Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let's say the 2% number is accurate. That's 2400 Broncos. If your top 100 dealers account for 25% of sales, then fulfilling the 2400 you've just pissed off means your average top100 dealer loses 6 broncos between MY22 and MY23.

pissing off 2400 customers willing to order a truck sight unseend over 6 trucks per dealership over 2 years? come on. there's "little risk" and there's downright ill-thought.
The problem is that it isn't 2%. What he wrote was "98% of customers that didn't place orders with a small dealer" the question is what does that represent? if 75,000 people placed orders with "small dealers" then that number is 98% of say 50,000 assuming 125,000 orders.

His tweet is deceiving and gives the idea 98% of order holders are not affected when that is not the case. it is 98% of a mysterious number.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its still unconscionable the blatant disregard Ford has for reservationists & still begs why are they supporting the price gouging tactics with such zeal.....AND I still say it was because they've always wanted a Base going for $50-$60K & upper trims into the $100k's, there must be some impressive 'ol boys network with the shit-bags at the big cheater dealers. I hate to say it but the next salvo will be Ford just cancels all reservations outright in favor of $25K ADM....I mean really -- having to wait five years? That to me is about the same as them saying - "just forget it, you're out".
Now you are just making shit up. lol

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
Hmmmm. Who knew that having everyone pick the same dealer was a bad idea. I'd rather support my local dealer. There's absolutely no reason to pick any dealer that's more than 200 miles away, so for all those out of state buyers - that's on you.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now you are just making shit up. lol
True but it's the way I feel about how this shit-show is sliding further & further down. I'm not the first one to wonder 'just what the fuck are they going to do next"

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is that it isn't 2%. What he wrote was "98% of customers that didn't place orders with a small dealer" the question is what does that represent? if 75,000 people placed orders with "small dealers" then that number is 98% of say 50,000 assuming 125,000 orders.

His tweet is deceiving and gives the idea 98% of order holders are not affected when that is not the case. it is 98% of a mysterious number.
He said "small dealers that offered a special deal". Not just "small dealers". That's a very small percentage of orders at large, like it or not. Why would Ford cater to 2% of reservation holders at the expense of their relationships with the dealers that give them more sales?

I get why people (particularly here where there is an outsized proportion of Granger orders) are upset...but if they've got a Granger order they're in the know enough here that they also should've understood that it was certainly not the quickest way to get a Bronco.

Sponsored

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmmm. Who knew that having everyone pick the same dealer was a bad idea. I'd rather support my local dealer. There's absolutely no reason to pick any dealer that's more than 200 miles away, so for all those out of state buyers - that's on you.
100% incorrect. I have at least $5,000 maybe $10,000 reasons. Plus there are 3 ford dealers within 5 miles of where I live. Only one of them has a decent service department. How would it be any different purchasing from the local one that gives you the best deal and using the one with the best service department for all future follow-up, vs. purchasing out of state and doing the same thing. It is not.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had one of the Granger 2k off deals and finally came to my senses. How is a small dealer in a small market going to handle hundreds (guessing, but, yeah) of reservations and deliver? Don't be making saints out of them. Yes, they are upfront about wanting to grow their dealership, but at some point you have to tell people, uh, don't think we can get you a vehicle this year.
Got a call back from Granger. Basically my res. with them is #861 or something and I couldn't expect a Bronco for 3 to 4 years at the current rate. Needless to say I moved the order to my local dealer at MSRP.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about those of us who placed our order with a small local dealer that didn't create a special deal to attract a large number of orders??? 🤬

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

100% incorrect. I have at least $5,000 maybe $10,000 reasons. Plus there are 3 ford dealers within 5 miles of where I live. Only one of them has a decent service department. How would it be any different purchasing from the local one that gives you the best deal and using the one with the best service department for all future follow-up, vs. purchasing out of state and doing the same thing. It is not.
And, have you asked Granger where you are in line? I was #861 or something. 3 to 4 year wait. Went with my local for MSRP.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got a call back from Granger. Basically my res. with them is #861 or something and I couldn't expect a Bronco for 3 to 4 years at the current rate. Needless to say I moved the order to my local dealer at MSRP.
And I am now number 955. Winning!

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Question, the reservation system has failed to go the way everyone wanted, they way it was intended, I think on all of that we can agree. But if it weren't for the reservations and dealers trying to get more reservations, hence more allocation, does anyone here think that any dealers would have been selling units at invoice?

I mean with all of the demand, out of all of the units produced, how many would have even sold for MSRP? Seriously, the mark ups would have been much larger if all 190,000 plus those didn't reserve were trying to buy at the same time.

