Sponsored

Updated: Resolved!! So, my bronco arrived and the dealer tried marking it up $10K ADM

bramthun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Roush
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE:

Easiest resolution process ever! Talk with the sales rep about the ADM and he claimed that they markup every vehicle on the lot. After some back and forth conversations, I flat out asked if they are going to sell me the bronco at MSRP. Again, more discussions ensued and sales rep confirmed that if I agree to pay full MSRP then the deal was on.

Evidently, the ADM is a normal sales approach they try with everyone. And in this case, it appears that some specific questions about not wanting to pay ADM resolved the issue.

I hope everyone has the same luck.

Here is what I ordered....

1634679870701.png

And here is what they're trying to charge me...
1634679921213.png

Now what? If I could have afforded the $10K mark up, I've of ordered max'd out Badlands!!!
And you are happy with a 5k markup?? Strange.
Sponsored

Big Dave

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered and paid the premium in October 2020 to my dealer and SKIPPED the line when it came time for the dealer to enter the orders - is my understanding. My neighbor that ordered last July is furious he paid no premium and has no delivery date. The premium did NOT show up anywhere in my sales contract it was handled separately. I've had Big Bronco 6 weeks now and rarely see them. Ive gone limo tint to try and stop people from talking to me. Now, these Jeeps want to race every night on way home from the office..............

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered and paid the premium in October 2020 to my dealer and SKIPPED the line when it came time for the dealer to enter the orders - is my understanding. My neighbor that ordered last July is furious he paid no premium and has no delivery date. The premium did NOT show up anywhere in my sales contract it was handled separately. I've had Big Bronco 6 weeks now and rarely see them. Ive gone limo tint to try and stop people from talking to me. Now, these Jeeps want to race every night on way home from the office..............
Not sure what this is. Are you bragging?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You must have gotten the premium edition!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh look nice 4.7 star review to ruin…
EDAAEE61-29FF-43C0-A5BF-3DC7525FE2E9.jpeg
Seriously, how is a bunch of people who have never done business with a company give a legitimate review?

Piling on abuse and ratings based on the word of another individual (especially with no retort from the dealer), is likely libelous and most certainly not a legitimate customer review. If being part of a shake-down gang makes people feel powerful, then I feel sorry for them.

Sponsored

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, it's very easy to see why this keeps occurring, and will continue to.

Traditional methods for ordering/purchasing vehicles has gone down as you said. You head on down to the dealer, meet with your salesman face to face, and you either order exactly what you want, agree on a price and leave a deposit or you haggle with something they have on the lot, sign your docs and pay up/establish financing. Very clear as to what belongs to who, what you're paying etc.

But this shit reservation system is nothing like that. Ford cross pollinated the direct to consumer style model (online reservation etc) with the dog and pony show dealer experience and the result has left plenty of room for misinterpretation, confusion and flat out disappointment (not even factoring the actual disastrous launch of the vehicle itself.)

IMO, had the system worked as Ford had most likely intended, a sales person from the dealership we selected would have reached out, introduced themselves and explained that we needed to swing by the dealer/Zoom call (whatever) and formalize the actual reservation/numbers. But in many cases, most had little to no communication with their dealers/salesmen. And with the uniqueness of this ordering process, Ford should have expected the potential confusion and done a better job at outlining expectations from the dealers as well as from us, the reservation holders. Luckily mine kept me in the loop.

In the end, the vague "reservation" coupled with tons of communications from Ford regarding "YOUR" Bronco, I feel misrepresented that it was a lock on it actually being yours (or at least yours to refuse). Only to then to turn it over to a dealership who's arguably financially incentivized to not communicate, ends up leaving it open ended and to their discretion how the deal goes down.

