Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I take full responsibility for the consequences of my actions, Now I'm just trying to make sure it doesn't happen to other people.

Lets leave it at that.
That's fair. Don't beat yourself up too much. The outcome was likely going to be the same regardless of what happened with the negative reviews. It's clear that Ford is not going to do anything to prevent scumbag dealers from pulling this stunt on reservation holders. Your story surely won't be the last one on here.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That this post has gone this far is ridiculous. Given the OPs sudden change in tone, I'm guessing this may have become a legal matter

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can we just leave the poor OP alone? It’s like the Lord of the Flies in here, geez.
Your point is, of course, the mature one. I think a lot of us are bothered by the fact that the OP insulted Granger customers. Makes it hard to have much sympathy.

However, the OP is also getting screwed by a slimebag dealer, and that's not right, either.

The real bad guy here is Ford, which has the power to fix all of this, but simply won't.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's a crappy situation all around. Ford rolled out a reservation system without understanding the public's understanding of a reservation system. Dealerships approached the reservations as sales leads, instead of reservations, because that's what they know. And they behaved as they always do: greedy sharks who try to squeeze as much out of a customer as they possibly can.

If Ford's going to continue accepting reservations, some six-figure asshat in his fancy Michigan office should be studying how reservation systems work with other car companies and learning the public's understanding of how they work.

Then they need to figure out pricing with their dealerships. Can they charge ADM, and if so, is there a cap? Should they require a written contract between the customer and the dealership that includes final pricing before they accept an order? Can the dealership require a down payment, refundable or nonrefundable, and is there a cap?

Whatever they decide, that information needs to be made clear in the build and price tool, so people who see the MSRP number know whether or not that's the final price, because obviously, a lot of people missed that detail. Many thought a car salesperson's word was worth something too.

We expected a lot more transparency in this process, because that's the model that business is moving toward, but Ford is stuck in the past, or at least still serving - in fact, rewarding - dealerships that are stuck in the past. And punishing those that have moved forward with the current preferred business model of a focus on customer experience that relies on honesty, transparency, and clear communication.

It's no wonder the crappy car dealerships don't get it. Their unethical way of doing business has worked for them for years, and they aren't even aware that the world's changing, and their perception of car selling and the public's perception of car buying are drastically different. Thank goodness we still have choices between car companies, and dealerships. Bad business is bad business, and it's not sustainable.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So here is the latest update to this Saga-

I just got off the phone with Michael Hull, the GM of DCH Ford of Eatontown.

I apologized for my actions while at the dealership and on the phone with him Friday.

I also apologized for the actions that happened here and I didn’t expect it to completely devolve like it did-unfortunately some comments made here by random people almost caused the Eatontown police to be involved and Lithia legal department wanted to press charges.

They apologized for their actions and have changed their ordering process to avoid this happening again in the future.

We have come to an agreement that clears up the misunderstandings and no ill will between each party

I also would like to request the community here to remove their 1-star reviews on Google as a showing that the community can work in positive ways. It was unwarranted and ultimately not the right thing to do.

Result for me is that I can’t get my current Bronco, which I’ve come to terms with. However, Michael will reach out to regional Ford rep and Ford to see if I can get my reservation re-cocked for a 22MY at a different dealership or find something for me. I’ve also reached out to Ford about the situation from my end about the same subject. There are no guarantees, but I am hoping for the best.

I am satisfied with this resolution and hope other people can learn from it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the OP probably had to write the above as some sort of agreement to a bully scare tactic the dealer implemented (probably threatened to press charges for damage), but we can’t just keep letting dealers get away with this. If he responds to my review again and admits their process was neither honest or transparent and explains, to my satisfaction, that the changes they have implemented will provide for more honesty and transparency, I’ll agree to change my rating to a 3-star

The campaign should continue, if you got the canned response from the GM on your Google review, I recommend editing your post to respond to his response, calling him out on his shadiness, stick to the facts. Here was mine

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 18F3FB8A-B47C-443A-9FE3-2A63386AF726

Last edited:

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I understand the OP probably had to write the above as some sort of agreement to a bully scare tactic the dealer implemented (probably threatened to press charges for damage), but we can’t just keep letting dealers get away with this. If he responds to my review again and admits their process was neither honest or transparent and explains, to my satisfaction, that the changes they have implemented will provide for more honesty and transparency, I’ll agree to change my rating to a 3-star

The campaign should continue, if you got the canned response from the GM on your Google review, I recommend editing your post to respond to his response, calling him out on his shadiness, stick to the facts. Here was mine

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 18F3FB8A-B47C-443A-9FE3-2A63386AF726
I don't have time to write such a great review so I might just repost yours and say "What he said!" Great job!!!

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lordy, so the OP has to issue a public apology and still doesn’t get his Bronco?

And the dealer completely wins because he somehow threatened legal consequences for the OP for daring to go public about the dealer’s shady practices?

