Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats buddy! Very close to the same build as you. I also am planning on going to Badlands once I get mine. I am moving to NC in Nov. (Waynesville & Burnsville). Where are you located? In the meantime, enjoy!!
I lived in Sanford NC just north of fort bragg. I’m in Washington now. Tacoma area

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

get one of these hood protectors installed .... (not the smooth ones but the ones with a lip on it) at speed it creates an upward air flow that pushes most bugs over the roof.

the vertical windshield is a bug magnet and the first 2 weeks the glass was peppered with dead bugs .... installed a protector and i can see the results now on the 3rd week .... day n night

1634406254995.png
Do you have a picture of it installed on yours?

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have my order yet but I am getting glass coverage through my insurance bc the windshield is more vertical than over suv's
I got something with the additional warranty that says it covers interior and exterior. I’ll have to read thru it and see if it covers the glass

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great report. I just committed to a Thanksgiving trip in our new BL…..10 hrs one way from Philly to Seneca SC with wifey and our 80lbs Golden retriever. Didn’t know about the headlight moisture issue so glad I learned that tidbit here. I’m fully expecting to catch a rock one of these days, these windshields have almost zero rake. thanks again, very helpful thread!

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice rig and road trip, that rock on the windshield sucks. Welcome to WA. If you're in the dry eastside, stay cool, if on the wet westside, stay dry 😂.
I’m on the west side in the Tacoma area. Stationed at fort Lewis now

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My insurance company is going to love my glass coverage because they are gonna replace it every time it cracks lol

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great report. I just committed to a Thanksgiving trip in our new BL…..10 hrs one way from Philly to Seneca SC with wifey and our 80lbs Golden retriever. Didn’t know about the headlight moisture issue so glad I learned that tidbit here. I’m fully expecting to catch a rock one of these days, these windshields have almost zero rake. thanks again, very helpful thread!
I laid down the back seats and covered the whole back area with a moving blanket and i used 2 of my old couch cushions as dog beds for them. Worked out perfectly. We ended up sleeping in it one of the nights. My daughter climbed in the back with the dogs and i reclined the passenger seat all the way back and it was pretty comfortable. It was 28° and snowing and we stayed warm and dry.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, our Land Rover was the same. Went through windshields like crazy. Never chipped always cracked.
I wonder if any of those front hood deflectors would help?

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery on October 5th and headed out on my cross country move 5 days later. Drove from NC to WA. 5 days almost 3000 miles. My 13 year old daughter and 2 50-60lbs dogs rode with me.

I gotta say it handled amazing and it was such a comfortable ride. I averaged between 17-18mpg. ECO mode didn’t really seem to make a difference between normal mode. I kept the same average mpg in both modes.

The road noise with the soft top wasn’t too terrible except coming across SD when the winds were gusting at 65mph.

It was raining one of the days and everything inside stayed dry. I did notice some moisture building up in the headlights so I’m gonna have the dealer check that out and see what they will do about it and i caught a rock to the windshield and now have a nice crack that is spreading more everyday.

I was excited to drive thru the Badlands national park and get a few pictures of my Badlands in the Badlands lol. I drove thru snow heading up the mountain to Mount Rushmore and coming across Wyoming. The snow wasn’t bad it was the black ice once the sun went down and i had a oh sh@t moment when i went sideways… it handled it very well i was just lucky there were no cars coming the other way.

Overall it was a great trip with only a few minor hiccups. I do wish there was more cup holders 🤷🏻‍♂️

F49A5B09-0896-4E3B-9415-FE9F918E6098.jpeg

E0831F28-B7C1-43FD-B954-FD9C81855E5B.jpeg

31C99C2C-5C46-47CD-967E-EEE343E5F8F1.jpeg

6EA85370-680E-4146-8B43-0B3D5F881E10.jpeg

8D41DD04-AF1C-4938-B8DC-124B8B07B9F9.jpeg

77799675-64E8-403D-85AE-B32DB453EDB0.jpeg
i heard folks predicting the windshield would be vulnerable to rocks and cracks, i guess it sits kind of vertcle

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It honestly could of been one of the giant bugs that that i hit. Once i seen the angle of the windshield i knew i was going to have issues with cracks. They don’t deflect they just hit straight on.
LOL, I caught one of those flying bugs in SD on my Harley, hit me on the side of the nose and I had a scab for a week 😉
Sponsored