Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Considering all of the posters that are posting that all the dealers in their area i.e. in Chicago 5 dealers are marking up and treating customers poorly, those of us that are being treated properly are fortunate. Maybe we need a thread about positive dealer experiences that spread the word on all the other dealers that are doing well by their customers. Tuttle Click has treated me well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not saying I’m against dealers like Granger, but if Ford was upfront about their allocation method, starting with 2021, then these dealers have no right to complain.

If they overshot their allocation by doing the types of deals they were, then they needed to be upfront with their reservation holders that they might not get filled in a timely fashion or pushed

Can someone verify that Ford dealers were given an allocation formula prior to 2021 launch?
Yes, their 2021 allocation formula was 100% based on reservations converted to orders. That why Granger/SAC/Chapman offered the deals they did. Small to medium dealers saw how the system worked and decided they could turn that around and make it work for them and their customers.

The rest of this is conjecture alone: Ford and their larger dealers caught on to what those 3 were doing and threw a hissy fit and changed the formula for 2022 to punish people. The new allocation formula was widely reported last week, though there were hushed rumors of it in the weeks prior.

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chapman is 25 minutes from my house and was the closest dealer even willing to commit to any price at all, let alone a discount. I got told "we'll determine market value when the truck arrives" or some variant thereof 6 different times. Why would I agree to pay an unknown amount of ADM vs 4% below invoice?

That's exactly why I hunted around I wasn't looking for 5000 off I was looking for a deal where i knew they wouldn't wouldn't be charge 5000 ADM on top of everything else

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
This country was built on competition. It allowed the consumer to shop prices and it kept inflation low. What is disturbing about Mark's Tweet is how cavalier he is in his statement about "98%". Here's a "98%" back to Levine. That is the % of small businesses that DRIVES the US economy. Ford, build the Bronco and honor your agreement to the thousands of fans that went through YOUR defined protocols and move forward with production. You will save yourself in the LONG run.
This back and forth has diminished the good faith between us, the dealers, and FORD. Now I will return to my FORD hammock and dream about what might have been.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I made a comment months ago about how Granger was never going to be able to fill their orders for years to come and they should come out and tell their disciples the reality of the numbers.

I WAS ROASTED, ROASTED on this site from a few arrogant and nasty Grangerites. My comments were actually removed because I was arguing this exact scenario that is playing out right now.

Maybe this comment will be removed also. I learned you cant question a site sponsor, even if its true.

Good luck everyone!
You were roasted for providing information in direct 180° contrast to the promises Ford had made. You were right to be roasted then (as current information disputed you) and you are right to gloat now, as Ford has gone completely back on what they said.

Both things can be true, you can be wrong then and right now. You weren't predicting the future like you seem to be claiming, you took a guess with zero information. The fact that you got one right does not make you Nostradamus, but it does give you a certain leverage to feel holier than thou if you so choose to be the type of person who revels in the dismay of others.

Sponsored

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's been a rollercoaster of emotions since placing my reservation in 2020. I just don't think I can do it with this company any longer. I've told pretty much everyone I've ever known that I was getting a Bronco, now when they ask I'll have to tell them why I'm not. This isn't me trying to drag Ford's name through the mud, but the truth is the truth. I'll never participate in a reservation system with any of the big American car companies again knowing how they can change the rules whenever they'd like due to their allocation numbers. It's a shame.

On the plus side, this was going to be my daily driver and gas will probably be over $4 a gallon in a year, so me not buying should save me money in more ways than one. Even with that said, I would have happily given them my 50-60k to own this truck. I'll hold out a bit longer in hopes they change their position, but it seems like a lost cause at this point.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not bragging about anything. I am pointing out that people made decisions that put themselves where they are.
You're damn right I did, and I made those decisions on the information Ford provided me. Now, you're implying that I'm the one at fault. That's a dick move right there buddy.

Last edited:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fords issue is they a penalizing ALL the small dealerships just to knock out the special incentives by those dealers who are trying to grow business. Maybe Ford should have kept X plan, bunch of clowns are still running the dealer ponzi scheme. I dont think even a 1000 orders is that freaking big when looking at the overall picture its not even 1%.
I agree, and we need to remind Ford there are others out there that they screwed over, and above their targeted dealer Granger. My local home town Ford dealer is getting the shaft also. I'm guessing his reservations were less than 50, and he still won't get enough Broncos in '22 to fill them. Very sad move on Fords part.
Exactly. My dealer is small. They only had 7 or 8 reservations, and still selling at MSRP. I am afraid that if people switch from the "big 3" to another dealer with lots less orders, they will still get screwed because of the way the new allocation formula works. That formula ONLY benefits the big volume dealers. I think it is CRAP that Ford changed the rules. My dealer got his first mannequin FIVE days ago. "Big dealers" have both already. He has more new Fords on the lot right now than I have seen there in over a year. He has 7. He has been consistently at 3 for at least the last year.
I should have mine by Dec., but that does not make me any less angry.
If you are near central Va, Give the folks at Tri-County Ford in Keysville, Va a call. 434-736-8444. They gaurantee MSRP on 2022 Broncos and Lightnings. They are great people with a fantastic service dept.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmmm. Who knew that having everyone pick the same dealer was a bad idea. I'd rather support my local dealer. There's absolutely no reason to pick any dealer that's more than 200 miles away, so for all those out of state buyers - that's on you.
Agreed, but in my area (Chicago, many dealers to choose from), I couldn't find one that would commit to any pricing (MSRP included). I contacted dealers in smaller towns within an hour, with similar response. After wasting upwards of 2 weeks searching, I said "F it" and reserved with Granger. I tried, as did many others who ended up at the "special deal" dealers.

