Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The mirrors on Jeep are better? They are complaining that Bronco mirrors are too big. Really? Jeep has better visibility? I highly doubt that. They don't like a knob for the 4x4? Okay. There may be a few legit things here, but when you look at the Bronco beats Jeep section, it's actually a big deal on most of the things Bronco obviously does better, for me, anyway.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep: "we have an article all set for you to present"
Motortrend: "But I'm not sure all 10 of these are real reasons to state Jeep beats the Bronco, you don't even have the v8 in product, the aftermarket has a few months to explode for the Bronco, and..... (Jeep stops reading)
Jeep: "run it or we pull our advertisement money and will never invite you to any of our events"

See link to article......

Aubie

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a nice find.

Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It wasn't too bad IMO. A lot of stuff they mentioned that were advantages for the Jeep doesn't affect my personnel buying decision, but I can see how it could for some hardcore off-road people. The aftermarket support is very good for Jeep, I have to concede that.

I had a 2015 bare bones Jeep Wrangler sport, with only satellite radio & role up windows. I loved that Jeep so, I know I will like the Bronco because it comes with so much more, even with the bas model.

I also really like the way it looks.

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously very biased.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The door thing I don't quite understand. Everyone was bitching about losing the mirrors and now they want them back. Visibility and ability to handle is likely true, since the Bronco is just a bigger vehicle compared to the Wrangler. The other stuff is kinda stupid. Most Broncos, like Wranglers won't be bought by enthusiasts who care about off-road capability. I'm an enthusiast and really don't care about that stuff. I bought my Wrangler because it was the only vehicle that offered a convertible top and wasn't a soulless clown car.

To the people who enjoy measuring their size, this stuff will matter. To normal people, it won't. :)

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man that is some reaching to find 10 things better about the Jeep. BTW, most of those things I could care less about.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So out of curiosity I present you with 2 things.
1. They always bring up rock crawling.. Now if these aren't those giant boulders what's to say the Bronco can't do this? And is rock crawling the only way to tell if a SUV is good or not? So for the 1% of SUV's that actually crawl.. The jeep wins.. OK good for them.
2. They talk about the crawler gear and how you can't get that with the 35's. Well guess what.. Jeep doesn't offer 35's...so compare apples to apples and you can see that the Bronco with the crawler gears will be better than the Jeep.

So with that said, these idiots at Motor Trend should actually learn how to compare different vehicles (with matching options) ... Or do they really think that next time they'll show you 10 ways that a Prius is better than a GT500?

Jut

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Subaru Outback, 19 Cherokee Trail Hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wasn't too bad IMO. A lot of stuff they mentioned that were advantages for the Jeep doesn't affect my personnel buying decision, but I can see how it could for some hardcore off-road people. The aftermarket support is very good for Jeep, I have to concede that.

I had a 2015 bare bones Jeep Wrangler sport, with only satellite radio & role up windows. I loved that Jeep so, I know I will like the Bronco because it comes with so much more, even with the bas model.

I also really like the way it looks.
I agree. I had a 2015 unlimited Rubicon and loved it. Ill also love this bronco, I'm thinking a bit more even with the 2.7 and 10 speed

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Click bait garbage. Yes, I suppose some could argue that there are some valid points, but I am so tired of so called articles that are: 5 best this, 5 things I hate about 'x', 12 best things about this vacuum cleaner..

Journalism has gotten so lazy and inept. Its all click bait garbage appealing to those that can count to 10... or maybe even 12.

I am just so tired of everything is about driving 'clicks' to this site or that site, and how many likes or thumbs up I can get on my crappy youtube channel.

Now, get off my lawn.

Sorry, its like a million degrees here today and my Bronco is like a year away.

end rant....

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs