Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I am. It’s not as nutty as someone comparing pushing an elderly person down the stairs to charging an ADM on an SUV as happened earlier in this thread.

And by every conceivable metric this SUV is more anticipated and exciting than the GT.

This is like being on a Tesla board. People just refuse to look at anything rationally.
Current status after reading your posts.

94a.jpg
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd exercise an ounce of due diligence to protect myself and the customer and have a dedicated form honoring the MSRP. It's not that hard. And this type of nonsense can be avoided.
So what you are saying is that the dealer knew better and could have protected both themselves and the customer... Right?

Instead, this dealer chooses to intentionally mislead the customer in order to extort more cash. Do you see the problem here?

There is nothing that is forcing the dealership to charge above MSRP. This thread wouldn't exist if they had charged MSRP... The OP wouldn't be here crying about not paying invoice.

Antimatter06

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd exercise an ounce of due diligence to protect myself and the customer and have a dedicated form honoring the MSRP. It's not that hard. And this type of nonsense can be avoided.
This type of nonsense can be avoided by simply: DCH Ford of Eatontown not being douchbags.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer is an asshole but it’s legal and the customer has no legal standing to complain. End of discussion.
At least he can admit he's an asshole...

giphy.gif

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So what you are saying is that the dealer knew better and could have protected both themselves and the customer... Right?

Instead, this dealer chooses to intentionally mislead the customer in order to extort more cash. Do you see the problem here?

There is nothing that is forcing the dealership to charge above MSRP. This thread wouldn't exist if they had charged MSRP... The OP wouldn't be here crying about not paying invoice.
Yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying and yes I do see the problem here.

But the OP also is complicit and handled this in a very poor manner.

As I’ve said many times I hope it works out for him but if it doesn’t he can blame himself for throwing a tantrum. And if I were the dealer, I’d have some strong words for him and his encouraging people to write bad reviews.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I am. It’s not as nutty as someone comparing pushing an elderly person down the stairs to charging an ADM on an SUV as happened earlier in this thread.

And by every conceivable metric this SUV is more anticipated and exciting than the GT.

This is like being on a Tesla board. People just refuse to look at anything rationally.
yup, rational is screwing people $10k+ and not letting them in on that fact until their vehicle arrives leaving them the options of abandoning a 1+ year reservation or being bent over by a piece of shit dealer.

Like I said, if you want to screw people let them know ahead of time so they can weigh their options. Anybody that thinks this is okay is either a moron or a dealer.

I also find it very suspect this is the only thread you have posted in so far. I hope you're really not the dealer because one day karma is going to wreck a person like that.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This type of nonsense can be avoided by simply: DCH Ford of Eatontown not being douchbags.
That would have been a valid argument prior to the OP having a tantrum and encouraging people to leave fake bad reviews. At this point, and without a purchase agreement or anything binding that says they have to give the OP first right of refusal, they should just wash their hands of him and not to sell it to him. He can go elsewhere.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yup, rational is screwing people $10k+ and not letting them in on that fact until their vehicle arrives leaving them the options of abandoning a 1+ year reservation or being bent over by a piece of shit dealer.

Like I said, if you want to screw people let them know ahead of time so they can weigh their options. Anybody that thinks this is okay is either a moron or a dealer.
Wait, is there a difference :unsure:

"DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN"

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I missed something didn’t I?
Recap: Babes in the woods ordered Broncos, without unambiguously nailing down prices they would pay. Crummy dealers who knew better, took advantage of the situation on delivery, by adding ADMs. Now everyone is mad and amateur lawyers, lol.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That would have been a valid argument prior to the OP having a tantrum and encouraging people to leave fake bad reviews. At this point, and without a purchase agreement or anything binding that says they have to give the OP first right of refusal, they should just wash their hands of him and not to sell it to him. He can go elsewhere.
That's right folk's, your Reservation is not Binding!

"DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN"

Last edited:

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Nobody has said it’s okay. But legally it holds water. The OP should have done his due diligence (because you knew when you ordered it that ADMs were to be expected) and the dealer should have done their due diligence and had paperwork signed by both parties. Both sides are complicit.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting take. The problem is that he signed the form and wrote why he signed it. It wasn’t a purchase agreement it was confirming that he wanted the dealer to order that vehicle with those options. No mention of price. Now I won’t speculate to how the court would handle what a “reasonable person” would have assumed by signing that. But him writing exactly why he’s signing is not in his favor. He could have wrote “I authorize dch to order the above bronco with the stated options and agree to pay MSRP upon delivery.” And then have the dealer sign it. Now it’s binding. Dealer loses in court, OP gets his Bronco at MSRP. Problem averted. Legal Stuff 101
Post with Price

Boy for claiming people can read or understand post(s), you sure as hell provided a document with price on it.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.