Sponsored

Manual Transmission on the 6 cylinder engine

Should Ford put the manual transmission on the 6 cylinder engine?

• Total voters

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s a lot of talk about Ford listening to the consumers. If you want a manual transmission for the bigger engine, let your voice be heard!
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should they? Yes.

Will they? Probably not.

If I’m being honest, I'm just happy they’re offering a manual at all. Outside of their sports/performance cars most of the American manufacturers seem to be abandoning manual transmissions altogether.

The only American manufacturer that even offered a manual transmission on a truck/SUV that I’m aware of was Jeep with the Wrangler. And I guess Jeep isn’t even truly an American manufacturer anymore.

Edit: Forgot about Chevy Colorado. Last I checked that was still offered in a manual. But only in the very basic trim level.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mgro

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does sound good…. I didn’t know that about the ranger. I’m a car enthusiast, but by no means an expert or a mechanic.

I like a big gas guzzling v8, they’re fun to drive and sound amazing.

You’re right though, if the v6 is performing better, what can I say to that? Focus of this poll is really to gauge interest in a manual for the bigger of the existing engines, I might have poorly worded it

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not like Ford enjoys declining money from willing enthusiasts.

If they're not offering it, it's because people who are smarter than you have determined it's not a viable/reliable combo. If that's the case, we really don't want it.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep/Sellantis sends the federal government a check for every V8 they sell over their corporate allowance... There is a cost to putting V8s in every product you manufacture when most have no need south of their ego, for such a product.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mgro

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep/Sellantis sends the federal government a check for every V8 they sell over their corporate allowance... There is a cost to putting V8s in every product you manufacture when most have no need south of their ego, for such a product.
And I respect them for doing it! Got a ‘12 SRT in the garage. Is it the fastest car on the road? Nope. Is it fast enough, fun, and does it sound amazing? Yep. Love it. No ego involved, but a v6, even if it was faster, would not provide the same rumble and thrill. Honestly, the V8 comment was just a goof, really wanted people to vote about a stick shift on the 2.7!