Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is the perfect summary and exactly what is happening.

Ford leadership needs to pull their heads out of their asses (and the their large dealership asses) and make this right for their reservationists. They offered the reservation system and need to commit to it (even though it is a different model and not preferred by their big dealers).

I honestly think Ford is at a crossroads with the Bronco right now...

1) they have an opportunity to make this right for the customers that put in a reservation and have been waiting through the rollercoaster of issues and delays, by sticking to the timestamp delivery process that was promised from the beginning
2) or they can pander to the big dealers by skewing the allocation formula and building lot available Broncos sold at a premium - all the while putting more Broncos on the road while reservation holders continue to watch and wait for their reserved and ordered Bronco

The other issue that you mentioned is the pricing - Ford needs to put their foot down with ADM on this. This is a unique model from the start using a reservation system and touting MSRP. People put down a $100 deposit based on that MSRP (not a price that is $10k more). If Ford continues to allow this, even if it is "legal" for dealerships to do this, their brand could be harmed beyond repair.

@Ford Motor Company - Stick to what you touted and offered at the launch in July 2020. That was a time that we were all very excited, going crazy over every tidbit of news and easter egg reveal, and totally overflowing with anticipation. Take a moment and ask your reservation holders how they feel about a change in the rules to allow lot Broncos be built before their Bronco.... and how some dealerships are able to add surprise ADM because only the customer signed the DORA and not the dealer.
Fantastic ideas, great post, however...

Ford will not bend to their dealers, regardless of the end customer getting screwed. This is the reputation Ford has and Ford does not care to change that perception! The OP's behavior, while understandable, was not the best way to resolve a situation. Regardless, Ford will look at this as an acceptable percent loss of customer satisfaction and not be concerned by the few enthusiasts complaining when they know there are people lining up to buy the Bronco.

Profit is king, end customer satisfaction is a distant consideration, yes, I'm 100% behind the profit of capitalism but not the way shady dealers continue to find new and creative ways to screw the customer, that is not capitalism. Ford knows they only have 54% owner loyalty and they must win over 46% of their new customers year after year. So you can see, Ford has yet to figure out that end customer satisfaction = customer loyalty.

Ford Customers Arenā€™t The Most Loyal Says Study
Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't know the full story of what he's referring to.
There is obviously more to this whole story than we've seen here in the thread. Do you know more and can share?

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ain't Karma a Byotch!

Oh, there's more ADM trouble afoot in B6G. Tally Ho!

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand the OP probably had to write the above as some sort of agreement to a bully scare tactic the dealer implemented (probably threatened to press charges for damage), but we canā€™t just keep letting dealers get away with this. If he responds to my review again and admits their process was neither honest or transparent and explains, to my satisfaction, that the changes they have implemented will provide for more honesty and transparency, Iā€™ll agree to change my rating to a 3-star

The campaign should continue, if you got the canned response from the GM on your Google review, I recommend editing your post to respond to his response, calling him out on his shadiness, stick to the facts. Here was mine

18F3FB8A-B47C-443A-9FE3-2A63386AF726.png
My son works in Eatontown...I gave a thought of checking out this dealership for my Bronco ..or my sons next vehicle...after this,that thought is gone...

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You should have told the gm to go fist himself. I do get why you backed down though, they threatened you and were ā€˜willingā€™ to let it rest if you apologized and asked people to remove their one star rating. Bet they wonā€™t be removing all of their fake 5 star ratings though. This dealer is still pure scum in my eyes and even more so now. Sorry you got screwed bud.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I do know is that this whole chain of events wouldn't of happened without the dealer trying to screw him and without him getting the equivalent of a digital lynch mob after the dealer.

But what part of the story did I miss?
Oh 100% it could have been avoided - and I'd say even if the dealer had reduced the ADM to 1-2k, that could've potentially rectified the situation from the get-go.