Do I have that right? If anyone threatened violence against the dealership, that was wrong. Full stop. But otherwise, it sounds like this dealer used its lawyers to strong arm this result.

Is Ford ok with this?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You didn't get your Bronco so my 1-star review is staying up. The fact that your OK with not getting your Bronco is quite pathetic and this is how dealers will continue to do what they do.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a crappy situation all around. Ford rolled out a reservation system without understanding the public's understanding of a reservation system. Dealerships approached the reservations as sales leads, instead of reservations, because that's what they know. And they behaved as they always do: greedy sharks who try to squeeze as much out of a customer as they possibly can.

If Ford's going to continue accepting reservations, some six-figure asshat in his fancy Michigan office should be studying how reservation systems work with other car companies and learning the public's understanding of how they work.

Then they need to figure out pricing with their dealerships. Can they charge ADM, and if so, is there a cap? Should they require a written contract between the customer and the dealership that includes final pricing before they accept an order? Can the dealership require a down payment, refundable or nonrefundable, and is there a cap?

Whatever they decide, that information needs to be made clear in the build and price tool, so people who see the MSRP number know whether or not that's the final price, because obviously, a lot of people missed that detail. Many thought a car salesperson's word was worth something too.

We expected a lot more transparency in this process, because that's the model that business is moving toward, but Ford is stuck in the past, or at least still serving - in fact, rewarding - dealerships that are stuck in the past. And punishing those that have moved forward with the current preferred business model of a focus on customer experience that relies on honesty, transparency, and clear communication.

It's no wonder the crappy car dealerships don't get it. Their unethical way of doing business has worked for them for years, and they aren't even aware that the world's changing, and their perception of car selling and the public's perception of car buying are drastically different. Thank goodness we still have choices between car companies, and dealerships. Bad business is bad business, and it's not sustainable.
This is the perfect summary and exactly what is happening.

Ford leadership needs to pull their heads out of their asses (and the their large dealership asses) and make this right for their reservationists. They offered the reservation system and need to commit to it (even though it is a different model and not preferred by their big dealers).

I honestly think Ford is at a crossroads with the Bronco right now...

1) they have an opportunity to make this right for the customers that put in a reservation and have been waiting through the rollercoaster of issues and delays, by sticking to the timestamp delivery process that was promised from the beginning
2) or they can pander to the big dealers by skewing the allocation formula and building lot available Broncos sold at a premium - all the while putting more Broncos on the road while reservation holders continue to watch and wait for their reserved and ordered Bronco

The other issue that you mentioned is the pricing - Ford needs to put their foot down with ADM on this. This is a unique model from the start using a reservation system and touting MSRP. People put down a $100 deposit based on that MSRP (not a price that is $10k more). If Ford continues to allow this, even if it is "legal" for dealerships to do this, their brand could be harmed beyond repair.

@Ford Motor Company - Stick to what you touted and offered at the launch in July 2020. That was a time that we were all very excited, going crazy over every tidbit of news and easter egg reveal, and totally overflowing with anticipation. Take a moment and ask your reservation holders how they feel about a change in the rules to allow lot Broncos be built before their Bronco.... and how some dealerships are able to add surprise ADM because only the customer signed the DORA and not the dealer.

Sponsored

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What’s wild is that Ford seems to be ok with all of this. Perhaps it has forgotten that the FJ and Xterra both went the way of the dodo bird, despite being capable Wrangler alternatives in their time. Both had loyal followings and still couldn’t crack the code.

Ford apparently thinks the Bronco is so wonderful that it can’t fail. We shall see.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ultimately I am on the short end of the stick, partly due to actions of members here, which has limited actions that certain people can take due the back lash

So take what has happened to me and learn from it.

Yeah this is bitter pill to swallow, but in the grand scheme of things it’s just car….

Drop me a PM if you want more details.
Hey buddy...I'm sorry you got screwed on this deal. It's wrong what happened. But you know what else is wrong? Posting your story and telling forum members "You guys know what to do" in your original post. You knew exactly what the reaction would be. You asked for it. Now you've edited that post and want to blame some on here for coming to your aid as you asked??

Sounds like it's time we lock this thread and move on due to lack of accountability.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To the OP, sucks you're not getting this particular Bronco, seems you initially became a member here many years before most of us and have been looking forward to it for quite some time

Not sure we fully know both sides to this story and you likely don't want to post everything from your side for certain reasons that we can read between the lines on, but this thread will be a case study for countless other members that inevitably find themselves in this situation

Hope you find your way into another vehicle

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn't get your Bronco so my 1-star review is staying up. The fact that your OK with not getting your Bronco is quite pathetic and this is how dealers will continue to do what they do.

I don't think it's so much that he is OK with it, it's that he doesn't want to call their bluff about legal action. I'm thinking he got a visit by the local popo because the dealer reported him for terroristic threatening or a call from their legal department.

Maybe he sees the logic in a Granger deal now after all.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.