Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 3D printer so I decided to draw up and print a mini accessory rail. The picatinny rail section I had is only 5.5 inches but you can buy longer ones on amazon. (This is just what I had already).

I should put up the disclaimer that I don't have high hopes of this holding up on hot summer days but its not hot right now, and there's nothing on the market anyway!

So far it works great, just wrapped up a 1000 mile road trip up to Copper Harbor and back with well over 50 miles off-road. As well as an epic 3000+ mile road trip to Moab and back with some hardcore off-roading! Everything held firm and steady and it didn't take long for it to feel like a seamlessly integrated part of the Bronco.

The Rail: It is just a 5.5" 13 slot aluminum m-lok to picatinny rail adapter from amazon (part of a bundle I bought previously) and a 3D printed base. The rail has two screws which fasten it to the PLA base, but I also opted to add superglue to make sure the rail isn't coming off easily. I designed the base to use the same accessory mount and to fit firmly over the center pocket on the dash.

The phone mount: I am a huge fan of the magnetic phone mount, why people use anything else is beyond me (unless you are literally racing the baja 1000). I designed the mounts to fit with a generic amazon magnetic mount and included a slot so they can easily slide onto the pic rail. There is a bolt through the back of the mount to tighten it down once you have it in position.

Edit: I love this community and I want those with a printer feel free to enjoy these ideas, but my intention was not to provide free IP to printer farms. PM me if you want a copy of the original file for personal use or visit our new website if you want to purchase one like this or something else better!: Broken Innovation

Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) 1634585733909

Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) 1634585776350

Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) 1634585787746

Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) 1634585802762
Sponsored

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well shit. Now I have to buy a 3d printer. I was looking for a reason and you just gave me one. My wife is gonna be angry at you, so don't open any suspicious packages for a few weeks.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well shit. Now I have to buy a 3d printer. I was looking for a reason and you just gave me one. My wife is gonna be angry at you, so don't open any suspicious packages for a few weeks.
Its way easier to get into it than most people think!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its way easier to get into it than most people think!
Ive been looking for an excuse to buy one.. So far I came up with desk trinkets and jigs for woodworking. Not exactly exciting.

I thought I was going to have to make a device rail out of a nice wood, but for the same cost I can invest in 3d printing and I really like the way yours came out.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive been looking for an excuse to buy one.. So far I came up with desk trinkets and jigs for woodworking. Not exactly exciting.

I thought I was going to have to make a device rail out of a nice wood, but for the same cost I can invest in 3d printing and I really like the way yours came out.
Still, though, an ash wood rail couid be mighty nice. Some gray hardwood.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still, though, an ash wood rail couid be mighty nice. Some gray hardwood.
I will likely still do that, but prototyping with wood takes FOREVER compared to designing it in CAD and printing it out.

I already CAD all my woodworking projects before I build them so I comprehend the process without wasting material. Once I find a good design, I'll likely make it from wood..

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will likely still do that, but you prototyping with wood takes FOREVER compared to designing it in CAD and printing it out.

I already CAD all my woodworking projects before I build them so I comprehend the process without wasting material. Once I find a good design, I'll likely make it from wood..
Indeed, with a previous project the printer came in very handy.

3d print all initial prototype parts until you get it dialed in.

Then practice machining the parts in wood (figuring out the g-code and so on)

Then finish in aluminum. (for bike parts in my case)

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 3D printer so I decided to draw up and print a mini accessory rail. The picatinny rail section I had is only 5.5 inches but you can buy longer ones on amazon. (This is just what I had already).

I should put up the disclaimer that I don't have high hopes of this holding up on hot summer days but its not hot right now, and there's nothing on the market anyway!

So far it works great, just wrapped up a 1000 mile road trip up to Copper Harbor and back with well over 50 miles off-road. Everything held firm and steady and it didn't take long for it to feel like a seamlessly integrated part of the Bronco.

The Rail: It is just a 5.5" aluminum pic rail from amazon (part of a bundle I bought previously) and a 3D printed base. The rail has two screws which fasten it to the PLA base, but I also opted to add superglue to make sure the rail isn't coming off easily. I designed the base to use the same accessory mount and to fit firmly over the center pocket on the dash.

The phone mount: I am a huge fan of the magnetic phone mount, why people use anything else is beyond me (unless you are literally racing the baja 1000). I designed the mounts to fit with a generic amazon magnetic mount and included a slot so they can easily slide onto the pic rail. There is a bolt through the back of the mount to tighten it down once you have it in position.

I would consider selling these but honestly I can't imagine a price high enough to be worth my time, while being low enough that anyone else would want to pay for it, especially considering there's a high chance its going to look deflated come the first 90° day next summer.

Ford Bronco My Homemade Mini Accessory Rail for 2021 Bronco Dash (3D Printed) 1634585802762

Will you upload your .stl/.step's? and maybe share a link to the rail you used

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will you upload your .stl/.step's? and maybe share a link to the rail you used
I'll give it a bit more time to make sure I like it before posting it out like on thingiverse but if you want this version here you can PM me. I can't find my exact link but I am pretty sure this is what I bought: Amazon.com : Semedea Picatinny Rail Accessory Set Compatible with Mlok Systems, 3-Slot 5-Slot 7-Slot 13-Slot Aluminum Picatinny Rails Section with 9 T-Nuts & 9 Screws & Allen Wrench : Sports & Outdoors

in this case it is the 13 slot that I am using

Edit: I removed my link to the STL's as users on thingiverse were trying to sell for profit. PM me if you want the file or want to purchase the rail assembly.

Edit edit: I plan to improve the design and make a longer version. I will keep the improvements proprietary to sell them, PM if interested.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would buy this if it was available, looks good

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good, I would definitely consider buying one in a black color. You may have created a monster or a cash cow, haha.

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would you consider posting the file somewhere for download?
Sponsored