Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that they are on a trail with the "mall crawler" Bronco with "pizza cutter" tires. Good reminder that every trim of Bronco with every potential set of options is a capable offroad vehicle for most applications. Like this is the least you can expect out of the Bronco.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I was younger I used to think this was malice. Now I know that no one cares and they just use whatever is sent to them with no effort to learn better. /sad shrug

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn't even know there were 2 door defenders

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco vs 2-Door Defender Comparison Review Video by Edmunds DCD18FE7-D1B3-4C67-819E-7E33FB70D837

limp wristed minivan dash shifter …

Sponsored

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that they are on a trail with the "mall crawler" Bronco with "pizza cutter" tires. Good reminder that every trim of Bronco with every potential set of options is a capable offroad vehicle for most applications. Like this is the least you can expect out of the Bronco.
Indeed. It's also fun to look back at the original Broncos and consider the engines and their output, the wheels and tires, and fun features like, "Hey kids, get out and lock the front hubs for dad, will you?!"

As we take delivery of our turbocharged engines with 35" Sasquatch packages and electronically- engaged differentials and so many other amazing features, I like reminding myself that people had fun in really basic rigs that were very capable in the right hands.

I was one of the little kids getting out to manually lock the hubs. :D

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco vs 2-Door Defender Comparison Review Video by Edmunds Ford-Bronco-1966-1600-03

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco vs 2-Door Defender Comparison Review Video by Edmunds 5922

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco vs 2-Door Defender Comparison Review Video by Edmunds 3e841823221b201569194f48e26c9646

Last edited:

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Indeed. It's also fun to look back at the original Broncos and consider the engines and their output, the wheels and tires, and fun features like, "Hey kids, get out and lock the front hubs for dad, will you?!"

As we take deliver of our turbocharged engines with 35" Sasquatch packages and electronically- engaged differentials and so many other amazing features, I like reminding myself that people had fun in really basic rigs that were very capable in the right hands.

I was one of the little kids getting out to manually lock the hubs. :D

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco vs 2-Door Defender Comparison Review Video by Edmunds 3e841823221b201569194f48e26c9646

Very well-said. Thank you for that! Nothing wrong with a non-Squatch BB with the 4-cyl, as long as you get the locking rear end.

EndersRide

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody have cliff's notes? not watching for 1/2 hour...
Just watch the last 1:08. All you really need from this one, as the rest is covered in better videos or a trip to off roadeo with a more capable vehicle than the one critiqued herein. Even the mall crawler was found to be more of a successor to the original Defender than…well…the new Defender.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody have cliff's notes? not watching for 1/2 hour...
The Bronco is the more serious off road vehicle due to better tire, skid plate, sway bar disconnect and locker options, but it isn’t quite as refined interior wise or on road. You can also take the doors and roof off and carry a superior amount of cargo.

The Defender has a nicer interior, better acceleration, and finer on road manners. Off roading isn’t bad due to the air suspension and smart 4x4 system, but the small tire sidewalls (see TFL for some popped Defender tires on the trail), and lack of ground clearance is an issue. Plus, they aren’t cheap (can be $15k more).

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody picked up on that's the new red color
Sponsored