First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to get paint protection film on my MY 22 Bronco, but not sure if I want to go the Ford route or aftermarket.

$295 is pretty cheap for hood and corner fenders ,but I would also like to add the lower rocker panels. Not sure if I should split the effort (Ford and aftermarket installer) or go all aftermarket.

Thanks for any inputs.
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do it aftermarket. There’s more options and you may decide (rightly so) that it’s worth covering more of the vehicle.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
skip the cheap 3M, go with what this guy went with..
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ped-my-carbonized-gray-badlands-bronco.25749/

XPEL self healing PPF is magic. It will cost a little bit more, but I saw a demo live in person where they went ham on it with a steel brush and it was good as new not long after. I bet I can find a recorded version for ya..

How well does it work day to day? I dunno, but my detail guy swears by it and has it on his VERY expensive car.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was gonna put it on my order too but ultimately decided against it. Ideally you would do a paint correction first then apply a PPF. I just don’t trust everything to be done right at the factory

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would stay away from the factory ppf and go with XPEL. I’ve read a lot about PPF on here, but I haven’t seen anybody discuss how the film affects paint fading. If you only do certain parts of the truck, will the uncovered parts fade differently than the protected parts?

Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting mine wrapped with Xpel next week. $ 2250. Canadian .For a full wrap. Did my 2018 Mustang and this film really has protected the paint. Very easy to wash and wax.

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
skip the cheap 3M, go with what this guy went with..
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ped-my-carbonized-gray-badlands-bronco.25749/

XPEL self healing PPF is magic. It will cost a little bit more, but I saw a demo live in person where they went ham on it with a steel brush and it was good as new not long after. I bet I can find a recorded version for ya..

How well does it work day to day? I dunno, but my detail guy swears by it and has it on his VERY expensive car.
Maybe skip the “cheap” 3M but just know that 3M makes the same thing as xpel. I have it on my truck and it repairs itself easily! The price is almost identical as Xpel. I bought the 3M for my bronco and xpel for the headlights as they are cut already.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe skip the “cheap” 3M but just know that 3M makes the same thing as xpel. I have it on my truck and it repairs itself easily! The price is almost identical as Xpel. I bought the 3M for my bronco and xpel for the headlights as they are cut already.
Cheap as in cost, nothing against its performance. 3M invented this game AFAIK so I have zero doubts they still make a decent product.. With that said, I have 3M on my truck and its a constant chore to keep it from peeling off. Maybe it was an application error, not sure.. dealership did it. Its been enough of a pain that I found a new brand for the Bronco.

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cheap as in cost, nothing against its performance. 3M invented this game AFAIK so I have zero doubts they still make a decent product.. With that said, I have 3M on my truck and its a constant chore to keep it from peeling off. Maybe it was an application error, not sure.. dealership did it. Its been enough of a pain that I found a new brand for the Bronco.
They make different lines of PPF. The cost is almost identical as I said. You get an extra 6” on the 3M due to the size of the roll for the same price as Xpel. Again, it’s doing a wonderful job on my F150 and you cannot tell the difference between the xpel and 3M on my truck.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They make different lines of PPF. The cost is almost identical as I said. You get an extra 6” on the 3M due to the size of the roll for the same price as Xpel. Again, it’s doing a wonderful job on my F150 and you cannot tell the difference between the xpel and 3M on my truck.
Now you've convinced me to do more research. The XPEL is quite a bit more, depending on the application. Typical PPF areas are pretty similar in pricing but once you do custom, it gets $$$ around my parts. Ive done a few quotes now, just waiting on the vehicle.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered some 3M PPF from Amazon that's enough for the front of the hood and the fenders, should be pretty easy to install and if I mess up, not much $ lost.
On my 18 year old Tacoma the only chips I have in the paint are right at the front of the hood, so wrapping the rest would have been a waste of money (and long fallen off).
I'll do a first wash maybe this week (unless it does actually rain) and then claybar it, then put the PPF on the front of the hood and fenders and also have some for the door sills and the roll bar where the soft top might scratch. Then I'll apply Adam's graphene ceramic coat and see what happens. Never done any of these things, but none seem like rocket surgery, so willing to play and risk having tossed out less than $200 if I mess it all up, LOL. The paint won't peel off.

Not gonna spend thousands on wrapping or coating though, didn't buy a Lambo or a Koenigsegg here. Just could not justify that over accessories, but love to see what others do with their rigs nonetheless.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Getting mine wrapped with Xpel next week. $ 2250. Canadian .For a full wrap. Did my 2018 Mustang and this film really has protected the paint. Very easy to wash and wax.
In Austin, the hood, lights, front bumper, and mirrors is $1600. Add front fenders would be $2400 total. Add a-pillars, first 12" of the roof, door cups and door edges would run $3200 total.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In Austin, the hood, lights, front bumper, and mirrors is $1600. Add front fenders would be $2400 total. Add a-pillars, first 12" of the roof, door cups and door edges would run $3200 total.
This is helpful but man, that price...I'm still on the fence. Was considering the factory PPF but as someone mentioned, I'd be worried the paint would wear differently in the covered vs non-covered areas.
Sponsored