Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They do offer a warranty. my experience is that there may be practical issues with availing yourself of it. They get to choose who performs the warranty work and there is no guarantee that that place will be near you; if not, you'll have to pay to transport the vehicle there and back. Also, if the product fails, while they do have the option to replace it, they are not required to do so. They can fulfill their warranty obligations by removing the product without necessarily replacing it.

I only have a experience with a few vehicles, so I'm not in a position to say whether the issues I experienced were inherent to the product or were primarily the fault of my installer. My only point is that if you are trying to calculate the life cycle cost of protective film vs. paint repairs, the cost of protective film (beyond the initial cost) is not likely to be zero over a 10 year period.
Agree with your conclusion, but part of the reason I selected my installer (who likely was above the generally available market price) was because they value my relationship with them, have a shop full of McLarens and Porsches, and have a history (with me and others) of prioritizing customer satisfaction over nickel and diming. And I expect they'll be in business in 10 years.

Part of my calculus is not cost, but also convenience and visual appearance.

Yes, I could get the paint touched up with every rock chip/door ding, or get the vehicle painted again in 5 years - but I get both protection and a unique look up front.

Different strokes.

Edit to add: My installer does all warranty work on their applications.
Sponsored

MatteOBX

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m doing this to my 2dr CG when it arrives. Did you do the roll bars too? And pics with top off?

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 FE Cactus Gray; '22 GMC Yukon AT4;
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m doing this to my 2dr CG when it arrives. Did you do the roll bars too? And pics with top off?
I did not do the roll bars.

I am going to have them put a bit of clear PPF where we've seen rubbing when retracting the soft top, but I didn't think I needed the stealth PPF up there. Not to mention it's an incredibly difficult piece to successfully apply PPF to given the various screwholes, etc. - particularly with the mesh top installed (which I have).

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Considering a full ceramic coat was quoted for $1700 not including the wheels I’d be afraid to ask about PPF
If you haven't bought your Bronco yet I would consider talking price with your dealer. We got our Ceramic coating for $500 at time of purchase. They started out at $1500.

But this Wrap does look really nice. I love it.

Sponsored

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got an Area 51 that will be completed by Wednesday. Here’s a sneak peek at the difference. BTW…yours looks amazing 🤩!
Ford Bronco XPEL Stealth Satin PPF wrapped my Carbonized Gray Badlands Bronco 730E2C2D-A1B5-458D-B955-26F86E1245DA

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted for a full wrap in Xpel Stealth satin / matte PPF (don't ask about what it cost - it was stupid (but I love it)).

Also did Photosync tint, and CP Gold ceramic treatment on the PPF/windows.

My wallet is a lot lighter. But I have a 1 of 1 Bronco at least for a few months.

Overall, I am a fan. Very little coloring difference, but there's less glare, and I think that helps the lines stand out. IMHO.

Plus, my bronco will be parked outdoors 24/7 so I ought to get my money's worth from the Xpel and ceramic.
It looks awesome. Kinda makes me wish I had gone for this color and the wrap.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

would love to see this on eruption green.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn! Price around. I got full Xpel ceramic (including glass, plastics, wheels & soft top) with full interior detail for $1200. He used a different brand (System X) on the glass because he prefers it. Several weeks later and the windshield is still free of bug splatter and I live in the woods.

Congrats! Stealth has a real cool look. I really want to see a metallic in person.
So on the windshield is it a coating or an actual clear vinyl type material they use? Interested because I hate all the dang bug splatters on my window.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So on the windshield is it a coating or an actual clear vinyl type material they use? Interested because I hate all the dang bug splatters on my window.
Just a coating. Has to be reapplied - expecting every 6 months, but can be done yourself. Luckily my guy is nice enough to sell me the product and not take advantage. There are still some good people out there! I'll leave the professional application stuff to him.

Sponsored

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted for a full wrap in Xpel Stealth satin / matte PPF (don't ask about what it cost - it was stupid (but I love it)).

Also did Photosync tint, and CP Gold ceramic treatment on the PPF/windows.

My wallet is a lot lighter. But I have a 1 of 1 Bronco at least for a few months.

Overall, I am a fan. Very little coloring difference, but there's less glare, and I think that helps the lines stand out. IMHO.

Plus, my bronco will be parked outdoors 24/7 so I ought to get my money's worth from the Xpel and ceramic.

3/4 view before:
Ford Bronco XPEL Stealth Satin PPF wrapped my Carbonized Gray Badlands Bronco 730E2C2D-A1B5-458D-B955-26F86E1245DA

Side view before:

Side view after:

Side view after:

3/4 view after:

Some bonus pics - and yes, you can still see the sparkle. Pics don't do it justice.

A bonus pic with a Defender in the background:

Absolutely love it, and it's really easy to look at . I think the flake shows up even better, at least in photo's.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! And for the people focused on the price, I'm not sure how much you'd save DIYing it, but it may be significantly easier to do so with the removable panels...

I've watched a few videos and it seems like the hard part are the edges