Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you planning to hit that close to your bumper? If you are off-roading you should remove your front plate to avoid the risk of hitting it. Our bracket sits higher actually and it's on a solid mounting surface, not a hinge. The hinge will most likely bend/brake but again if you are hitting something or have concerns about hitting something you shouldn't be running a plate on a trail.

We utilize 2 of the factory bolt locations, which you can access without removing the plate. This way you remove 2 bolts and you can remove the plate.

This is the last prototype, the new version has the plate sitting up higher (and the final one is powder coated black) along with flanged washers on the back and shorter screws.

1634225471479.png

1634225479283.png
I like how it’s slim and minimal, but not so much that the bolts stick out to the sides.

Now only if there was an option combining these two: slim and minimal that doesn’t stick out forward so much and that it’s on a hinge, so you can angle it out vertically or nice and tight to the skid plate
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like how it’s slim and minimal, but not so much that the bolts stick out to the sides.

Now only if there was an option combining these two: slim and minimal that doesn’t stick out forward so much and that it’s on a hinge, so you can angle it out vertically or nice and tight to the skid plate
Well as I pointed out, those were longer bolts for test purposes. The final product has shorter bulbs and a flange nut on the back. Much more minimal.

But honestly, this is a license plate... are folks looking at your Bronco going "ohh man that's a hot truck, let me get down low and check out that plate though"

Naw they don't even see the plate, they are more interested in the bronco itself :)

At the end of the day it IS a license plate mount. You can use the factory one OR use another one like these options to put it lower. If you don't like it lower because you think you're going to snag it, don't use it, lol :)

OP
OP

doktorek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What are you planning to hit that close to your bumper? If you are off-roading you should remove your front plate to avoid the risk of hitting it. Our bracket sits higher actually and it's on a solid mounting surface, not a hinge. The hinge will most likely bend/brake but again if you are hitting something or have concerns about hitting something you shouldn't be running a plate on a trail.

We utilize 2 of the factory bolt locations, which you can access without removing the plate. This way you remove 2 bolts and you can remove the plate.

This is the last prototype, the new version has the plate sitting up higher (and the final one is powder coated black) along with flanged washers on the back and shorter screws.

1634225471479.png

1634225479283.png
Thanks. Only problem with this design is that when you try to remove it everytime you go on the trail, because screws mount into plastic, plastic will wear out from you screwing and unscrewing and after removing it 10 times, it will not hold anymore unless you use bigger screws and start all over again.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. Only problem with this design is that when you try to remove it everytime you go on the trail, because screws mount into plastic, plastic will wear out from you screwing and unscrewing and after removing it 10 times, it will not hold anymore unless you use bigger screws and start all over again.
What plastic??? Our plate is made from aluminum and powder coated black. The bumper is steel... no plastic...

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, after giving up on a perfect solution and installing the factory plate mount I really don't care how it looks anymore. Actually think that it looks ok since it's not blocking the grille or inlet for cooling. I think it's one of those things you will forget about after a while and just enjoy your Bronco!

Side note - the absorbent sucking up an oil slick is from my Pathfinder, not the Bronco! LOL.

PXL_20211011_192737004~2.jpg

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Plastic below the bumper. Plastic cover.
Ahh yeah see our bracket is designed for the steel bumper... in your case you'd need to drill holes and then it's 100% up to you on how often (if ever) you want to remove your plate.

But I honestly think you have more to worry about then snagging a license plate bracket. That bumper is plastic and if you are gonna snag the plate, that's the least of your worries. I'd be more worried about scratching/bashing the plastic bumper over a license plate.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Found another front plate mount solution PXL_20211011_192737004~2

Ford Bronco Found another front plate mount solution PXL_20211011_192737004~2
Whoa there, Adam. Is this the final design? The other design you showed was larger than the plate and wasn't my style, but this one...:love:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whoa there, Adam. Is this the final design? The other design you showed was larger than the plate and wasn't my style, but this one...:love:
This is almost the final. We have the plate sitting higher on the final but this is what im currently running on my bronco

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

30 states plus DC require a front plate. Why isn't this more seriously considered by designers? Many are in the densely populated states (Northeast and Cali) so what gives. I'd estimate 75% of registered vehicles need to tackle this dilemma.

So, which states require front license plates:

• Alaska
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Iowa
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Dakota
  • Oregon
  • Rhode Island
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming
No front plate required in Nevada

Sponsored
OP
OP

doktorek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im digging the vortex one, less bulky, install anywhere at any angle, remove easy, less prone to damage if installed too low. Im thinking of pulling the trigger. There isnt too many out there anyway. Trying to find the best solution for my need.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well as I pointed out, those were longer bolts for test purposes. The final product has shorter bulbs and a flange nut on the back. Much more minimal.

But honestly, this is a license plate... are folks looking at your Bronco going "ohh man that's a hot truck, let me get down low and check out that plate though"

Naw they don't even see the plate, they are more interested in the bronco itself :)

At the end of the day it IS a license plate mount. You can use the factory one OR use another one like these options to put it lower. If you don't like it lower because you think you're going to snag it, don't use it, lol :)
Very valid points, but at the end of the day, we are comparing license plate bracket A and license plate bracket B and what makes one better than the other. You’re right, ultimately i can just mount mine directly to the skid plate and call it a day but we are comparing the designs of the two and aesthetic is just one part of design. If i can mount my plates cleanly and have it function how i want it to, then they can have my money.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very valid points, but at the end of the day, we are comparing license plate bracket A and license plate bracket B and what makes one better than the other. You’re right, ultimately i can just mount mine directly to the skid plate and call it a day but we are comparing the designs of the two and aesthetic is just one part of design. If i can mount my plates cleanly and have it function how i want it to, then they can have my money.
Nobody is forcing you into one solution. That's why there are various options on the market. For whatever your budget is and what you are looking for.
Sponsored