Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Extreme case scenario...

The PPF itself still looks pretty beat up. Of course if you have a protective layer and take it off, the protected surface would look better than the unprotected one.

Couldn't you just get a paint job for less?
Sponsored

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks really good!

Don't sweat the price, more protection is a great idea for a car that lives outside.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The PPF itself still looks pretty beat up. Of course if you have a protective layer and take it off, the protected surface would look better than the unprotected one.

Couldn't you just get a paint job for less?
This is extreme case scenario. I don't think any of us would put our Broncos through the kind of torture he put on that hood. It's not so much what the surface will look like in the end, but more of keeping the surface looking new throughout your use and ownership. The original paint still looking new 10 years from now if the PPF is removed is just an added bonus.

I plan on getting it done as well, mainly for the self-healing properties to protect from trail pinstriping or any other type of scratching, especially since my Bronco is black.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks really good, any idea if your insurance carrier will cover it if necessary?

Sponsored

WA_Wraps

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Skyline GTSt, 91 skyline GTS4, 06 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is extreme case scenario. I don't think any of us would put our Broncos through the kind of torture he put on that hood. It's not so much what the surface will look like in the end, but more of keeping the surface looking new throughout your use and ownership. The original paint still looking new 10 years from now if the PPF is removed is just an added bonus.

I plan on getting it done as well, mainly for the self-healing properties to protect from trail pinstriping or any other type of scratching, especially since my Bronco is black.

I'm an experienced vinyl installer and have worked in PPF shops as well. Look into kavaca..
Talk about self healing.

OP
OP

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks really good, any idea if your insurance carrier will cover it if necessary?
Haven't asked. I think I'd have a hard time getting it covered - but don't know.

I wonder if homeowner's would cover it . . .

Cardboardbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you tell us more about the photosync tint and ceramic treatment. So they tinted it and then applied a ceramic sealer to the windows? Does it help with heat or just for keeping clean?

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not too bad considering a brand

new paint job years later on the 1st 2021 Broncos.

Yeah but keep in mind these wraps do not last forever. Eventually they start to peel back at some of the edges, usually the more complicated bits go first. Also if you live in extreme climate (say, Phoenix) and the car is out a lot you might see some cracking and yellowing from that. So yeah they do help protect the paint against minor chips and stuff, and I've had satin wraps and love the look, but you're not zeroing out your cosmetic costs over time by doing a wrap. Maybe they are good for 3 years or so, but it will depend on your climate and how you store and use the car.

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks amazing! I was thinking about doing this with my cactus grey but was a little worried about longevity since I will be parking it outdoors. I know there isn't really a value to it when you consider the cost vs a new paint job but I love how the matte looks.

Sponsored

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the satin stainless look it now has. Looks Delorean-ish.

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah but keep in mind these wraps do not last forever. Eventually they start to peel back at some of the edges, usually the more complicated bits go first. Also if you live in extreme climate (say, Phoenix) and the car is out a lot you might see some cracking and yellowing from that. So yeah they do help protect the paint against minor chips and stuff, and I've had satin wraps and love the look, but you're not zeroing out your cosmetic costs over time by doing a wrap. Maybe they are good for 3 years or so, but it will depend on your climate and how you store and use the car.
Ya a new paint is probably cheaper.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I opted for a full wrap in Xpel Stealth satin / matte PPF (don't ask about what it cost - it was stupid (but I love it)).

Also did Photosync tint, and CP Gold ceramic treatment on the PPF/windows.

My wallet is a lot lighter. But I have a 1 of 1 Bronco at least for a few months.

Overall, I am a fan. Very little coloring difference, but there's less glare, and I think that helps the lines stand out. IMHO.

Plus, my bronco will be parked outdoors 24/7 so I ought to get my money's worth from the Xpel and ceramic.

3/4 view before:
Ford Bronco XPEL Stealth Satin PPF wrapped my Carbonized Gray Badlands Bronco screen-shot-2021-10-16-at-10-09-57-am-

Side view before:

Ford Bronco XPEL Stealth Satin PPF wrapped my Carbonized Gray Badlands Bronco screen-shot-2021-10-16-at-10-09-57-am-

Side view after:

Side view after:

3/4 view after:

Some bonus pics - and yes, you can still see the sparkle. Pics don't do it justice.

A bonus pic with a Defender in the background:

Cool! Been waiting to see a gray matte, almost did it myself! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Xpel comes with a 10 year warranty.

If it peels/bubbles/yellows, the installer will replace it.
Sponsored

Reactions: GMC