Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading as much information on Badlands trim level, I cannot say I would want the Sasquatch package.

2-Door Badlands, 2.7, and Auto sound exactly what I'm looking for.

The Sasquatch package fever has not captured me over what the BL should be able to do right out of the box. Seems that I might lose some articulation by adding the Sasquatch package.

Lift, 35" Tires, and 4.70:1 final are not enough to convince me that the BLs will gain significantly over the 33" tires.

Am I on my own thinking this way, or did I miss something that should make a significant difference?
Does the Sasquatch package make for a better package on different trim levels?

Who else is not sold on Sasquatch (yet)?
Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well the Bilstein suspension and lockers, (which btw are iron cases instead of aluminum case) are a good feature. Just saying...
If 33's and open lighter duty diff, and less gears are not important then I agree skip the Sasquatch.
Personally I wanted the 2.3 and 7 speed manual 2 door with the Sasquatch but it appears that is not possible as the Sasquatch and manual are not offered together.
I reserved a base so it appears now I will add the 2.7, auto, and Sasquatch I.m not going thru this wait, and financial commitment and getting "almost" what I should get and would not be happy with just to save a few grand on what will certainly be a 40k+ truck. Get what you really want is my advice

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the Bilstein suspension and lockers, (which btw are iron cases instead of aluminum case) are a good feature. Just saying...
If 33's and open lighter duty diff, and less gears are not important then I agree skip the Sasquatch.
The Bandlands gets both locking heavy duty pumpkins and the 4.70 in the manual. 4.46 IIRC in the auto.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bandlands gets both locking heavy duty pumpkins and the 4.70 in the manual. 4.46 IIRC in the auto.
Ok I was not aware. I thought the 4.7 was only available in the Sasquatch. Will have to review the specs again. Also sweaty vinyl seats are a deal breaker I want breathable cloth seats, auto swaybar disconnect is not on my list.
I really think the build spreadsheet coming out next month (hopefully?) will reveal what costs what, and what is worth what. That will be the key in my mind on deciding what model/options to get. For example, a Sasquatch package addition to the Badlands should not be the price hit as other models as obviously it already has some of the Sasquatch features included, etc

Last edited:

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After reading as much information on Badlands trim level, I cannot say I would want the Sasquatch package.

2-Door Badlands, 2.7, and Auto sound exactly what I'm looking for.

The Sasquatch package fever has not captured me over what the BL should be able to do right out of the box. Seems that I might lose some articulation by adding the Sasquatch package.

Lift, 35" Tires, and 4.70:1 final are not enough to convince me that the BLs will gain significantly over the 33" tires.

Am I on my own thinking this way, or did I miss something that should make a significant difference?
Does the Sasquatch package make for a better package on different trim levels?

Who else is not sold on Sasquatch (yet)?
I was sold on the sasquatch till I found out you can’t have it with manual transmission. if I’m getting a vehicle like this I want manual.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Originally I was disappointed that Squatch was only available with auto... but then I realized the BL had everything except the 35's and bead lock capable rims (and possibly some extra lift) which I really don't need.
BL Manual!!!

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When build goes live it will be interesting.
I was thinking Black Diamond with Sasquatch, dump the big 315/70 mud tires and idiot, heavy, hard to balance rims and go with LT 285/75 (75) 17 AT, maybe steel rims - 33.8 inch to 34.3 inch (Cooper AT3 comp), much less weight and noise, close enough to keep computers happy .
That would be very similar to stock BadLands and potentialy a few thousand $s cheaper in a 4 door. If it was not a big savings not worth it. Only the build Release will tell.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love a big tire but as someone who plans on using their bronco as a DD I’m wondering if 35s would be overkill...
I keep debating the base with the squatch or just upgrading to the Black Diamond without the Sasquatch...

what are the thoughts out there with the squatch package? I won’t be doing much rock climbing, just off road, fire road stuff, I’m a mountain biker and love the idea of the marine grade rubber floor stuff...

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes it’s overkill for a daily but totally doable.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We should all drive Base model Corollas because everything else is overkill. :)
Amen. Do what makes you happy! The ability to go camping in lots of places others can’t is a big bonus too!
Sponsored