First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I received my Big Bend standard package manual transmission Bronco two days ago, and the seats are so uncomfortable that I am having intense back pain. I’m wondering if this is the case for anyone else. The lumbar seems to sit lower than my Xterra and is not height adjustable. I’m used to driving on truck chassis and a stick as I had an Xterra (manual) forever so it’s not that. But these seats just feel wrong no matter how I adjust them. Everything else about the bronco is great. Just wondering if anyone else is having this experience or has thoughts.
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's too bad. Everything I've seen about the seats so far has been very positive about their comfort. Of course, many of the comparisons are to Wranglers, and I think their seats are awful.

The only negative I've read before yours was about the non-adjustable headrests.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't have a Bronco yet ('22 order) and my only time in one is the time I spent in the dealer one and I found the seats comfortable.

On the other hand my current vehicles an '06 Sonata is uncomfortable for me to drive long distances in without getting out and taking a break. The bottom seat doesn't support the back of the my thighs well which causes the discomfort for me.

In my old '01 Honda Prelude before I sold it, the seat bottoms were longer and felt more comfortable for me when driving.

I would adjust the seats as much as possible in every configuration possible. Compare how the Xterra seats fit your body and see where the differences are to see if you can adjust the Bronco seats or add something to make it more comfortable.

OP
OP

cocovertigogo

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's too bad. Everything I've seen about the seats so far has been very positive about their comfort. Of course, many of the comparisons are to Wranglers, and I think their seats are awful.

The only negative I've read before yours was about the non-adjustable headrests.
they don’t. They look like this.
Ford Bronco Bronco seats uncomfortable? 6A82E423-9783-4E5E-8FF7-1491C495FBA7

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh, that's a bummer, I know that feeling.

I have the same experience for Nissan vehicles. Rented a Nissan Sentra during a Florida trip 5 years ago and it was by far the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever been in. Thought maybe that was a one-off, but my previous employer bought a bunch of Nissan Frontiers for work and I had to carry along a pillow to stay comfortable while driving those trucks. Then this past summer I did a fishing trip in my brother-in-law's brand new Nissan Pathfinder my back was killing me for a week after that trip.

I don't know what it is about Nissan vehicles, but... just can't do it for some reason.

For me the Bronco seats are probably the most comfortable seats I've been in for a non-luxury vehicle/trim. Hopefully you can figure out what's bothering you.

OP
OP

cocovertigogo

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After reading about the headrest problem (not adjustable and pitched way too forward), I’m wondering if that’s part of the problem.

OP
OP

cocovertigogo

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ugh, that's a bummer, I know that feeling.

I have the same experience for Nissan vehicles. Rented a Nissan Sentra during a Florida trip 5 years ago and it was by far the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever been in. Thought maybe that was a one-off, but my previous employer bought a bunch of Nissan Frontiers for work and I had to carry along a pillow to stay comfortable while driving those trucks. Then this past summer I did a fishing trip in my brother-in-law's brand new Nissan Pathfinder my back was killing me for a week after that trip.

I don't know what it is about Nissan vehicles, but... just can't do it for some reason.

For me the Bronco seats are probably the most comfortable seats I've been in for a non-luxury vehicle/trim. Hopefully you can figure out what's bothering you.
That’s interesting because I loved my Nissan Xterra seats!

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I test drove one with the same seats you have and they were not bad. I test drove a Wildtrak with leather and hated it. I also drove one with the MGV seats, which is what I am getting and they seemed "OK". I know that I will have to figure out a way to raise the front a little for better support under my knees. That is a bridge I will cross when I get to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cocovertigogo

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks all for your thoughts. I’m pretty sure the distance from the seat to the clutch is also part of the issue. My leg has to be hyperextended to depress the clutch even w the seat pulled up as far as I can stand it.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may sound crazy, but based on your reaching the clutch comment and the image of how far forward the seat is, it seems like you may benefit from pedal extensions letting you sit farther back from the steering wheel, and adjust the seat differently. As a taller person I did not have any concerns with the seats and found them comfortable.

It is a bummer to hear that they are not comfortable for shorter individuals.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I received my Big Bend standard package manual transmission Bronco two days ago, and the seats are so uncomfortable that I am having intense back pain. I’m wondering if this is the case for anyone else. The lumbar seems to sit lower than my Xterra and is not height adjustable. I’m used to driving on truck chassis and a stick as I had an Xterra (manual) forever so it’s not that. But these seats just feel wrong no matter how I adjust them. Everything else about the bronco is great. Just wondering if anyone else is having this experience or has thoughts.
My Black Diamond seats were super comfortable. Drove to Tahoe and back, around 350 miles and never felt a twinge of back or hip pain, which I do in my husbands Beamer. I'm hoping the Base seats are the same as the BD, just fabric instead of MGV. Will be getting Katzkins for it.