There is obviously more to this whole story than we've seen here in the thread. Do you know more and can share?
More has been filled in with the recent post.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Regarding the resolution - it sucks he won't be able to get his Bronco after all this, and will have to wait further (along with the rest of us lol), but at least it's a resolution.

While I doubt the dealer will take down the "very coincidental" (fake) 5-star reviews as 1-star reviews are removed, as a forum if "our" goal is to get him his/a Bronco, removing the reviews would be the correct action as a "good faith" measure. And hopefully they realize if they pull it again with the new one, all bets are off and the review hammer will return lol.

That obviously puts a blanket over the general "shady dealerships" portion of the issue, but again if the goal was to get him a Bronco/resolution, pulling as many of those as possible seemingly needs to happen.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe he sees the logic in a Granger deal now after all.
He may very well get a new Bronco before Grainger allocates all of theirs...

Back to the OP's problem, instead of members attacking members:

Hopefully Ford will see the true problem: that even FANATIC Bronco enthusiasts are at the end of their patience and are turning. The ADM problem won't be forever, but bad actions are remembered.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More has been filled in with the recent post.
Yeah I saw the update and the rest of us reading between the lines. Was just wondering if you knew more than the OP included in his update other than us speculating as to why he is backing down. Your comment sounded like maybe you had some additional details.

I understand that property damage came into play and that was dumb on his part, but i was a litte more curious about how this forum has supposedly hurt the outcome, as OP claims. Is it really just the fact that people from here posted negative reviews?

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Sherminiator review deleted. Good luck getting your Bronco. Although, I won't take my tweets to Levine down regarding this situation. They weren't directed at the dealership or tagging the dealer. Levine can live with those on his timeline for all I care.

He wants the positive situations to live on his twitter, he needs to accept it isn't all rainbows and unicorns working with dealers who represent him and Ford.

nikkgmm

Badlands
First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lordy, so the OP has to issue a public apology and still doesnā€™t get his Bronco?

And the dealer completely wins because he somehow threatened legal consequences for the OP for daring to go public about the dealerā€™s shady practices?

Do I have that right? If anyone threatened violence against the dealership, that was wrong. Full stop. But otherwise, it sounds like this dealer used its lawyers to strong arm this result.

Is Ford ok with this?
Exactly. From the reviews I read it was simple relaying of factual information with non-violent tones. It sucks they were able to bully-scare him into a public apology, but that case could have been reversed with a lawsuit towards them.
Maybe this should be turned into a class action with a bunch of dealers pulling this bait and switch roped in to the case?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lordy, so the OP has to issue a public apology and still doesnā€™t get his Bronco?

And the dealer completely wins because he somehow threatened legal consequences for the OP for daring to go public about the dealerā€™s shady practices?

Do I have that right? If anyone threatened violence against the dealership, that was wrong. Full stop. But otherwise, it sounds like this dealer used its lawyers to strong arm this result.

Is Ford ok with this?
I left a review (professional and polite) and I don't plan on removing it. It was never about the OP getting his Bronco, I didn't think the dealer was going to do the right thing (cheaters and liars rarely do) it was about informing future buyers about the actions of the dealership. Ifthe OP was violent, threatened violence etc, that is his business to manage. For me, I don't like the "Bait and Switch" tactics of the DCH Ford in Eatontown. Other people left reviews of their own experience that spoke to this same issue.

I am fine leaving the one star reviews up, I am fine with the fake 5 star reviews also. The dealership expended some social capital on this issue, and it cost them much more than $10,000. Like I wrote in my first post on this issue...how much is a pound of flesh worth? Once these reviews are up, it will make it much harder to find more reviews the next time this happens. They won't be able to bury the truth as easily.

There is a lesson here. Don't ask for help if you don't want or need help. Don't be an asshole. Don't be a cheat. When you "go to the mattresses" people get hurt...best to resolve issues upfront.

Is it bad that I have already planned my strategy in the event my dealership tries to screw me?

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dealer steals a customerā€™s ordered Bronco then makes him apologize when people gets angry about it. What a sick world we live in.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.