First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XL STX FX4
Occupation
Bartender
So I have been just as completely obsessed with the new Ranger as any of you here over the last few months. Just today though I realized that with my eyes peeled every second (EVERY second) wondering if I'm going to see one on the road that I have never mistook a Colorado/Canyon for one; a Tacoma once maybe (certainly wasn't from the front); and only occasionally an F150 (most of those coming directly from the rear). Seriously... the most often noticed "Is it a Ranger!?" truck almost always ends up being a RAM. o_O

This isn't a bad thing to me at all as I like the Ram's styling the best for full-size trucks; I just don't need or want a full-size. The Ranger seems to have very similar overall curves like the Ram as compared to the boxed, squared off lines of the F150. Of course, the details in the grill and light shapes, and other design specifics show the Ford relationship; but strictly comparing silhouettes I think the Ram is the nearest comparison.

So, anyone else think the 2019 Ranger looks more like a junior RAM than a baby F150? Or am a I crazy??? :crazy: And note, this IS coming from a guy who's never owned a truck and who certainly has no brand loyalty. I do love the new Ranger though and am excited to have one (placing an order this week!). Just figured this would make for an interesting, if possibly triggering, discussion. Haha!
Sponsored

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
So I have been just as completely obsessed with the new Ranger as any of you here over the last few months. Just today though I realized that with my eyes peeled every second (EVERY second) wondering if I'm going to see one on the road that I have never mistook a Colorado/Canyon for one; a Tacoma once maybe (certainly wasn't from the front); and only occasionally an F150 (most of those coming directly from the rear). Seriously... the most often noticed "Is it a Ranger!?" truck almost always ends up being a RAM. o_O

This isn't a bad thing to me at all as I like the Ram's styling the best for full-size trucks; I just don't need or want a full-size. The Ranger seems to have very similar overall curves like the Ram as compared to the boxed, squared off lines of the F150. Of course, the details in the grill and light shapes, and other design specifics show the Ford relationship; but strictly comparing silhouettes I think the Ram is the nearest comparison.

So, anyone else think the 2019 Ranger looks more like a junior RAM than a baby F150? Or am a I crazy??? :crazy: And note, this IS coming from a guy who's never owned a truck and who certainly has no brand loyalty. I do love the new Ranger though and am excited to have one (placing an order this week!). Just figured this would make for an interesting, if possibly triggering, discussion. Haha!
Crazy! Closest to F150 but easy to tell when you see RANGER on the tailgate or front of hood.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I have owned 3 F-150s (new) in a row since I bought my 1993 F-150. Swapped for the 97 F-150 when they came out with that body style and then the 2004 F-150 when that body style came out. Always said if I was going to own a 1/2 ton pickup, it would be an F-150. Some of the more recent F-150s styling cues have looked okay to me. But the interiors have gotten more boxey looking and the dash area looking like big blocks.

I really like the interior and exterior of the Ranger. it doesn't look old or outdated to me. Plan on keeping this truck for 15 plus years like the last F-150 unless it proves me wrong.

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

I’m the same way! My wife laughs at me every time I yell “Ranger!” while driving – then asks me how many more days...?

I agree that Ranger resembles more closely to the Ram than F-150 from the exterior – though the global Ranger design has been around longer than the current Ram or F-150. But I actually do a double-take every time a Durango pulls up behind me at a traffic light – especially at night with the LED lights on.

See for yourself:

FEA72429-08C9-4160-B94C-AB81F6105858.jpeg

F16CCC85-5438-45E4-BFDD-EECDB01B9DA2.jpeg

95A5F015-11CE-44AD-BD96-9D5E0D43C3EC.jpeg

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Wow, I was in denial about the Ranger looking like a baby Ram until I read these posts. I saw a Ram today and thought, it does look like grown up Ranger.
Sponsored