I hope you don't have the ADM bullshit pulled on you when you show up to your chosen dealer. No one should go through that either, but I guess.... that would be on you. Right?

Sponsored

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering all of the posters that are posting that all the dealers in their area i.e. in Chicago 5 dealers are marking up and treating customers poorly, those of us that are being treated properly are fortunate. Maybe we need a thread about positive dealer experiences that spread the word on all the other dealers that are doing well by their customers. Tuttle Click has treated me well.

I think I actually started a thread like this as I had a great experience with my dealership...and it got zero responses. :ROFLMAO: People really like to bitch far more than they like to talk about what went or is going well...

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got a call back from Granger. Basically my res. with them is #861 or something and I couldn't expect a Bronco for 3 to 4 years at the current rate. Needless to say I moved the order to my local dealer at MSRP.
You might be the first successful "move". How did you go about it? Ford CSR's have said they can't do anything and must get approval before allowing it? I'm sure many would like to know how you made this happen.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I made a comment months ago about how Granger was never going to be able to fill their orders for years to come and they should come out and tell their disciples the reality of the numbers.

I WAS ROASTED, ROASTED on this site from a few arrogant and nasty Grangerites. My comments were actually removed because I was arguing this exact scenario that is playing out right now.

Maybe this comment will be removed also. I learned you cant question a site sponsor, even if its true.

Good luck everyone!
Well, that’s a cute premise you dreamed up in your head. Granger did business based on what 2021 looked like and it changed for 2022. Everything you said back then was nonsense just like you claiming you’re smart now is nonsense. But I guess yay for you?

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope you don't have the ADM bullshit pulled on you when you show up to your chosen dealer. No one should go through that either, but I guess.... that would be on you. Right?
Every Ford apologist in here better hope their dealers don't pull last second ADM on them for all the shit they are talking about how we "deserved it".

When we play by the rules in place, it's not our fault when they change the rules.

But rough numbers 1/4 of the posts in here are "told ya sos" bragging about how they found an MSRP dealer and are getting theirs sooner.

Did you? Did you really "find" an MSRP dealer? or did you check 2 dealers, get lucky that one of them was willing to verbally commit to MSRP and call it a day. Don't any of them dare pull a "told ya so" on this thread and then come back complaining about ADM.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1.) I didn't order through Granger for the deal, I did it because my two local dealers are brothers-in-law, both crooks, and wouldn't even talk to me about my Bronco reservation. And like most people, I am staying there because I can't get honest deals IN WRITING from my local dealers.
2.) Almost everyone with Granger knew it would add time and travel to this process, but by Ford's original allocation formula I would have had my Bronco in 2022, but the new formula puts me at 2024 or 2025. Part of Granger allowing so many orders was 50% of the original allocation formula was based on Bronco orders and Ford has cut that portion in half to 25%.
3.) I've never gloated about Granger's deal or insulted anyone paying MSRP, but I have gloated about their honesty, integrity, and helpfulness. I'm happy for you if you were able to procure a Bronco for MSRP, just as I would be happy to be able to buy one at MSRP as well. Even Granger Motors has often said that if you can find an honest deal locally that you should take it.
4.) I'm not asking for sympathy, but since you mention having no sympathy for people who switched to Granger and Stephens, do you have any sympathy for the people who have had dealers quote one price but add $5k or $10k to it once the Bronco showed up? Or the folks whose dealers flat out stole their reservation or canceled it without their permission? Or the ones who when the Bronco showed up, the dealer said they've had so many offers for it that they can't have it even though they ordered it?

Buying from Granger or Stephens or Chapman is a guarantee that you aren't going to get unexpectedly screwed. If I could find a dealer with a 50 mile radius of me who could guarantee that, I would buy from them.

I know a few dealers that are closer to me than Granger that are fairly trustworthy, but they are still out of town and I would still be doing everything by phone and email. But already, two of them have admitted to having a similar problem with allocation. Maybe not to the extent of Granger, but I still would have no chance of getting a 2022.

If you found a Ford dealer you can trust, I am happy for you. I honestly hope your dealer has less reservations than allocations and doesn't try to pull an shenanigans on you when your Bronco shows up.
I know you keep saying this and I know you believe it. What is also true is that many people actively posted about the deal and discounts. They actively sought to use the discount dealers as price leverage.

This was all openly discussed and talked about in real time, so I think your story is somewhat revisionist history, to be honest.
Sponsored