Sponsored

As much as it pains me to write this, I think that I have finally been pushed too far...

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
and it cost 100K
If readily available, that's not a factor. The only negative I see with the new Defender is that it doesn't currently come in a removable or soft top configuration.
Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even having a day two reservation, I knew that this process would take time. So, I settled in the the "long haul". Having said that, given the highly optioned Wild Trak build that I ordered in February 2021, I was soon pushed to the 2022 pile. Then, shortly thereafter and with Ford's ongoing hardtop issues (I ordered dual tops with painted hard top), my build was pushed to the 2023 pile. "OK, that's not cool, but whatever..." Then, the ultimate insult came this past Friday when my dealer called to convert my order from the existing 2021 to....well who knows at this point. During our brief conversation, he informed me that the Antimatter Blue that I wanted from day one and, in fact, ordered my Wild Trak to be, has now been discontinued by Ford. Call me crazy, but that is the equivalent of a major smack to the face of a customer who had been ready and able to fork over north of $64,000 for a new Bronco. I have never seen such a disaster of a product launch. I'm sure there have been some, but none in which I had a personal stake. I have not yet cancelled my order and received my deposit back, but I'm eyeing my phone as I tap this out. Looking for any logical reason why I should not do so at this point.
You know I am in a very similar situation. WildTrak AMB with Modular Painted HT. Day two Reservation and ordered on the first day ordering opened. Been waiting like everyone else. So far have had three different sales people. The latest person seemed like she might be the savior....not! She has emailed me twice and I responded both times asking for a call or a sit down. Nothing but crickets. Today some other guy named Rob from the dealership calls. He was responding to a voice mail I left with my sales person. He did not know jack sh*t about the Bronco. He kept saying just follow the B&P. Then I asked him about the Modular hard top and he said there are no hardtops only soft tops and you can order a hard top later. Are these people rejects from McDonalds? He told me to call the inventory manager who by the way f'd up my order in the beginning and I had to go directly to Ford to get it corrected. Are there any dealers out there who know what they are doing (don't have their heads up their butts)? I won't even ask if there are any honest dealers out there. There is a special place in hell for car sales people! Thanks for letting me vent.

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You know I am in a very similar situation. WildTrak AMB with Modular Painted HT. Day two Reservation and ordered on the first day ordering opened. Been waiting like everyone else. So far have had three different sales people. The latest person seemed like she might be the savior....not! She has emailed me twice and I responded both times asking for a call or a sit down. Nothing but crickets. Today some other guy named Rob from the dealership calls. He was responding to a voice mail I left with my sales person. He did not know jack sh*t about the Bronco. He kept saying just follow the B&P. Then I asked him about the Modular hard top and he said there are no hardtops only soft tops and you can order a hard top later. Are these people rejects from McDonalds? He told me to call the inventory manager who by the way f'd up my order in the beginning and I had to go directly to Ford to get it corrected. Are there any dealers out there who know what they are doing (don't have their heads up their butts)? I won't even ask if there are any honest dealers out there. There is a special place in hell for car sales people! Thanks for letting me vent.
My favorite response yet! Sorry you are dealing with a bunch of the same shenanigans that I am.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco WT. ā€˜23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Switch to soft top OBX SAS and you get the same thing. I reserved one in July of this year and it will be built next month. Buy the hard top later.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$64k is too much for these things. I own a sas BD and the interior is kinda ass even for $47k that I paid.

Iā€™d get a defender if I was dropping that much $

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
doesnā€™t currently? So they will have a removable top in the future?

I suggest you go to TFL and watch the ordeal they went through with their defender

If readily available, that's not a factor. The only negative I see with the new Defender is that it doesn't currently come in a removable or soft top configuration.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure If you're aware, but you can't get a mod top until model year 2023
$64k is too much for these things. I own a sas BD and the interior is kinda ass even for $47k that I paid.

Iā€™d get a defender if I was dropping that much $
Do you have high or lux?
Is it the materials you don't like, or design?

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Do you have high or lux?
LUX

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have high or lux?
Right I am aware of the Mod top moving to 2023. This knucklehead I was speaking with at the dealership said he did not know anything about the modular top.

I ordered the Lux Package. Not sure what you mean about "Is it the materials you don't like, or design?"

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
doesnā€™t currently? So they will have a removable top in the future?

I suggest you go to TFL and watch the ordeal they went through with their defender
I think they'd be crazy not to offer that top versatility at some point. But, who knows?...

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a big one and really the only reason we pay up for Wranglers and Broncos.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly if I didn't have as early a reservation as I did, and get a VIN by now, I probably would have just ordered a cheap Maverick or maybe a ranger and waited a couple of years for the new shiny hype to die. My truck was old and needed to be replaced.

But I also don't care about being the first kid on the block with a new toy. And I also can't fathom settling for less than what you want just to get a Bronco earlier.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have high or lux?

Nah I have mid - but the The dash and doors arenā€™t changing regardless of what trim you get (exception of the screen). Itā€™s just what you get with an off road truck that has removable doors and roof. It will never truly be Lux inside. Thatā€™s why I think these things should be capped at like $40k lol

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The last brand new vehicle I bought was a 2004 Dodge RAM 1500 Big Horn. I bought it online from a local dealer. Went to the dealer to close the deal. All total took two days. This is just happy horse sh*t!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am similarly situated. But the discontinuing of a color is a big deal (regardless of when it was announced). It's simply insulting for someone willing to wait.
I hear you. If that color is a deal breaker, then I get it.

If they got rid of manual or 2dr, those would be deal breakers for me.
Sponsored