But many are waiting their turn because of their reservation, so there isn't 200,000 plus looking to buy today. There would have been no discounts at all, let along very many at MSRP.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And, have you asked Granger where you are in line? I was #861 or something. 3 to 4 year wait. Went with my local for MSRP.
Local MSRP? That is like a real sasquatch. Plus I am like #40@ my dealer, but likely playing the parts constraints sweepstakes because I ordered all of them.....

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I must admit I was a bit put off by some of the $1,000-$2,000 dollar under invoice crowd. There was a certain amount of arrogance when one of them would browbeat another member for being so naive as to pay MSRP, or wanting a Bronco so badly as to pay an ADM because there was no one within a 100 miles charging MSRP. And I viewed the people saying they are there for the responsiveness and helpful nature of Granger (for example) as being akin to someone saying they only bought their penthouse magazine for the articles….does penthouse still print magazines? Might have aged myself.
But then I reached out to Zach, because of his reputation and my concern with price negotiations for my upcoming 2022 reorder, even though I’m not his customer, I have a feeling I will be in the future. Now I get it. I just wished Ford would get it…but they have proven to be a company void of integrity. They are never going to do the right thing because doing the right thing is counterintuitive to their current culture, and a leopard can’t change it’s spots.
Ford’s unethical treatment of these small dealerships trying to grow their businesses through old school work ethic and small town honesty and values doesn’t compute with Ford because they only see the bottom line. And the fact that they would, in effect, throw the baby out with the wash, and subject their own buyers (not customers) to collateral damage while trying to rein in small dealerships that dared to color outside the lines is a new level of bottom line appeasement and vindictiveness.
I have a day 1, 1st 10 minute reservation and a #1 mid-large dealership allocation without a VIN. I am going to my dealership tomorrow to renegotiate price for my reorder of a MY22 Bronco without any leverage because Ford apparently won’t allow us to transfer orders. I am not optimistic. And if things go south, I will have them 99 my 6:10pm mountain time #1 allocation order indefinitely and buy a Jeep from Zach.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are right though, I am not sympathetic to the plight of those who chased great discounts to certain dealers. I read, and stayed quiet, when people posted about their amazing deals, and insinuated that anybody paying MSRP was a sucker, or was just giving their money away. There was an arrogance to their posts then, so I don't feel bad for them now when the deals maybe wasn't as good as they thought it would be.

I don't wish them ill will, I hope they get their Bronco and I think Ford should honor the orders and deliver them in the same timeline as others. That said, contrasting the arrogance or gloating of the " I got a great deal" posts from a year ago to the " I am getting screwed " posts today...sorry, I just don't feel bad for them.
1.) I didn't order through Granger for the deal, I did it because my two local dealers are brothers-in-law, both crooks, and wouldn't even talk to me about my Bronco reservation. And like most people, I am staying there because I can't get honest deals IN WRITING from my local dealers.
2.) Almost everyone with Granger knew it would add time and travel to this process, but by Ford's original allocation formula I would have had my Bronco in 2022, but the new formula puts me at 2024 or 2025. Part of Granger allowing so many orders was 50% of the original allocation formula was based on Bronco orders and Ford has cut that portion in half to 25%.
3.) I've never gloated about Granger's deal or insulted anyone paying MSRP, but I have gloated about their honesty, integrity, and helpfulness. I'm happy for you if you were able to procure a Bronco for MSRP, just as I would be happy to be able to buy one at MSRP as well. Even Granger Motors has often said that if you can find an honest deal locally that you should take it.
4.) I'm not asking for sympathy, but since you mention having no sympathy for people who switched to Granger and Stephens, do you have any sympathy for the people who have had dealers quote one price but add $5k or $10k to it once the Bronco showed up? Or the folks whose dealers flat out stole their reservation or canceled it without their permission? Or the ones who when the Bronco showed up, the dealer said they've had so many offers for it that they can't have it even though they ordered it?

Buying from Granger or Stephens or Chapman is a guarantee that you aren't going to get unexpectedly screwed. If I could find a dealer with a 50 mile radius of me who could guarantee that, I would buy from them.

I know a few dealers that are closer to me than Granger that are fairly trustworthy, but they are still out of town and I would still be doing everything by phone and email. But already, two of them have admitted to having a similar problem with allocation. Maybe not to the extent of Granger, but I still would have no chance of getting a 2022.

If you found a Ford dealer you can trust, I am happy for you. I honestly hope your dealer has less reservations than allocations and doesn't try to pull an shenanigans on you when your Bronco shows up.

Last edited:

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.

I just stopped in to my dealership, they had 200 orders and received 4 YTD Not sure if they are considered Large / Medium/ Small but seems like 2% is a rather small allocation. He said I should expect mine early 2022... reserve 2/2021 order 3/2021.
At that rate, I will have a bronco in 2121.
Sponsored