First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The tube doors are shorter than the outer "skins" of the regular doors, to fit up inside the door jamb. Looks like they're scaled about right in the hacked image.

Ford Bronco Factory Tube Doors For 2021 Ford Bronco Leaked Look 1595795838814

Ibleve

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait... what would these doors actually be used for?
This makes no sense.

I want to get a 2-door with the holes that you see in the launch video. Why?

1. Likely, it will come with some kind of panel in case it rains or is left in a parking lot (for security). If not, that would be a nice project for me to customize the Bronco.
2. Also these would likely be street legal where "doors off" would not. If so, I could swap out for the whole Summer.
3. If you get a 2-door, you will have to leave your doors behind some tumbleweed when it is time to take the doors off... you cannot put it in the back area like a 4 door.
4. The look is superdeluxe. At first people would think it is for show only... until I explain #1-3 to them.

How much do we think the "hole-y doors" will be?
Rhetorical, but do we know if the “hole-y doors” are 2 door only? Hope not!

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm liking the look of these as an aftermarket option....

Screenshot_20200726-172019_Instagram.jpg

Sponsored

wickers

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ford Bronco Factory Tube Doors For 2021 Ford Bronco Leaked Look Screenshot_20200726-172019_Instagram
I don't like the way the back tapers off on these. Looks unfinished. They should curl back up to meet the back panel to finish the look. But to each their own.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't like the way the back tapers off on these. Looks unfinished. They should curl back up to meet the back panel to finish the look. But to each their own.
Beat me to it, was going to reply with the same idea.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like they photoshopped their Jeep doors on a Bronco

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Factory Tube Doors For 2021 Ford Bronco Leaked Look Screenshot_20200726-172019_Instagram
Not having to color match is economical... but I REALLY like the 2-Door with the color matching door that looks OEM.

Sponsored

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still believe this is an ugly photoshop.
Nothing makes sense...
1- why have tube doors while the factory doors are still on?
2- how 2 doors share the same hinges?
3 - the tube are in front of the door handles
4- the tube doors are shorter than the factory doors, how could they close?

probably more inconsistencies but that’s enough to tell this is not gonna be an accessory as shown on that picture...

It’s like doudle sided taped tube doors over factory doors ?
People are getting these visuals from a bit of internet trickery. What I believe is happening is people have figured out some of the equipment codes for bronco options. You can edit the equipment codes into the web address for images of the bronco used in the yet to be publicly released build configurator giving you an idea of what the options will look like.

You can't have two types of doors on at once, its just an overlay onto an image with the normal doors on, they maybe didn't know the web adress for one of the doorless images to apply the tube door overlay to.

Last edited:

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I still believe this is an ugly photoshop.
Nothing makes sense...
1- why have tube doors while the factory doors are still on?
2- how 2 doors share the same hinges?
3 - the tube are in front of the door handles
4- the tube doors are shorter than the factory doors, how could they close?

probably more inconsistencies but that’s enough to tell this is not gonna be an accessory as shown on that picture...

It’s like doudle sided taped tube doors over factory doors ?
It's not a photoshop by a random person/user. It's an official CGI generated by Ford's website when our members figured out how to pull up official CGIs of any Bronco configuration. They also happened to stumble upon these tube doors when plugging in variables.

Here is the original post that discovered these tube doors: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...riors-color-and-trims.2168/page-22#post-69790

And here is the entire thread and how these configurator pics were "hacked":
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nco-exteriors-interiors-color-and-trims.2168/

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a photoshop by a random person/user. It's an official CGI generated by Ford's website when our members figured out how to pull up official CGIs of any Bronco configuration. They also happened to stumble upon these tube doors when plugging in variables.

Here is the original post that discovered these tube doors: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...riors-color-and-trims.2168/page-22#post-69790

And here is the entire thread and how these configurator pics were "hacked":
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nco-exteriors-interiors-color-and-trims.2168/
Thanks for clarification!

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think everyone forgot about the patent that's already been shown. There's a reason they photoshopped it like this. Seems like this may be the "convertible" door assembly with built in tube doors:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...uilt-in-tube-doors-for-2021-ford-bronco.1063/

"A convertible vehicle door assembly includes a gate subassembly including an electrical panel, latch handle and is secured by hinges and a latch to a vehicle static structure. An outer door subassembly is removably secured to the gate subassembly by at least one quick connect mechanism. The outer door includes a window assembly operable by the electrical control panel."

Ford Bronco Factory Tube Doors For 2021 Ford Bronco Leaked Look 2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-2

Ford Bronco Factory Tube Doors For 2021 Ford Bronco Leaked Look 2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-5

Last edited:

Sharpgt

Wildtrak
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford GT. Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMHO if that is the best Ford can do, the aftermarket will come up with a better solution.
Sponsored