Sponsored

My FE Reservation was 99’d, Being Offered a Bronco Raptor Reservation - Could use some advice

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry if this has been covered, but I've been MIA on this site. My FE reservation ended up deferred (99) and I'm now being offered a Bronco Raptor in its place.

I can't find much info on the Raptor and the dealer couldn't confirm anything as well other than it is going to be expensive and they are probably going to sell for MSRP.

With the craziness around allocations, I probably was more likely to get the FE because Ford at least committed to building the 7000 right? I could change to Raptor and maybe the dealer doesn't get allocated that many Bronco Raptors???

What prevents my dealer from saying $30K ADM once it arrives or when the order is placed?

When the details around the Raptor come out, and if I don't like either the price or specs, my dealer thought I could probably switch to another model but wasn't sure.

Would I have any bargaining potential by being able to move my reservation if dealer didn't honor MSRP at time of order?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You might want to double-check that you still have a reservation. Ford was cancelling all unbuilt FEs (those that '99'd their order). You were given an opportunity to change your reservation to a lower trim before the MY'22 order banks rolled over. Your dealer should have contacted you.

OP
OP
SliderJack

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You might want to double-check that you still have a reservation. Ford was cancelling all unbuilt FEs (those that '99'd their order). You were given an opportunity to change your reservation to a lower trim before the MY'22 order banks rolled over. Your dealer should have contacted you.
Thanks. They did. It was changed to a lower model and now to a Bronco Raptor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SliderJack

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If they’re willing to offer up a raptor at MSRP of course take it. Just make sure you get a signed purchase agreement detailing selling price fees and taxes when that info is released.
I agree, that's my plan. Signed agreement on price at time of order!

I'd guess if they wont honor MSRP at that point then I switch to a lower model or dealer? Just hoping one of those options are available I guess...

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stinks this happen to you Jack. From my understanding the dealers were made aware of this with the FEs prior to them being canceled which means that did in fact drop the ball. While it is more expensive, I would absolutely take them up on an MSRP Bronco Raptor. Few things I would do is:
  • Get it in writing they will sale it to you at MSRP and have the dealership's GM sign it along with you to help protect you from a potential change of heart at the end.
  • Find out where you are in the Raptor line. They will sale you one at MSRP but that doesn't mean it will be a '22 LOL
  • Get your butt on here and follow the updates LOL! Alot of times the forum post information prior to it being out in the public so can know when things need to be done and what changes you might need to make to your order to insure you get it.
Look forward to hearing your progress in the pursuit of the Bronco Raptor!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree, that's my plan. Signed agreement on price at time of order!

I'd guess if they wont honor MSRP at that point then I switch to a lower model or dealer? Just hoping one of those options are available I guess...
Like someone else on here said, they should of switched you to a lower model already. If they didn’t your reservation is cancled.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don’t be surprised if the msrp on that raptor is in the $90-100k range.
Doubtful. Remember they have a competitor that starts at $73000 with 470hp. If they think the 3.0 TT is gonna cut it they better go back to the drawing boards also.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubtful. Remember they have a competitor that starts at $73000 with 470hp. If they think the 3.0 TT is gonna cut it they better go back to the drawing boards also.
Agree with this.

Plus the F150 Raptor starts under 70k and I would suspect they start the Bronco Raptor under the F150 version.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP
OP
SliderJack

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stinks this happen to you Jack. From my understanding the dealers were made aware of this with the FEs prior to them being canceled which means that did in fact drop the ball. While it is more expensive, I would absolutely take them up on an MSRP Bronco Raptor. Few things I would do is:
  • Get it in writing they will sale it to you at MSRP and have the dealership's GM sign it along with you to help protect you from a potential change of heart at the end.
  • Find out where you are in the Raptor line. They will sale you one at MSRP but that doesn't mean it will be a '22 LOL
  • Get your butt on here and follow the updates LOL! Alot of times the forum post information prior to it being out in the public so can know when things need to be done and what changes you might need to make to your order to insure you get it.
Look forward to hearing your progress in the pursuit of the Bronco Raptor!
Thanks! The dealer overall has been looking out for me and contacting me when needed. That's why my res wasn't cancelled and why they now are offering me a Raptor as an option.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you can get a Raptor at MSRP, take it. The Raptor is sold as a Ford Performance vehicle so the dealer allocations are completely different. Not all dealers will get allocations. If your dealer is currently getting F150 Raptors he will likely be getting Bronco Raptors. Get everything in writing.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To clarify a few things here. It is Ford corporate offering the Raptor to FE orders that got screwed by the dealer. No need to worry about allocation for these guys. If you think you might take them up on the offer, i would quit talking about intentionally 99’ing the order.

I would also get MSRP in writing. Even though this is meant as an “I’m sorry” program, dealers are going to be foaming at the mouth next year to get a warthog and the ADMs will be insane. Protect yourself now.
Sponsored