Sponsored

Bucking the Sasquatch Fever

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only way I am skipping the sasquatch package on my Badlands is if I can option the 4.7 rear as a standalone upgrade from the 4.46. Badlands seems to already have everything I need from sasquatch except that rear.
Exactly I would get it to get the gearing, but probably go to 33's to get the articulation back. Really need to know the difference in the 2 suspensions if they are not the same. If it's just bump stops, that's an easy adjustment. to get the articulation / wheel travel back. People also talk about a 2" lift, if this is a suspension lift I would consider adding that w/ 35's

I BET it is somehow tied into that front dig system on Sasquatch so when you upgrade to Sasquatch in any trim it's the drop in dana 44 with 4.7 rear and some other component that locks up the rear wheel (probably some kind of sensor in the diff telling the brakes to lock the wheel...idk) for that front dig.
Front dig looks to be coupled with the AT trans, not Squatch pkg. & I imagine it's controlled through the ABS.

Personally I intend to use this truck as a capable trail rig. Not as hard as my XJ, but still challenging trails & MOAB will be seeing us again

felix-808-albums-xj-picture60026-moabday3088.jpg
Sponsored

ChaseH9

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After reading as much information on Badlands trim level, I cannot say I would want the Sasquatch package.

2-Door Badlands, 2.7, and Auto sound exactly what I'm looking for.

The Sasquatch package fever has not captured me over what the BL should be able to do right out of the box. Seems that I might lose some articulation by adding the Sasquatch package.

Lift, 35" Tires, and 4.70:1 final are not enough to convince me that the BLs will gain significantly over the 33" tires.

Am I on my own thinking this way, or did I miss something that should make a significant difference?
Does the Sasquatch package make for a better package on different trim levels?

Who else is not sold on Sasquatch (yet)?
I am not sold on Sasquatch for these two reasons only: 1) I want the manual, 2) I'm under the impression there will be a factory option for a 2" lift on 37s. I think I would prefer that to the Sasquatch lift on 35s

Edit: Though my profile states I'm ordering the Black Diamond, I've since upgraded to the Badlands. The Badlands options in manual with the lift on 37s is the look and functionality I'm going for

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I've lifted 5 trucks I've ever owned and never been disappointed. Watching a vehicle on 33's sit beside a vehicle on 35's, it is quite obvious which looks better IMHO. While adding a lift if you know how and can get deals on tires/wheels could be a cheaper route to get the most out of the Bronco, you need to either do the work yourself or have great friends. That said, I can't see why you wouldn't want the pkg on the new Bronco.

My current truck rides on 38x13.5x22's, I've had 37's, 35's...and such. 35's have the best general usability IMO.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This may help the conversation for some:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think once you are at badlands the squatch doesn’t make much of a difference. I think BD is the best one to add it to as it adds the most capability. But you’ll also probably have to pay more for it at lower trims
I'm thinking BD+Sasquatch is going to be Base Badlands $. That's an interesting choice.

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it’s overkill for a daily but totally doable.
Honestly, what would you say pros/cons would be to get the Sasquatch? My Bronco is gonna be a daily 60% and offroad/traveling/hiking 40%.

Im so torn with
Black Diamond with auto 2.3, mid, and front locks.
Badlands with just the Mid
Or saying screw it, and get WildTrak

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My fever broke the moment I found out you can't get the squatch with a manual.
That's one reason I considered the BL trim first. It's the closest to the Sasquatch with a manual. However, I need auto for reasons...

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm going:

Badlands
2.7/10R80
Lux

If I wheel it hard enough to where 33's are limiting me, I'll wait for the aftermarket to come up with a suspension with good travel that can comfortably fit 35's.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, what would you say pros/cons would be to get the Sasquatch? My Bronco is gonna be a daily 60% and offroad/traveling/hiking 40%.

Im so torn with
If you go Squatch w/ the BD you'll get upgraded front axles, a front locker & the 4.7 gears in addition to the 35's & Beadlock capable rims.

The main upgrade w/ Squatch on the BL is the 4.7 gears & 35's Beadlock capable rims.

WildTrack has all this, but lacks the armour, washable interior & does not have the crawl GOAT mode.

Personally I'm going BL w/ Squatch only to get the 4.7's if I can't get them stand alone w/ the AT.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be using my non-Sasquatch Badlands for a 95% DD as well, I will be swapping out the stock 33" KO2's for 33" Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's. They are available in the lighter load range SL making them a much better DD tire while still having aggressive looks and respectable aggressive off-road performance that will do everything and more you want to do on your Bronco. They would be a nice plus one upgrade to the Black Diamond, or if you want to stick with the stock 265/70R17 Black Diamond size they are available as well.
https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeaka/t3w-tire

On the other hand, the Sasquatch 35" M/T is a more aggressive, read noisy, on-road tire. Further, the 315/70R17 size tires are all higher load ratings, meaning rougher ride for a daily driver. The lightest load range 315/70R17 tire I can find is the T/A KO2 in load range C - 6 ply, while better then a load range D or E tire, they still are stiffer and create a worst ride for a DD. Of course this is all relative, if you are coming from a truck and are use to a harsher ride then you may not mind the ride of a 35" tire M/T tire on the Bronco. If on other hand, you are moving from an SUV to the Bronco, like myself, I still want a little better DD ride, with some level of comfort and less noise.

Ford Bronco Bucking the Sasquatch Fever felix-808-albums-xj-picture60026-moabday3088
I have the 33" Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W on my Expedition with an E load rating and they are great on and off road. Quiet and trustworthy offroad so far. Can't say that with the KOs or Duratracs. 10 ply comes in handy in my sharp rock area!

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on the price on top of Badlands for me. If it seems reasonable I'll get it and probably a 2nd set on 33's. (33's for winter/ski trips etc and if I need to do a long distance highway trip)

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im so torn with
This is what I'm thinking except if I stick with the 2.3 and no sasquatch, it'll definitely be manual. I think Badlands and the mid will work for everything I need but I love and want the look of those 35's with the sasquatch package. Ultimately I'll decide once pricing for everything is available.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Skip the "Squatch" package at your own peril. Remember, the Starbucks parking lot can get mighty hairy with all those Soccer Mom's scrambling for a mocha-latte after pilates. ;)?

Honestly, like my Jeep the stock Bronco suspension can do more on the trails than I can. So, I really don't need that much. However, if a person wants one to drive through the mall lot on Saturday I say go for it. Make that bronco your own, and don't worry about someone else thinks. Just enjoy the ride. (y)

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sold on the Sasquatch package if the price is reasonable.
If adding Sasquatch to the Black Diamond is too expensive I may just go up to the Badlands with no Sasquatch. 33 vs 35's isn't that big of a deal for me.
But I want/will get front and rear lockers one way or another.
Sponsored