First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Total newby question, but if I end up getting a package with the 8 inch screen, how easy/difficult is it to upgrade to a 12 inch screen later? If it is 3rd party, would it have all the same sync features?
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Total newby question, but if I end up getting a package with the 8 inch screen, how easy/difficult is it to upgrade to a 12 inch screen later? If it is 3rd party, would it have all the same sync features?
You will have to get a trim level where you can add the High package. This is only available from the OB on up.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sync is a ford system, if there is an aftermarket unit there can fit it will have a different features set (maybe more features, maybe less, probably less integration with the car itself...).
Then you’ll need to hope for a trim to adjust to the unit assuming the dash doesn’t have to be cut...

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Going from an 8 to a 12" would be very expensive. The way the Bronco dash is built you would need a whole new facade unlike a normal after market dash kit which is just the frame in the middle of the dash. If you go 8" and want bigger later, there will be aftermarket head units with bigger floating screens as well as iDatalink Maestro units to tie those after market head units into the sync bus and retain those features and normally adds more like full TPMS monitoring and custom gauges on the radio.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You sound like my ex, "8"wasn't enough for her ?

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The way the Bronco dash is built you would need a whole new facade unlike a normal after market dash kit which is just the frame in the middle of the dash.
The 8” looks like it has a bezel over it in the photos I’ve seen so it’s presumably in the 12” hole. That makes sense, versus producing 2 different dash fascias. The 12” in prototypes has a very clean look that I really like. Wonder what a 12” Ford screen will cost from dealer or other supplier?

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 8” looks like it has a bezel over it in the photos I’ve seen so it’s presumably in the 12” hole. That makes sense, versus producing 2 different dash fascias. The 12” in prototypes has a very clean look that I really like. Wonder what a 12” Ford screen will cost from dealer or other supplier?
Yah, looking at it again, looks like a filler plate around the 8" screen. Dash wise that would be easy to remove and put the 12" in. Your second question is the better question. How much would Ford charge for the 12" screen. My guess is about $1295. I know my 8" Sync screen on my explorer is about $1000 to replace.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will have to get a trim level where you can add the High package. This is only available from the OB on up.
It’s filler around the 8 screen. It’s easy to go to the 12 soon as aftermarket is ready. But you will lose sync.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your second question is the better question. How much would Ford charge for the 12" screen. My guess is about $1295.
I bet $2k to start off - retail from dealer. With some time, should be places to get them cheaper. I personally wouldn’t want to go aftermarket.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
short answer is no.

I only know of 1 company that has done it with GM products and even then you're talking about $5k-$10k. On top of that, you if there is a malfunction, you're out of luck

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s filler around the 8 screen. It’s easy to go to the 12 soon as aftermarket is ready. But you will lose sync.
Yah, may take a bit for iDataLink and others to offer the Maestro units that will tie an aftermarket system into the Sync data bus to retain those features.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't think it is an easy swap, at least not a cheap one. People on the edge forum were swapping to get the new snyc version which pairs with the screen.

You have to swap the screen, computer that pairs with it, and mounting hardware. It's going to be 2k minimum and might have other issues arise.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The cheapest route if you really want a 12 inch screen is to get a bronco model/package that has a 12 in.

if you go the after market route your talking about several thousand dollars and you will more than likely void large parts of your factor warranty

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Once they have an iDataLink Maestro for the Bronco you will be able to replace the radio with an aftermarket radio and retain some if not all of the Sync features.

Example for my Ford Explorer:
https://maestro.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/102

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
People on the edge forum were swapping to get the new snyc version which pairs with the screen.
Both the 8 and 12 are running sync 4 so that may make the larger screen plug and play.
Sponsored