop bitching or else get it with the automatic!

My wife is ordering manual Sasquatch with her order and we think it's a good deal. It's a great deal actually.
Says the guy already tooling around in a Bronco. But ok sure, it's the "enthusiast" price, all good. ;)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why all the complaining?

You're an apologist...we get it, but folks are being screwed by this. Why is Ford charging for an automatic they aren't selling? It's a dick move to have strung folks along this whole time and have them under the premise of saving that money not having to opt for an auto. I'm a V6 guy do this doesn't affect me but it's wrong.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Id have to add sasquatch to get the HD front axle and locking front diff though. Those are key selling points to me. Mid package is sort of a why not once Im already at badlands.
Badlands non SAS manual has 4.70 gears, front and rear diff lock, sway bar disconnect, and better front axle. SAS does seem pointless with Badlands. 35s arent going to get you that many more places than 33s.

Crawl gear in 4WD low is hilarious. You can get out and walk super slow next to the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: