Ozark

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m being told by my dealer that Ford’s order bank is having an issue and therefore cannot save a build to convert the changes for the 2022 order. Anyone else running into the ordering system being uncooperative during the 2022 conversion process?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m being told by my dealer that Ford’s order bank is having an issue and therefore cannot save a build to convert the changes for the 2022 order. Anyone else running into the ordering system being uncooperative during the 2022 conversion process?
I'm getting similar feedback from my dealer. They said the Ford dealer site is down.

Sponsored

Ozark

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting similar feedback from my dealer. They said the Ford dealer site is down.
That’s good to hear. Well the part where maybe the dealers are telling the truth that is. Not so good to hear that orders are running into more problems.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s good to hear. Well the part where maybe the dealers are telling the truth that is. Not so good to hear that orders are running into more problems.
I tried putting in a new order with my dealer today and I was told that they are only doing 21 to 22 conversions right now and that the order banks are not open yet for new orders. The truth is, nobody knows what the hell is going on. They did print out my build and take a deposit and said that they will put in the order as soon as they are able to.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keyless entry keypad is body color!!
OK, I need some advice. I have never owned a Ford and never used a keyless entry keypad.

I see the keyless entry keypad on the Bronco is a mechanical/electrical device on the door, while on other newer Ford vehicles, it is an "invisible" touchad near the B-pillar. The touchpad is much more sleek.

Why and when is this keypad useful/convenient? Cost is not an issue ($110), but have these mechanical/electrical devices historically been reliable for years and years and in all types of weather/conditions?

Thanks!

El4short

Big Bend
First Name
Elrond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK, I need some advice. I have never owned a Ford and never used a keyless entry keypad.
Why and when is this keypad useful/convenient? Cost is not an issue ($110), but have these mechanical/electrical devices historically been reliable for years and years and in all types of weather/conditions?

Thanks!
I've had a 2009 Escape 4x4 with the keypad and it's never failed me over 12 years, 256K miles, and lots of driving/off-roading (for picture taking) across the southwest. I'm usually in warm to hot weather, but there has been plenty of cold-weather driving too. The keypad has bailed me out once when I locked the keys inside, and it comes in handy when I need to quickly grab something in the car without having to get the keys. I didn't order one for my Big Bend, but in my experience it's very reliable.

Sponsored

BroncoMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received an email from Ford Motor Co about placing an order; in their email they mentioned that the Raptor and Everglades will be available in the summer of 2022. This made me excited to say the least. The next day I got an email from the designated dealer so I replied asking them about how I would be able to order the Bronco Raptor - their reply said the Raptor is NOT part of the reservation program and that they are only going to be dealer allocations which they admitted they will mark up the MSRP by a lot of money. Has anyone else heard this? Wish that Bronco6G could elevate this issue to give it more publicity so IF true Ford will change their mind.

rrosica41

Black Diamond
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got back from my dealer and was able to update my MY21 to a MY22 order with no problem. No problems with the order system. Changed mine from a 4 door Black Diamond to a 4 door Badlands. A 9 month wait gave me time to decide I wanted the badlands instead! I also got confirmation from my dealer that they have no plans to charge above MSRP since I know many were having that problem.

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

No reservation, who could I get my 2DR from sooner, Maxwell or Covert, both in Austin?
@Patriotic - Not 100% sure to be honest. Even though I live up north, I went with Maxwell for my Bronco order. I have heard very good reports from new bronco owners about Maxwell and them sticking to MSRP. How the two compare for allocations, no clue.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IT. HAS. BEGUN.

Now we wait. ;-)

bronco order.JPG

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had a 2009 Escape 4x4 with the keypad and it's never failed me over 12 years, 256K miles, and lots of driving/off-roading (for picture taking) across the southwest. I'm usually in warm to hot weather, but there has been plenty of cold-weather driving too. The keypad has bailed me out once when I locked the keys inside, and it comes in handy when I need to quickly grab something in the car without having to get the keys. I didn't order one for my Big Bend, but in my experience it's very reliable.
Thanks for the feedback! Your comment about quickly grabbing something in the car convinced me. I was think about working in the yard and needing something in the truck, then having to open the garage, go inside to find/grab the keys, close the garage, etc.

On a related note, I tried to discuss with my wife the other scenarios where this keypad would be handy and we could purposely leave the keys in the car because we didn't want to lose them (bike trail, beach, etc.). So my wife asked if we are driving with the roof/doors off, do we have to put the driver door back on and lock it up when we get on the beach? Clearly she is tired of me talking about this imaginary Bronco of mine for the last 15 months!
Sponsored