Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4dr, 2021 Wildtrak, 2021 Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stay tuned for what we are doing up front...
But its true, DANA 60 rear axle swap on one of my SEMA builds has happened. Here it is!

Those sexy RPG links too!!

This build can be seen at SEMA in the Rhino Rack booth.

Owned by ADVANCED Fiberglass Concepts.
RPG UCAs, rear upper & lower links, KING Coilovers, DANA goodies, ADV replacement quarters/fenders, Carbon Forged hood, 37" Coopers, Fifteen52 wheels and a bunch more.

Our other Bronco Builds can be seen at the SEMA South hall entrance, Cooper Tire Booth, Warn Industries Booth, & Covercraft booth

Ford Bronco Dana 60 Axle is in !!! nc_ohc=fJtHP9yLRFcAX-GOcZA&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1

Ford Bronco Dana 60 Axle is in !!! nc_ohc=reG3qDN9IAsAX_jIiLg&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of all the things the Bronco needs improving I'd personally rank the rear axle pretty low...

So begs the question for my enlightenment. Why?

OP
OP
Doetsch Off-Road

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4dr, 2021 Wildtrak, 2021 Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of all the things the Bronco needs improving I'd personally rank the rear axle pretty low...

So begs the question for my enlightenment. Why?
Its an exercise in "why not", and showing what the future of the Bronco will hold.

REAL offroad Broncos will be coming in all shapes and sizes. While they are not ready for 60s...they need to get ready for when its time.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I know nothing of this. What does this Dana 60 axel do that the sasquatch one doesn't? Not trolling (although I usually do), just curious.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d imagine it’s not the only thing they’re doing and it’s pretty bad ass. A Dana 60 is next level run 44s go climb walls real off road thrashing.
A 60 is not that big of an improvement over a 44. Slightly sure, but not monster.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice-GO BRONCO, Funny just yesterday I saw a jeep Gladiator Sport with 17X13.50X40's on it and it looked like dana 30 axles (toothpicks) and I thought to myself wow That's a mall crawler if I've ever seen one HAHA

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking the admins need to add a new category to the forums menu titled hardcore tech to minimize the completely asinine comments of why would someone want to modify a perfectly good Bronco that the Ford engineers spent a ton of $$ to create?

It’s become painfully obvious that a lot of members on Bronco6G are new to off-roading and would be eaten alive on boards like pirate4x4.com and ih8mud.com.

While I respect the opinions and questions of some that have never owned an off-road/4WD vehicle and that there seems to be a true interest in some members wanting to know why, how, best practices and setups to transform their Bronco into a real trail machine. I don’t understand why if someone’s decides to gut their (not yours) new Bronco and upgrade every weak link to satisfy their style of off-roading people cringe?

I realize that not everyone will or needs to build a vehicle to conquer the deepest mud pits or tallest sand mountains or gnarliest rock trails and that the stock Bronco will satisfy 90% of the owners in stock or lightly modified form which is great! However, while some people are concerned with how to keep their door jambs clean, or what’s the best way to keep from getting a scratch or rock chip in their paint, there is an entire community of us that see the Bronco as a nice base platform due to its size, body on frame construction and interior room to transform into a true off-road vehicle that will tackle the toughest trails you can find and allow us to be 100+ miles away from any civilization without having to worry about breaking a tie rod end, bending a trailing arm or exploding to spider gears in the factory diff, etc.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Someshoes thanks for posting the D44 vs D60 link, I was looking for that as well.

In addition to strength and durability the D60 can also be had in full and semi float configurations which is another major benefit over the D44 since the wheel is mounted to a hub and not the axle shaft itself allowing someone to still drive the vehicle off the trail rather than being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking forward to seeing all the rowdy Broncos at SEMA.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I saw thier fiberglass hood, but this one is forged carbon!? I'd like to see a picture of it with no paint. LOL

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I know nothing of this. What does this Dana 60 axel do that the sasquatch one doesn't? Not trolling (although I usually do), just curious.
What it will do is not break.
Altho Dana 44s have a good reputation too.
Sponsored