First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I currently have a WildTrak on order but the more I read the more the base squatch seems to be the value. I know what I’d be losing for sure but not sure on a few upgrades if they’re possible. I’m assuming all yes. But let me ask.

so on a baseSquatch
1.) swapping out the grill to the WildTrak grill?
2.) installing the signature lights?
3,)installing the running boards?
Also prob stupid question but I assume the base has a back up camera?
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I currently have a WildTrak on order but the more I read the more the base squatch seems to be the value. I know what I’d be losing for sure but not sure on a few upgrades if they’re possible. I’m assuming all yes. But let me ask.

so on a baseSquatch
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch mod questions rick-morty

Joking aside, the sig lighting would be the hardest because I believe they wouldn't be plug and play, would be really pricey, and take some modification to work. The grill and side steps should be available to order thru your dealer separate from your bronco order. It has a backup camera

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can I talk you out of switching the grille? The Base has the best one!!

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe the signature lighting is very expensive to buy right now, so you might want to wait until 3rd party headlight options become available. I'm not sure if the WT grill will work on a base without the sig headlights? Either way, you could probably paint the base grill gloss black. Running board install is going to be the same on all models. Also, all models have a back-up camera. I think the base doesn't have the adaptive guidelines from what I hear...not positive though.

I just ordered a Base sasquatch myself, going up to the BB or BD SAS w/mid tier package isn't worth +7K IMO.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the signature lighting is very expensive to buy right now, so you might want to wait until 3rd party headlight options become available. I'm not sure if the WT grill will work on a base without the sig headlights? Either way, you could probably paint the base grill gloss black. Running board install is going to be the same on all models. Also, all models have a back-up camera. I think the base doesn't have the adaptive guidelines from what I hear...not positive though.

I just ordered a Base sasquatch myself, going up to the BB or BD SAS w/mid tier package isn't worth +7K IMO.
Third party lights will be MUCH cheaper with more features. Ive already seen ads for RGB running lights etc. Just for the love of god, no angry eyes..

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I talk you out of switching the grille? The Base has the best one!!
I would say Big Bend, but all of those things should be possible.

You're going to be missing out on GOAT modes... wish there wasn't a pay wall for those, but there is... Goes Over Any Terrain except this paywall

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

You're going to be missing out on GOAT modes... wish there wasn't a pay wall for those, but there is... Goes Over Any Terrain except this paywall
The missing GOAT modes are documented on how to set them manually. The one that can't be set with the 4wd or locker selectors is sport mode which base has (and badlands does not btw)

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so on a baseSquatch
all vehicles sold beyond may 2018 must have backup cameras by law. because manufacturers were given 4 years to prepare for this, and generally don't like to make mid-model year changes if they don't have to, you can just assume that means all MY18 and up have it.

why would you want to ditch the best grill?

As far as the lights... yea you're stuck there, but the base headlights are still LEDs and your surround lighting is going to be better off aftermarket anyway. As a fellow basesquatch buyer, I highly suggest aux switches and mod bumper if you care about lighting.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

While the signature lights look cool so does the base headlights. I actually prefer them.

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch mod questions 84AC37FF-0979-4AAE-BC7F-B7EF9AC99143

Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would say Big Bend, but all of those things should be possible.

as we know now, you can access your basesquatch to all 8 GOAT modes by using the FORSCAN app, a PC, and the USB adapter you can get on amazon for under $25. plenty of videos on youtube how to do it. you can also remove the double honk, change tire size for your speedometer to read correctly and a ton of other features to add, change or remove. well worth $25 if you ask me

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

as we know now, you can access your basesquatch to all 8 GOAT modes by using the FORSCAN app, a PC, and the USB adapter you can get on amazon for under $25. plenty of videos on youtube how to do it. you can also remove the double honk, change tire size for your speedometer to read correctly and a ton of other features to add, change or remove. well worth $25 if you ask me

Didn't Ford block this in the 22 models? I think if you search the thread for Forscan there is lots of discussion on this not being possible until someone figures it out again.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't Ford block this in the 22 models? I think if you search the thread for Forscan there is lots of discussion on this not being possible until someone figures it out again.
i thought there was an update to forscan that enabled once again. i am not sure so dont quote me on that.
Sponsored