But making it sound like you "don't know how this keeps happening" seems like a jab at the majority of the people who didn't know they needed to cover their 6 going into this. This process has been a shit show since day one.
all people need to see and read this

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
all people need to see and read this
In my humble opinion the dealers did not like the reservation system because it took too much power and authority away from them and they retaliated. These independently owned dealerships think they are Ford Motor company. Many are bad actors that Ford needs to reign in or face the fallout from the customers. The choice for me is simple. I would do everything to make the customers satisfied than dealerships who want to control and upcharge every step of the way and don't worry about the overall opinions about FOMOCO. They just want their profits. They are not all like this, but way, way too many are. The experience they are providing, is turning customers off. Then they have an attitude specifically about the Bronco. This relationship (IMO) has become toxic. Again, this is just my opinion as a customer, and my GSM is my best friend.. I still feel this way.

pasekmi99

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE:

Easiest resolution process ever! Talk with the sales rep about the ADM and he claimed that they markup every vehicle on the lot. After some back and forth conversations, I flat out asked if they are going to sell me the bronco at MSRP. Again, more discussions ensued and sales rep confirmed that if I agree to pay full MSRP then the deal was on.

Evidently, the ADM is a normal sales approach they try with everyone. And in this case, it appears that some specific questions about not wanting to pay ADM resolved the issue.

I hope everyone has the same luck.

Here is what I ordered....

1634679870701.png

And here is what they're trying to charge me...
1634679921213.png

Now what? If I could have afforded the $10K mark up, I've of ordered max'd out Badlands!!!
How can they attempt to increase price after your purchased it? If you have a contract they can't change it.

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer tried this with me. My Bronco is supposed to get delivered this week, and I'm in Israel for work, so I wanted to try to wrap up the deal before it came. I go in, and he's trying to show me how Ford's making them charge over MSRP. Fortunately, I knew better. I also had the good sense to go get a bill of sale the day I got my VIN. It was handwritten, but had my VIN and the dealer's signature at the bottom. So when he pulled that stunt on me, I said, "I know for a Fact that Ford isn't making any dealers charge more than MSRP. Some are selling for less. I also know that this is your signature right here next to mine, and this is the price we agreed upon." He shook my hand and said, we've got a deal.

Shady AF. But all too common these days. On one hand, I'm pissed. On the other hand, I can't really blame the dealers. They've got no inventory and they've got the same overheads as before. They need to be making the most possible money on every vehicle they get.

So I guess my advice to others is try to get them to sign something at MSRP or under as soon as you're able, then hold onto that piece of paper. They're not going to risk getting sued to hit you with an ADM. At least, not if they're smart.

wigtow

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my Black Diamond is set to be built mid Nov... I have the order print out from the dealer with the MSRP stated. I hope they honor that. Any further suggestions? Only been waiting a year and half since they didn't place my order until 6 months after I reserved with Ford...

Sponsored

Chipt7

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Badlands Squatch, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any good dealership will keep you at MSRP...I received my Bronco on the 22nd of OCT and the dealer told me that they are unable to markup...unless I turned down the vehicle...which I didn't. :) Anyways, whomever is getting the shaft on markups...you NEED to hold your ground...the dealerships are restricted from doing this. Or that is what my Sales Guy told me.

Broncbust

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BB Cactus
Reserved 3/19
Ordered 6/22
First Build 10/20
Second Build pending 12/20

I fell victim to this and talked to Ford directly. I was baited and switched about 2 weeks before taking delivery when I saw these posts. Despite my attempts, I was informed they were going to charge me 10k above, this is Saybrook Ford in Old Saybrook, CT.

First, I was told it was Ford's fault because of a chip and commodity shortage. I responded that I was an educated consumer and that I know the only reason they are getting a chance have this conversation with me was because I ordered this car through them via Ford. On my way out, the manager followed me out and I was told that it was the customers fault because these cars were being flipped for 15k more.

It was an unfortunate set of events and in the end I had little recourse. I found a reputable dealer, and resubmitted. Luckily, I was picked back up as soon as the 22 banks opened.

While this is a garbage situation, it's out there, and it SUCKS.
Sponsored